Social Virginia school board votes to restore Confederate names

Who are YOU kidding? I grew up in the South, Florida had some incidents but they weren't as bad as Virginia, where there were almost no Latinos. Less bad than Georgia, where my Mother and Cousins live, and less bad than Arkansas where my Uncle lived. All of whom are white, only one Cousin who is openly racist. Looked me dead in my face and said "I dont like naggers." He was confused as to why I'd find that statement undesirable, tried to explain to me that he meant "the bad ones."

Nevada is where I've personally experienced the least amount, and never been physically threatened.

How racially and ethnically diverse do you want to be?

Sinister's Family: YES.

That's pretty fucked up though, why the hell would he say that. Family is Family. One of my uncles married a Sioux native and so I magically have little half-native cousins back in the Dakotas, imagine me going up to their face on some "I don't like Injuns" shit. 😭 No way.

Who are YOU kidding? I grew up in the South, Florida had some incidents but they weren't as bad as Virginia, where there were almost no Latinos. Less bad than Georgia, where my Mother and Cousins live, and less bad than Arkansas where my Uncle lived. All of whom are white, only one Cousin who is openly racist. Looked me dead in my face and said "I dont like naggers." He was confused as to why I'd find that statement undesirable, tried to explain to me that he meant "the bad ones."

Nevada is where I've personally experienced the least amount, and never been physically threatened.

Maybe your cousin is a fan of Chris Rock?

Maybe your cousin is a fan of Chris Rock?

Ironically he probably WOULD watch this and go "See that's what I mean!! I mean them kinda naggers!!"

He's currently a State Patroleman in Georgia, and I think about that a lot. Even unfriended me on FB for being critical of Cops.

It means nothing to Glenn Youngkin, whose entire campaign for Governor was based largely on an alleged crisis of wokeness in the schools, stirring parents into a frenzy over it. It means nothing to those who voted for him based on that despite any improvements made to the public school system since the 90's. Right now what's going on is an establishment of a voucher system, which does little more than re-direct critic public funding to private and religious institutions. I'd think if Virginians had half the confidence in their highly-ranked public schools as you do, that wouldn't be happening.

The public schools will most likely go down hill with the voucher not because of funding but because the parents that care about their children's education and do the best in school will look to move them from schools that now tell parents to sit down and shut up when they don't want boys and even men in the locker rooms with their daughters or on their sports.

They will move their kids from schools that are now putting being woke above all else. They see the fall of education and want to protect their children from that fall they see coming.

Dude you can speak on whatever the f*ck you want, you're literally doing the thing right now that you're crying about having no right to do. You can say whatever you want, but if you're going to attempt to tell me that I'm misinterpreting my own life experiences I'm going to tell you to get lost. As if I've never had a white guy tell me I'm somehow mistaken about racism I've personally before lol. That's a very common approach, the old "you're just an angry minority who thinks everything is racism" routine.

Your experience is your experience and is viewed through your eyes. I can't tell you how to view that it's you.

I just don't have to take your experiences as the authority on the subject of anything.

How racially and ethnically diverse do you want to be?

Sinister's Family: YES.

That's pretty fucked up though, why the hell would he say that. Family is Family. One of my uncles married a Sioux native and so I magically have little half-native cousins back in the Dakotas, imagine me going up to their face on some "I don't like Injuns" shit. 😭 No way.

You're a good dude for that.

The South is just...different. I think the only area of the Country that compares is just to the left of your area. Wyoming/Idaho/Iowa, that region. My Irish Grandfather was also very racist, but was weirdly protective of me once I wasnt a baby. The only time he and my Father ever made a joint effort was in Cobb County GA (we were driving up the East Coast to NY for a funeral), where some back-@ss redneck told my Aunt "we don't allow those in here" when she took me into a gas station restaurant to use the bathroom. Must have been weird for them to see a young black man and older white man scrappin' side by side. I never thought about it until typing this but it might have also been mutual Military respect, my Father was 21 and in the Army at the time, my Grandfather was maybe 43 and a retired Naval Corpsman.

Your experience is your experience and is viewed through your eyes. I can't tell you how to view that it's you.

I just don't have to take your experiences as the authority on the subject of anything.

This conversation reminds me of when another boxing Coach here in Vegas told me "I just dont think there's that much racism in this Country anymore." Which I thought was pretty convenient coming from a guy not likely to experience it, but never hesitated to defend whiteness as a concept, as well as Nativism (he referred to himself as a "Native American" despite when he'd tell everyone his family were Scottish and Welsh in origin).

He was a bit surprised to find out that there were still sundown towns in parts of the US.

You dont have to take my word as any authority, but it's a good thing you dont need to. These f*ckin racist goons in Virginia just voted to restore names of slavery-loving traitors. I mean, it doesn't get more blatant than that.

The public schools will most likely go down hill with the voucher not because of funding but because the parents that care about their children's education and do the best in school will look to move them from schools that now tell parents to sit down and shut up when they don't want boys and even men in the locker rooms with their daughters or on their sports.

They will move their kids from schools that are now putting being woke above all else. They see the fall of education and want to protect their children from that fall they see coming.

And now you're doing the same sh*t as they did, which is manufacturing a reason to disparage public schools after you worked so hard to defend them. Lol

Weird flex.

Either there is an impending cultural apocalypse which is compromising the education system, or the schools are great. Pick a side of the fence and stay on it.

And now you're doing the same sh*t as they did, which is manufacturing a reason to disparage public schools after you worked so hard to defend them. Lol
All he did was provide stats that showed that their school system was not "trash", like you so confidently claimed.

