Media Volk, "I want you all to remember this doubt...."

Whatever you say man. KZ is 35 btw, he looked bad cause Volk beat him down and KZ has always been a basic striker, MMA fans propped him up because you guys love to glorify brawlers.

He looked alright by MMA standards when he came back. Should've been on a 4 fight streak with 2 finishes going into the Ortega fight had Yair not pulled that hail Mary Elbow out of his ass. But yeah always highly overrated imo, he's just a fan favorite because he's a good dude and a psycho in the cage.

We'll see man, that's what makes this exciting

I've never doubted volk in a single fight thus far, but I will openly admit that I do have doubts in this fight. This is very obviously an uphill battle. That said, I still honestly think Volk can win and I feel like people are sleeping on him enormously here. Some people are acting like this is a squash match, and I find that crazy. This is near 50-50 for me, but slight advantage to islam for the size.

People are acting like Volk isn't the most well rounded fighter islam has ever faced, like he isn't one of the best wrestlers islam has faced not named arman, like he isn't the most conditioned fighter islam has faced, like he isn't one of the smartest fighters etc etc etc........But he is.

This is a big test for both guys. I'm looking forward to it.

I love Volk… one of my fav fighters but Islam is just too big.. it’s crazy seeing Islam and Charles in person and they fight at only 155? Craxy

Meh, I think he’s gonna get smoked. He’s fought no one near the wrestler Islam is. Best wrestler he has fought is Mendes. I just think Machachev is going to rag doll him. Hope I’m wrong though. It would be fun to see Volk win…..

I've never doubted volk in a single fight thus far, but I will openly admit that I do have doubts in this fight. This is very obviously an uphill battle. That said, I still honestly think Volk can win and I feel like people are sleeping on him enormously here. Some people are acting like this is a squash match, and I find that crazy. This is near 50-50 for me, but slight advantage to islam for the size.

People are acting like Volk isn't the most well rounded fighter islam has ever faced, like he isn't one of the best wrestlers islam has faced not named arman, like he isn't the most conditioned fighter islam has faced, like he isn't one of the smartest fighters etc etc etc........But he is.

This is a big test for both guys. I'm looking forward to it.
Best striker by far. MMA fans are basic though, if you can't describe something to them in a buzzword they aren't listening. They'd rather spout out the Rogan favorite "technical", instead of ever breaking down what makes X fighter "technical".

As I mentioned in a post earlier, there is definitely an element of "faith" in my pick, so I'm definitely with you there. Alex is the underdog and rightfully so, I'm not even arguing that. Besides all the X and O's that I love talking about, Volk has the momentum, the confidence, and skill to back up what he's saying. I doubted him so much until this point, until I opened my eyes and appreciated for what he is, the most skilled MMA fighter walking this earth rn. I put my faith in that man.

Now aside from the queefy stuff, people don't understand that yes Islam has a huge advantage on the ground, but they disrespect Volks striking and striking in MMA in general (which has come a long way in the entirety of MMA in the last ~7-9 years).

I call back to my point that MMA fans love buzzwords and simplistic takes like "once he's down, he's done" or *striker vs wrestler" (like it's rock, paper, scissors or some shit). Well that's great and all, but many strikers didn't have the footwork that Volk has (there where a few Lyoto comes to mind) and that coupled with a decent understanding of wrestling and immense physical strength has changed the game when it comes to TDD. I point to Leon Edwards, Volk, Holloway, Ngannou, and Adesanya as evidence of this, none of them are grapplers at their base.

The game is changing, working your way into a skilled fighters clinching range (such as Volk) is not as easy as the "stand and bang" days a lot of you guys stayed in. Similar to those people who can't leave highschool behind (but that's niether here nor there). Back then fighters stood more square and where more basic with their stand up attacks and acumen, MMA as a whole was more grappling focused, with whole periods being dubbed buzz word era's such as the "lay n pray era" and the "wall and stall era". It's not only the rules that changed, great strikers are more mobile and or powerful, and they're a lot harder to TD because of it.

As much as I do fear Islam once he's on Volks legs, many of you dismiss what he has to go through to get there. Volk is a very nuanced fighter and I understand it takes a while to understand that, I didn't completely get it until he steamrolled my boy Max in the third fight. But completely dismissing him here is nuts. He's so mobile, he has the best vision in MMA (he's probably the most spatially aware fighter on the roster), great reactions, great instincts, excellent combinations, set ups, feints, shot selection. I mean he's damn near perfect on the feet.

