Volk was way out of shape

Dude he lost on the first round, stop making excuses lol WAR ISLAM

nothing to do with shape he just got caught with a good shot

HHAHAHAHAA

dude signed up to fight and said he'd win by ko early.

volk should stay in his lane.

Worst shape I've seen him fight at. Why even take the fight if you're going to show up that poorly.

Bad conditioning didn't have time to take effect when it ends in the first round.

I don't quite see how a full camp would have resulted in another outcome, it's not like he was gassed out and unprepared for an entirely new type of opponent - it was in round 1, he knew exactly what Islam could do, and he got head kicked and lost. This is usually what happens in rematches - the one who clearly was the better fighter, will prove that even further in the rematch (did not happen in Sterling-Yan though).

I didn’t want Islam or Volk to lose, I’m at a standstill. Props to Volk for manning up.

Makachev made better adjustments lets be honest.

He can fight Topuria, then start fighting some LW contenders if he ever wants another chance.

No excuse : he's not as great as people think, as simple as that.

Sure it was a short notice, but it's not an argument for such a destruction.

Usman put a very competitive fight against a great fighter, because Usman is simply that great and not Volk.

You could say he took it on short notice but this is why you don’t. His stock actually dropped

I noticed the extra bit of fat on Volk bulging over his shorts. He looked heavy, flat footed and out of breath.

Nah he got viciously outstruck and Islam showed him what happens when you step in with the big boys and they don't underestimate you.

Sent him back the minors at FW.

NO DUHHHH LOL!!!! DC even said he would try to convince volk not to take the fight.

Back