News Usman Nurmagomedov fails drug test for prescription drug, removed from lightweight grand prix

So you believe all the dick pills and tainted supplements stories from other fighters? Why wouldn't Ali just say what it was ? That doesn't seem odd to you?
Hence why I said it’s better to wait for more details, if they bury it under the rug it would definitely sound suspect

need to know what it was and what he needs it for but how his team doesnt file for a tue shows how fucking stupid managers are. Unless you're trying to hide it why wouldnt you apply for the tue?

also Ariel says no idea if he's out of the GP yet or stripped, I assume you have to since he failed a test but who knows. And with the sale, not even knowing if they complete this GP, who knows what happens. and lets be real with him out the gp really does fall apart.

Would they throw Primus back in or could AJ jump into a final?

I hope for Shabliy vs AJ. Shabliy will brutally finish Pitbull and Primus, while Usman goes to 5 round decisions vs them but fans are so stupid and only see the Nurmagomedov name, they don't know who Shabliy even is. Shabliy also will beat AJ. I hope they throw the winner over AJ vs Outlaw into the finals.

You're telling me these Russian guys who look like they're the hulk and come from a country banned from the Olympics for elaborate cheating aren't clean?

But a Dagestani’s stamina and fighting endurance comes from living in the hills of their land.

Funny how when a Russian fighter pops it's because they're Russian / Daghestani but when yet another American pops it's nothing to do with being American :rolleyes:

it was an unreported prescription, not anything devious and only 6 months so can't be anything bad

There sure are a lot of PED failures coming out of that camp from people in their close inner circle.

Usman pops for "medication" he just happened to forget to declare.

Islam popped for medication for a heart procedure, but was cleared because it was prscribed by a doc. The only issue being his heart procedure was nearly 12 months prior and he was just popping the occasional tablet now and then because it's just a vitamin for the heart. It was prescibed and he was cleared because he fell in a leeway period when they banned meldonium, because it was clearly being used as a PED by multiple athletes.

You also had Ruslan Magemedov banned for life eventually, who was linked to their camp and Zubaira Tukhogov popping together and going with the tainted supplement excuse.
https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019...me-usada-ban-steroids-drug-testing-russia-mma

Zubaira was also linked to the alleged IV issue when Islam came to Australia. Zubaira happened to miss weight for that fight and there was some speculation he was the actual person who may have used an IV around that time after a botched weightcut.

At some point you have to wonder what's going on in that camp. We have seen it before in other camps, but it's usually been a more individual thing. The last place to have so many pop would be Jackson wink with Jones and Mir popping for the same things within a coupl of years of each other.

Funny how when a Russian fighter pops it's because they're Russian / Daghestani but when yet another American pops it's nothing to do with being American :rolleyes:

It's individuals cheating vs a state sponsored or a camp issue.

Plenty of other nationalities pop for PEDs, but it's not just one camp or ethnicity who all stick together and train together.
You have an issue within the inner circle of this camp vs individuals training at a variety of different gyms all across the country.

Thiago Santos and Krystof Jotko both recently popped in PFL, both have done quite a bit of their training out of ATT. Nothing else links them besides the fact they probably have been sparring partners during their careers.

Both fight in the same org, trained at ATT for extended periods of their careers, but nothing else links them as opposed to the Dagistani/Russian crew.

We have seen it before with camps in the US, but these guys are a bit different as they all come from a similar area and many are distant cousins or related by marriages in some way or came up in Sambo on national teams together.

I can say with good authority that when they grabbed him and primus to drug test them Brent went with the commissioners. Nurmy said he had to go to his room first.
I also heard it was USADA doing the testing or it was USADA level testing.
I dont understand how the drug testing procedures work, what could have happened while on his room? In other words, how could he attempt to cheat by going to his room first?

people try to cheat all over the world, Russia just has that rep about them. From all sports, olympics that they are gonna try and cheat to have dominance in sports going back decades. As an american we saw Rocky, ooh the scary machine drago who was bred and built and doped up into an unstoppable force. Funny enough stallone was probably doped out of his fucking mind for that film with the body he had. But thats been the rep hung around their neck and its not gonna change even if athletes everywhere are gonna always try to get an advantage. Its always gonna be looked at as shady drs, shady gov over there.

