Valentina is a sore loser

shev was closest to finishing
Chokes attempts aren't damaging at all. Plus shev was so close to choking her out that Grasso was never in any danger. She was fighting her hands the whole time. Also I think you underestimating Goddard if he was the ref, he would have definitely stopped it when her head was being dribbled off the mat in the 5th. She literally was getting dribbled with no intelligent defense.

if being pissed about getting robbed is a sore loser then she should be .. grasso was ecstatic about the draw .. that's quite telling
I thought she was happy to keeeeeep the belt..... that was my initial impression

Mike Bell is an advocate of using the more modern interpretation of 10-8 rounds. Most judges (and fans) have simply ignored or forgotten that the rule was changed. How many of you still think a 10-8 is only supposed to be awarded if one fighter has the other thinking they had a near death experience?

Bell is quoted here where he and another judge, Bob Hinds talk about the 10-8 rule changes. This is 7 freaking years ago: The rule is still way too subjective but most judges have simply ignored it. https://bloodyelbow.com/2017/01/02/...-criteria-explained-hinds-bell-mma-interview/

Mike Bell is an advocate of using the more modern interpretation of 10-8 rounds. Most judges (and fans) have simply ignored or forgotten that the rule was changed. How many of you still think a 10-8 is only supposed to be awarded if one fighter has the other thinking they had a near death experience?

Bell is quoted here where he and another judge, Bob Hinds talk about the 10-8 rule changes. This is 7 freaking years ago: The rule is still way too subjective but most judges have simply ignored it. https://bloodyelbow.com/2017/01/02/...-criteria-explained-hinds-bell-mma-interview/

So why didn't he score rounds 2 and 3 as 10-8s?

Val was gifted a draw, so it’s hilarious that she’s so salty. It was a clear 3-2 win for Grasso.

I'd be a sore loser too if the only thing that kept my from winning a championship belt was one judge arbitrarily giving a 10-8 to my opponent in a round I had had the majority of the control and damage in.

She is absolutely right. She needed to finish Grasso to have any chance to win.
She is wrong. If she does not go for that sloppy takedown in the fifth she wins by UD.
Can't make mistakes and blame the judges, it does not work like that.

So why didn't he score rounds 2 and 3 as 10-8s?
Don't ask me. I'm not Mike Bell. I think the whole 10pt, round by round system sucks for MMA and they should judge fights as a whole.

Don't ask me. I'm not Mike Bell. I think the whole 10pt, round by round system sucks for MMA and they should judge fights as a whole.

Then I think your "Mike Bell is using the new rules take" is invalid because the issue folks have isn't necessarily his criteria, but rather his equal application of that criteria.

I mean if Bell hadn't given Grasso that last round 10-8 she'd have won, and in no way shape or form was that at 10-8 round ergo something's fishy.
If the judges scored it properly grasso should have won, anyway.

The judges didn't want to see her stupid dance so made it a draw.

Wow... I didn't get to finish the 5th round, but there's no way that was a 10-8. I had Val winning the round with 2 minutes left.

If any round is a 10-8, it would be that second round that Val dominated on the ground!

Then I think your "Mike Bell is using the new rules take" is invalid because the issue folks have isn't necessarily his criteria, but rather his equal application of that criteria.
I never said he was consistent. I just posted the link where he describes the rule changes. Most fans and even judges still think the 10-8 score is reserved for total dominance where one fighter is so superior for the whole round the other fighter can't do anything. Even Val said it in her post-fight interview. Consistency in scoring is lacking across the board with all the judges.

Back