Valetina exposed tonight

She did zero damage the entire fight. There was literally never a point where Santos looked overwhelmed or in trouble.

Unfortunately, I doubt the UFC will give Santos a rematch.

Exposed as being a 34 year old with 86 combat sports fights?

Holy shit... The secret is out, stop the presses.

Reactions: MTT
She needed to headbutt Santos and shut her eye to close out the fight lol. Even with that, she didn’t do any notable damage or come close to finishing.

I’m convinced her fanbase is the same as Petr Yan’s.

Sometimes it's just not your night. She did more damage for sure though.

(Even accidental damage is fight damage.)

No idea why Valentina kept going to the ground when she was so much better on the feet. That was bad fight IQ and just being stubborn.

I think Valentina was just so used to it working in all her other fights that she forgot she might have to actually adjust her gameplan at some point. I expect she'll learn from this and come back much stronger.

She did zero damage the entire fight. There was literally never a point where Santos looked overwhelmed or in trouble.

Unfortunately, I doubt the UFC will give Santos a rematch.

She could get one and I think Val would beat her again just by not clinching and going for the throws that got reversed. Stay on the feet and pick her apart. Santos had nothing for her standing.

Either way I think Santos is maybe a fight away from a title shot if she didnt get a rematch next.

She is 34. That's seems like the age when female champions start to decline (Sheva, Nunes, Cyborg)

Did anyone notice that girl didn't throw punches and all her takedowns were with unsuccessful submissions without any g'n'p?
Easy decision win for Bullet. The Brazilian sauce girl didn't come to fight.

Santos is better than I thought.

Shev finished the fight strong and won fighting Santos fight.

Valentina won and would do far better in a rematch IMO

If she knew to avoid the clinch from round one she would've actually won decisively

Valentina looked a little worn tonight. Without the headbut Santos might have won, but still, she did little on the ground apart from hold Valentina down. Anyway this all but confirms Valentina as womens goat. She should retire now. Santos beats her in a hematch.

Shevchenko strikes me as the type of fighter who will learn from a razor thin margin like tonight and work even harder to minimize the chances it happens again.Her next opponent will be the one who pays

Santos showed the blueprint to beating her, just need to avoid her dirty headbutts next time

Or just show a little offense along with sub attempts. Santos only has herself to blame IMO.

Exposed because her ground game isn't as good? I don't think so. Her only mistake was continuously clinching up for a take down with her opponent when it's clear Santos was getting the better of the exchange

Like clockwork

Doesn't absolutely annihilate her opponent

= exposed, overrated

Sherdog logic is really something

Back