Tech Vertical line down TV screen

That's the subliminal mind control/activation strip used by the CIA to activate subjects....

Better hide any means of harm in your house.
Yep.
download - 2023-12-28T122852.209.jpeg
Ts probably did it and doesn't remember

I've had terrible luck with everything Samung that isn't a phone. My cheap TCL has outlasted two much more expensive Samsung TVs. I have their appliances too except for my dishwasher. The guy at BestBuy straight up refused to sell me a Samsung Dishwasher lol. Now I just buy LG TVs even though I hate their UI.

My Sony sometimes has a long flat cloud towards the bottom of the screen that kinda looks like glue. No idea what causes it to appear.

Is it fully updated? My Sony had issues with horizontal lines after like three months, but I was ignoring the software updates. Updated it, and it was fine.

If there's no actual visual damage to the TV(from your kids hitting it or whatever), then it's probably just some bullshit like that, or it's a lemon.

That happened to one of my screens after my cousin smoked it with a controller, after he rage quit halo 3 multiplayer

Start with the youngest, he will break down the easiest and give up the others

Posted in the PS5 thread but never going Samsung again.

Less than two months with the S90C and the screen was flickering and producing horizontal lines every few minutes. They offered to send a tech out to troubleshoot and likely submit for a replacement. Thankfully Best Buy stepped up and let me swap it
for an LG C3.

Staying with LG going forward. My last one is still going strong years later.

Less than two months with the S90C and the screen was flickering and producing horizontal lines every few minutes. They offered to send a tech out to troubleshoot and likely submit for a replacement. Thankfully Best Buy stepped up and let me swap it
for an LG C3.

Maybe Samsung is getting too big with too many models on the market. There are a million of them for sale everywhere. I've owned a few and they've been good to me but the last one did have a few small issues.

Is LG that good? Haven't tried them yet.

Maybe Samsung is getting too big with too many models on the market. There are a million of them for sale everywhere. I've owned a few and they've been good to me but the last one did have a few small issues.

LG has been pretty much the benchmark for OLED for years. They’re incredible sets.

for an LG C3.

It's a shame, Samsung used to be awesome. LG are great, I almost said fuck this tv and replaced it with an LG of the same size

You want a good TV? Buy a Vizio. Not as good as they were before they took off, but still way better than all the big brands.

But.....

Who the hell is buying a TV in 2024? Unless I am trying to hook up my Duck hunt/Mario/Racer NES cart system you won't catch me dead working on anything other than a monitor.

Unless its me and pops in the shed, in which case its easy to see us both chilling on old chairs sipping drinks and laughing at western movies.

The TV clearly has the aids. Don't touch it with your bare hands OP

You want a good TV? Buy a Vizio. Not as good as they were before they took off, but still way better than all the big brands.

But.....

Who the hell is buying a TV in 2024? Unless I am trying to hook up my Duck hunt/Mario/Racer NES cart system you won't catch me dead working on anything other than a monitor.

Unless its me and pops in the shed, in which case its easy to see us both chilling on old chairs sipping drinks and laughing at western movies.
What kind of take is this? Lol

for an LG C3.

once i almost bought a Samsung KS8000. to cut a tl;dr story short, i'm kinda glad that i didn't.

Last edited:

I've been really happy with my B7 OLED I bought in 2018. Got the panel replaced under warranty in 2022 due to dead pixels, the LG technician noticed more dead pixels than I had seen and about a week later he comes with a new panel, replaces it and I essentially have a new TV. He told me even though its a B7 model panel, it acts like the 2022 model panels, not sure what he meant by that but I noticed the grey uniformity was way better with the new panel which was great.

This wasn't the first time I had a good experience with their warranty, I had a cheap LCD model from them before and they replaced the panel due to really bad light-bleed after the retailer I bought it from refused to honour a replacement because they couldn't notice anything (in a bright showroom) even after I showed them pictures and a video of it while at home while watching it at night in a realistic lighting condition.

Turned my television on last night and discovered a translucent vertical line going directly down the center of it. I've been at work a lot this week so I have no idea if one of the kids smacked the thing with a toy, but I just got this thing in July and it's a Samsung so I would expect it to not be taking a shit already. Anyone ever deal with something like this? Is it worth calling for a service appointment vs just getting a new TV?
Did you watch a d grade movie recently on it?
Have you plugged a Betamax player into it recently?
Have you washed it?
Have you had drunk mates around?
Did you hurt its feelings?
Is your star sign Capricorn?
Do your kids use nunchuks?

If no is the answer to all the above......then just get a new one, buddy.

625e9a250fe15f919e58bee76db2de44.gif

Back