Islam can get clipped, we've seen it before, and as I just pointed out, Oliveira is not even in the same dimension as Volk when it comes to striking defense. Islam will not be threatening with with his striking like he did against Oliveira. He'll have to threaten with his grappling from the get go. I'm really curious to see how that goes for him. I can't fucking wait for this fight!

Tl;Dr: I agree with you, most these guys don't know shit, the sport is evolving, Team Volk LFG!

Last edited:
I think Mackhachev fans are to busy celebrating including not taking Volk to serious and to be fairly honest he is the most dangerous fighter Islam has ever faced..

Here is why?

1. Volk doesn't see Islam as random next opponent but he sees him as ''Milestone'' and the milestone that will define his career. He is basically chasing GOAT-ship... An Islam Mackhachev is a unicorn and he views him exactly as Milestone that he needs to collect.. He even said in his previous interviews it is not about champ-champ but beating Islam..

Islam's previous opponents wasted alot of time on avoiding fighting him alltogether or some of them were fighting him because they had to and tried to defeat him but none of them came with the right mindset going into the fight but Volk is different he has the right mindset.

2. He is not fighting the man but he sees the man as milestone in his own life story that is there to grant him his goal which is becoming the ultimate GOAT when all is said and done....

3. I think he views this as a fight against himself and he has to push himself to the limit in his mind to achieve his milestone.

4. He respects Islam as an opponent and views him as one of the best and again coming back to the milestone he sees him as a milestone that needs to be climbed..

5. He's workrate is absolutely ridiculous he trains like a mad-man once he locks unto his milestone he will go to great lengths..

6. He comes with zero arrogance in his preparations and game-planning with humility..

This is the worst opponent for Mackhachev and I think they are not taking Volk that serious which means we could experience a major hype train crash via ambush they don't even see coming.. They took Charles Oliveria very very serious but imho they should take Volk 10 times more serious then they did with Oliveria because Volk is 10 times the fighter Charles is and 100 times more workhorse.

The only route for success is to outwork volk as impossible as it may seem...

@Ackmed @Habib The Eagle @Noraaq

I would love to hear your takes on this
Say milestone one more time…

I want him to destroy Makhachev. The Khabib family has a very high ego, they think they are superior to others. Volkanovski will bring them to reality

This really does feel like a modern day "Penn vs Hughes" to me.

He has a two champs, and a few number one contender fighters too, so its unfair to call him an Edmund.

Non-US coaches are always held to this ridiculous standard. You better have at least one champ in your stable, otherwise you’re quickly branded the Edmund of your country, regardless of how elite your fighters are.

New volk video. He kind of just goes on and on about how excited he is, but here's some brief cliffs:
  • Already has a huge house filled with wrestlers and training partners from around the world. His diet has already been on point. He's been ready for a while and still has 13 weeks to get ready.
  • Islam is a challenge, and that's why he's taking this fight. He likes challenges and this one will make him grow as a martial artist.
  • He loves that there's tons of people doubting him right now -- it motivates him. He wants everyone to remember just how much he is doubted right now. He wants to prove that nothing is impossible. "once I prove you all wrong, I want you to use that as inspiration."
  • This has been the most he's spent on a camp before.
  • He's very confident that he's going to be better than ever at LW (bigger, stronger, faster etc etc)

I like the confidence, I mean Islam has been caught by a lesser fighter , but yeah that was awhile ago. But if anyone can recreate that it's Volk , however if Islam gets a hold of him that will tell us alot if Volk gets grappled down easily.

I mean if he really pulls this off he will be the goat, p4p top 1 forever. this would be a biggest winn in mma ever i think.

Volk is gonna get murked. You can't go life and death with Oretega and Holloway and get by Islam. There are levels to this shit. Remember how unstoppable Holloway looked vs FW and how weak vs Poitier? Conor was a God at FW, undefeated, and could not do shit vs Khabib. Same thing will happen here. Gonna be a blow out.

Volk has insane conditioning, next level IQ and is super tough everywhere. This could potentially be a great scrap with Islam struggling with top control and having to strike more often than he likes.

However, I think (as crazy as it sounds) people overrate Islam's top control and plan accordingly and underestimate his submission skills which are so deadly.

If it gets to the ground it's not can Volk get up BUT can Volk avoid getting submitted? I could see it playing out somewhat like Drew Dober against Islam if it gets to the ground.

If Volk keeps it standing I think Islam will get picked apart.

When Islam smokes Volk, Bareman will officially be Kiwi Edmund.

RSKDwfC.jpg

Joe Lopez is volk's coach

no doubt here- he could definitely do it- giving him about a 45% chance

If Volk pulls this off, greatest combat sports athlete of all time regardless of any future, past-prime losses after islam fight a la BJ Penn

Back