Then you completely ignored it, and started ranting about Younkin in an effort to make your false statement true.

Who are you kidding no matter where you go if white people are around "you experience" the same.

Sounds like an admission that racism is widespread and pervasive in America

All he did was provide stats that showed that their school system was not "trash", like you so confidently claimed.

Then you completely ignored it, and started ranting about Younkin in an effort to make your false statement true.

And then he turned right around and sh*t all over the public schools with the exact same rhetoric I mentioned, saying the schools were too focused on "wokeness" and that's why parents are going to pull their kids out of them, showing that the stats don't mean sh*t to him either. Lol

I said the schools were sh*t in the 90's, which was when I was there. It's not incomprehensible that there may have been improvements since then, ya know...that is until Republicans turned them into a battleground for their social insecurities.

You're a good dude for that.

The South is just...different. I think the only area of the Country that compares is just to the left of your area. Wyoming/Idaho/Iowa, that region. My Irish Grandfather was also very racist, but was weirdly protective of me once I wasnt a baby. The only time he and my Father ever made a joint effort was in Cobb County GA (we were driving up the East Coast to NY for a funeral), where some back-@ss redneck told my Aunt "we don't allow those in here" when she took me into a gas station restaurant to use the bathroom. Must have been weird for them to see a young black man and older white man scrappin' side by side. I never thought about it until typing this but it might have also been mutual Military respect, my Father was 21 and in the Army at the time, my Grandfather was maybe 43 and a retired Naval Corpsman.

Yeah, must be. The south is almost completely foreign to me, I've never even traveled east of the Mississippi river aside from a handful of direct flights into NYC. A lot of them seem deeply invested into Confeddy cultural heritage, and I just don't know what to think of it.

The western side of WYO isn't half bad (and is extraordinarily beautiful). The gateway towns of Yellowstone and Grand Teton national parks are already accustomed to interacting with millions of people from all walks of life that come to visit from around the world. The towns further to the south like Kemmerer and Evanston have growing latino pops, there's Mexican restaurants there now that didn't exist 20 years ago.

And then he turned right around and sh*t all over the public schools with the exact same rhetoric I mentioned, saying the schools were too focused on "wokeness" and that's why parents are going to pull their kids out of them, showing that the stats don't mean sh*t to him either. Lol

I said the schools were sh*t in the 90's, which was when I was there. It's not incomprehensible that there may have been improvements since then, ya know...that is until Republicans turned them into a battleground for their social insecurities.
See, you're doing it again. What you said, was that Virginia's school system has been trash for a while. Clearly a blanket statement meant to reflect it's status today.

Can't you guys just admit when you're wrong and shut up about it?

Yeah, must be. The south is almost completely foreign to me, I've never even traveled east of the Mississippi river aside from a handful of direct flights into NYC. A lot of them seem deeply invested into Confeddy cultural heritage, and I just don't know what to think of it.

The western side of WYO isn't half bad (and is extraordinarily beautiful). The gateway towns of Yellowstone and Grand Teton national parks are already accustomed to interacting with millions of people from all walks of life that come to visit from around the world. The towns further to the south like Kemmerer and Evanston have growing latino pops, there's Mexican restaurants there now that didn't exist 20 years ago.

I could do an essay about why the South are obsessed with Confederate culture. But at the end of the day it's just multiple levels of grievance and resentment, baked into public policies on a local level. When I was younger I was more sympathetic to it. I mean I loved the Dukes of Hazzard too and honestly always thought to Confederste Flag was better looking than the standard US flag. Lol As I got older it made less sense.

I'm glad to hear about the diversification up there.

See, you're doing it again. What you said, was that Virginia's school system has been trash for a while. Clearly a blanket statement meant to reflect it's status today.

Can't you guys just admit when you're wrong and shut up about it?

Bruh, why are you only responding to a single sentence? I also said it's not incomprehensible that there had been improvements made since the 90's. Not sure what else you think that means.

And it doesnt change the fact that the Republican platform in Virginia is still to attack the school system as invalid. The guy you're defending turned right around and did that exact same thing, negating the context of his argument.

I'm wrong to say the schools are trash because they're highly ranked.

He's right to say the schools are trash that deserve defunding because of their woke agenda, despite their high ranking.

It's called a double-standard based purely on political perspective.

Weird flex.

Either there is an impending cultural apocalypse which is compromising the education system, or the schools are great. Pick a side of the fence and stay on it.

They can be good now but looking at the direction the people controlling them wsnt to take them it plain they are on a social and educational down turn.

What do you think cost the democrats the last governor election. Oh that's right it was because Virginia is over run with white supremacy and they voted him out.

This conversation reminds me of when another boxing Coach here in Vegas told me "I just dont think there's that much racism in this Country anymore." Which I thought was pretty convenient coming from a guy not likely to experience it, but never hesitated to defend whiteness as a concept, as well as Nativism (he referred to himself as a "Native American" despite when he'd tell everyone his family were Scottish and Welsh in origin).

He was a bit surprised to find out that there were still sundown towns in parts of the US.

You dont have to take my word as any authority, but it's a good thing you dont need to. These f*ckin racist goons in Virginia just voted to restore names of slavery-loving traitors. I mean, it ren doesn't get more blatant than that.

I'm sure racism is out there I have seen it myself. I saw how bad it was growing up in a much different time and I know it's still out there.

However I'm pressed to believe this decision was based on racism totally.

More likely it was more vengeance for the last board not listening to or involving the parents in any of decisions.

I think it's dumb but I'm not living there.

Yokel hypocrites sure love their participation trophies for these traitors and losers.

Back