Usman Looked Good. Stop Witn The, "He Doesn't Look The Same", Narrative

TBF he really only looked great against Tyquill Woodley and Jorge Masvidal.

He was hurt/stunned and had competetive fights against actually contendors in Burns and Colby.

Good. Fuck cringelord marty
Lol I've got nothing against Usman. He's given us some classics but I've always been indifferent towards him. Sherdog made me a fan of Edwards after the way he was constantly shit on, clowned, and looked over.
FTFY
Also Usman looked like his knees or lack there of did seem compromised compared to the past.
I won't confirm or deny lol. But I've spent money on more than a few ppvs. They are ridiculously over charging now plus I couldn't get out to a sports bar.

He was tentative AF. All that pressure and he was throwing absolutely nothing. Smh! Getting KOed got him second guessing himself.

Usman looked like shit. Looked slow, had nothing on his takedowns, his usual pressure wasn't there, he just kind of stood there. Edwards did a good job with his kicks, but it was more than that.

I was cheering for Rocky, glad he won. But I agree, Usman looked slow tonight. I don't know if he was just unsure of himself after the KO or what.

Leon was also MUCH quicker pulling the trigger this time around, probably because he felt a lot better about his TDD. That might have added to it.

Last edited:
Well...he looked worse than their last fight where he was dominate for basically 4 rounds. This fight he only took 2, and got outplayed on basically every meaningful category

Hard to tell if he looked worse or Leon made him look worse. There were a few times that he had Leon pinned against the cage and he still didn't shoot. He would pressure but then hesitate. He ate a ton of legkicks and bodykicks. Might have been why he looked kinda flat in the 4th and 5th. I expected him to turn it up towards the end but it never really came.

The only difference I saw was that Leon drastically drilled the tdd.

Usman looked very strong, physically imposing, and powerful. He was able to pressure Edward's back a LOT.

I believe he rocked Edward's once. He looked fine. We already knew Edward's was the slicker striker on the feet.

But Edward's showed great defensive wrestling chops. Tbh I wasn't confident Leon had won but my broadcast was poor and lagging a lot. I thought it was close and he lost a point.
Edwards looked improved but inconsistent in the TDD and grappling. Made a mix of great and not so great decisions. As for Usman, I've seen him look much better than last weekend.

Without the point loss in rd 3, this was a 49-46 domination. Leon stuffed his takedowns, kicked and kneed the shit out of his body, and touched him with the jab all night. Outside of aggressive grappling and clinching, Usman really didn't have much go right for him.

He needs to stop ducking his head down when he's pressured or at the end of his combos. It's a massive weakness and Leon was hitting him with knees when he did it

Usman definitely looked like he lost a step, and edwards was on point. I usman ate some hard leg kicks early that affected him throughout the fight.

I don't like man, he looked slower and less explosive to me. His movement also seemed stiff.

Seemed less confident too. (Understandably so.)

Back