Vacation horror stories

mb23100

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Leaving Los Roques Islands, Venezuela our small 10 seat plane failed to take off twice in a row. It got the nose gear to lift then slammed back down and applied full brakes. We actually went off the runway a little. People were screaming and we got off but it's a tiny island with nothing but a runway so we eventually realized it was our only option and got back on. When we were flying back the Captain told us he was having trouble with an engine and couldn't get up to speed. This was while we were still in the air lmao.

Here's the island

los-roques-airport-RR30Y6.jpg

back the Captain told us he was having trouble with an engine and couldn't get up to speed. This was while we were still in the air lmao.

LOL!!

At least he was honest.

NINTCHDBPICT000624543495.jpg

I was vacationing in Oregon and walking around a small town. A sheriff started hassling me and falsely arrested me. I ended up escaping and disabling officers in the mountain side. In the end my old Col. arrived from Fort Bragg and made me surrender. It was scary times. Horrible vacation.

I went on a cross country trip summer 2021 and some of the places we went thru the hotels didn't even have luxury suites available.

<DisgustingHHH>
It was horrible.

Last edited:
went to east asia on vacation, daughter was hospitalized (recurring asthma)

shocking that I would be placed in a room with 10 other people and self servicing medicine.

I opted for a VIP room, requested to pay more for the room, with more accessible nurse/doctor.

the bill was more shocking, it was like 1/100 what I paid for in america a few years prior (recurring issue), that is including the VIP room. I know there's an exchange argument, but it's not 100x......

I had a close call on our trip to Europe. On the first day my wife and I got to Paris we were sitting on a bench. My wallet fell out of my pocket. Didn't realize until we were 2 blocks down. I sprinted back there and couldn't find it, but then I saw a bunch of guys looking extraordinarily happy and laughing. Ran up to them and they had my wallet. Took it back and enjoyed the rest of our vacation. If I was even 30 seconds too slow I may have lost it for good.

Got on a shuttle at LAX to the Hertz garage. When we got off the shuttle, My Wife left a folder on the Shuttle with around 20k in Tickets and Travelers Checks. She realized it immediately, and sprinted off into the night after the shuttle. Leaving Me, the Kids, AND HER PHONE behind. She did catch up with the Shuttle, the driver was having a cig at the next stop. There were people looking through the folder, but T-Bug managed to recover everything.

The potential financial loss never even had a chance to set in. A couple of the kids tried to pursue her, but She had too big of a start on a street with heavy pedestrian traffic. 4 of my adult children and I just stood there on the street horrified as the realization set in that their Mom ran off on a busy street 2000 miles from home with no way to contact anyone. I think it actually took about 20 minutes for her to return with folder in hand. Seemed like an eternity. Vacation continued as planned, including seeing Jon/DC 2.

Nor really horror stories but one time I had to take 4 flights to arrive at my destination, but I was denied on my second flight because the visa was not correct. So I couldn't go back home easily and couldn't go further.

And one time on a cruiseship from Europe to Miami someone decided to commit suicide by jumping into the water. Most guests tried to look out for the person in the ocean, but after 8 hours circling around, the ship continued it's way.

My brother keeps his gun in a duffle bag in his closet. His fiance went on a vacation to Mexico with her family. She took his bag to pack her things without realizing what was inside. Authorities in Mexico found the firearm in her luggage, and she spent 6 months in a Mexican jail. Took about 70 thousand dollars to get her out.

Back