News Vicente Luque vs Rafael dos Anjos at the UFC’s event on July 15th. 5 rounds. Main event

Who Wins?

• Total voters
He's on a 2 fight losing streak and 31 and you're acting like he's a washed up 38 year old.

He's a fighter who constantly gets into super brutal wars in an now 8 years long UFC career of course he's going to have an early physical decline.

But yeah I do think seem physically declined compared to the guy fighting 3-5 years ago.

I will be putting some cash on RDA.

I think Luque is shopworn and I think RDA is still very very good.

Luque can’t grapple? You have never seen him fight?

Get out of here before I lose my temper
He's been held down in helpless turtle postion several times, even against Belal. Don't get mad over being wrong

I thought RDA said he wanted a break from fighting killers?
never
people can say whatever they want about RDA, but the guy is non stop action. Always taking big fights

Man, Luque's stock has dropped so bad he's being treated like a can around here now? Off the top of my head, his last two loses were to top 10 striker Geoff Neal (that was a bad loss, ngl) and he got fucking outgrappled by Belal who should be #1 contender right now. Those loses aren't even that bad. Before that, he lost to the best striker in the division in Thompson and had a 4 fight win streak prior to the skid. He's 31 years old, he actually does know how to grapple and hits hard. His striking needs to be touched up, I admit it.

Still I ask: why are people saying a LW in RDA is going to grapplefuck and submit Luque? Has RDA even had any true success at WW? I just don't understand why people think Luque will not only lose, but get wrecked. He cant be that shoopworn already, am I missing something here?

Man, Luque's stock has dropped so bad he's being treated like a can around here now? Off the top of my head, his last two loses were to top 10 striker Geoff Neal (that was a bad loss, ngl) and he got fucking outgrappled by Belal who should be #1 contender right now. Those loses aren't even that bad. Before that, he lost to the best striker in the division in Thompson and had a 4 fight win streak prior to the skid. He's 31 years old, he actually does know how to grapple and hits hard. His striking needs to be touched up, I admit it.

Still I ask: why are people saying a LW in RDA is going to grapplefuck and submit Luque? Has RDA even had any true success at WW? I just don't understand why people think Luque will not only lose, but get wrecked. He cant be that shoopworn already, am I missing something here?
Spot on.

Welcome to Sherdog, the land where a fighter is only as good good as the last minute of his last round

Difficult to call. Maybe Luque. Can't say I'm arsed though, both are clearly on the downslide.

I'd love for RDA to win but he's a little bit one foot out the door. Us as fans have to welcome him even if he won't fight for a title. He's already been champ

I got Luque

Luque by KO or RDA via decision

Why is Vincente Luque finally getting main events now that he's turned bad?

This feels like a fight RDA can pretty easily win if he just footworks and takedowns. Even in Luque's prime he had the sort of holes someone as well-rounded and proffessional as RDA could easily exploit.
Prime RDA would win this fight and maybe easily. RDA will be almost 39 when they fight and is showing signs of his age. I'm picking Luque but I'm not very confident. It's an interesting fight but isn't worthy of being a main event.

Why is Vincente Luque finally getting main events now that he's turned bad?

This feels like a fight RDA can pretty easily win if he just footworks and takedowns. Even in Luque's prime he had the sort of holes someone as well-rounded and proffessional as RDA could easily exploit.

Bro Raquel Pennington is getting main events

I have dos santos by whatever he wants. He is better everywhere, probably.

RDA will come in with a grappling heavy gameplan and he might succeed because of Luque's mediocre TDD. But Luque's BJJ is very good so I don't expect him to get subbed. This could be a very boring fight with a lot of hugging against the fence despite both guys being complete badasses. This is an old experienced RDA who's looking to take home a win bonus and put his kids in college, not trying to put on a show and make a name for himself. I'm not blaming RDA either, he is a legend who has earned the right to fight boring if he wants to. Just saying, don't expect a Just Bleed classic.

Dos anjos is dos anjos away from being 40.
Luque looked terrible in his last fight though.

Back