The problem with tourneys shit happens the best rarely win. But we find many good fighters that can make a name for themselves.

Last edited:
I dont understand how the drug testing procedures work, what could have happened while on his room? In other words, how could he attempt to cheat by going to his room first?
they typically Grab you while you’re getting your hands taped in the locker room and give you a drug test. In this instance primus went with them, usman said he had to run to his room first. Idk if a commissioner went with him or not, but at that point there are already so many extra variables that attempting to cheat becomes a real possibility

they typically Grab you while you’re getting your hands taped in the locker room and give you a drug test. In this instance primus went with them, usman said he had to run to his room first. Idk if a commissioner went with him or not, but at that point there are already so many extra variables that attempting to cheat becomes a real possibility

How would running to your room briefly help you beat a drugs test?

F-szmuWb0AA6jw7 (1).png

<WellThere>
The receipts are with the commission, so if he's "lying" they can speak out against him.

How would running to your room briefly help you beat a drugs test?

Clean piss. You can run a tube along your gooch and use that for the sample. It gets caught by a good tester because it's cold though.
I used to drug test for a work place and someone tried that.

He could also take a masking agent(that's why heaps of perscription drugs are banned as they do this), take a piss and then has to rehydrate for a sample that dilutes things he has already been diluting pre fight.He pops for something else that covers the low level PED numbers as someone cycles off.

A trick in workplaces is to basically do the same thing as fighters do pre weightcut and force all the water out of your body to dilute the drug out prior to an announced test.

Most of the people popping for random perscription meds are using it to mask other PEDs they are using.

Clean piss. You can run a tube along your gooch and use that for the sample. It gets caught by a good tester because it's cold though.
I used to drug test for a work place and someone tried that.

He could also take a masking agent(that's why heaps of perscription drugs are banned as they do this), take a piss and then has to rehydrate for a sample that dilutes things he has already been diluting pre fight.He pops for something else that covers the low level PED numbers as someone cycles off.

A trick in workplaces is to basically do the same thing as fighters do pre weightcut and force all the water out of your body to dilute the drug out prior to an announced test.
What part of "briefly" you don't understand? You think he did all that shit in the locker room? Lol

What part of "briefly" you don't understand? You think he did all that shit in the locker room? Lol

Define briefly? That's the issue. We don't know shit about this because they aren't telling us the actual details. If they let him go into the room unsupervised after being notified of the test, then all bets are off. People aren't meant to leave your sight once it's announced. You are generally meant to observe the sample, to prevent tampering.

Go watch Icarus. They created a hole in the wall to swap clean urine samples and work out a way to open up containers that were tamper proof.

All it would take is to grab a small squeezy pouch of urine, shove it down your pants and then squirt it into the cup as you pretend to piss, but he failed so most likelt just took his supposed medication. Either way it's as sus a you can get.

3rd guy to pop for something in that camps inner circle. 2nd for a medication prescribed by a doc.4th if you count Ruslan MAgomedov who was banned for life after refusing tests and popped with Zubaira, who punched Mcgregor after the Khabib fight.

I actually think Usman might have popped for a doctor prescribed IV or something similar which is why they want it on the downlow. It will look bad after the Islam narrative in Australia. EIther that or more melodium.

I hope for Shabliy vs AJ. Shabliy will brutally finish Pitbull and Primus, while Usman goes to 5 round decisions vs them but fans are so stupid and only see the Nurmagomedov name, they don't know who Shabliy even is. Shabliy also will beat AJ. I hope they throw the winner over AJ vs Outlaw into the finals.
Shabliy arguably had a worse performance against an older Patricky than 24 y/o Usman Nurmagomedov.

Shabliy arguably had a worse performance against an older Patricky than 24 y/o Usman Nurmagomedov.
You must be sucking on some Ali juice if you think Shabliy did worse against Patricky then Usman. Shabliy was lighting Patricky up and credit to him for being durable

It's probably because the Russian government themselves has been directly linked to doping scandals with their Olympic athletes. It's one thing when a few guys go out and decide to use PED's compared to the government being involved in the development and deploying of the PED's.

Back