Volk vs Jung

Some classy stuff there, not going to lie I was surprised his corner didn't call it come the end of the 3rd and even more surprised Herb did in the 4th, good call though as he was getting battered, lights were still on but no one was home.

I am struggling to understand what was TKZ's strategy coming into this fight. Fight in the pocket and eat all the jabs Volk was offering ?

I didn't listen to the corner yet in between rounds

Some classy stuff there, not going to lie I was surprised his corner didn't call it come the end of the 3rd and even more surprised Herb did in the 4th, good call though as he was getting battered, lights were still on but no one was home.

Why were you surprised the corner didn't call it. MMA corners are retarded. When's the last time we even saw a corner stoppage in a title fight?

Volk did say in the post fight presser he was starting to feel bad and had hoped the fight would have been stopped before the 4th.

Yeah he was a bit worried for Zombie. The corner of KZ shoud've stopped the fight inbetween rounds.
Zombie should retire. He looked like his speed and vicious counters where gone. Often he was off balanced when throwing. Also physically he looked so soft, compared to his prime years.
He had a great career though. Never boring fights and for that I always will be a fan of him.

Why were you surprised the corner didn't call it. MMA corners are retarded. When's the last time we even saw a corner stoppage in a title fight?
The brief translation the UFC provided in Zombies corner all I heard was them basically asking if he was okay and he didn't say anything, thought they might have figured we'll he's done. As a general rule you're right though, corner stoppages rarely occur in general in MMA let alone title fights.

Back