Volkanovski layed out the blueprint on how to defend Dagestani grappling

Volk just got his ass back up. That has always been the blueprint.

Also, can we settle that Volk is strong as fuck? He outmuscled some of those positions in the clinch.

The main thing I saw was to keep consistent on the hand fighting and do not allow the Dagestani figure four trap on the legs, Volk fought hard on every position and shown that it isn't as unbeatable as everyone thought.

Islam's future opponents will have film on how to succesfully defend against him. He will lose his belt pretty soon.

Agreed. Before this fight many were saying Islam would dominate everybody until he chooses to retire.

Now, in that fight, Volk exposed multiple vulnerabilities that other fighters will study, drill for in training, and exploit in the cage.

Imagine thinking everyone is as good as Volk. They're not. Most guys couldn't do what he did, especially at that size.

I agree. Volk did awesome tonight.

If someone with a solid wrestling pedigree can avoid the grappling woes that he presents and capitalize on being a natural LW… maybe they could do the same and beat him. I’m thinking Chandler possibly has the right strengths if he can avoid getting subbed.

Ah yes the blueprint of being an amazing athlete and top 3 fighter skill for skill all time I’m sure that plan will be easily replicated

Islam's future opponents will have film on how to succesfully defend against him. He will lose his belt pretty soon.
Be 5'5"? Yea. Anyone who grapplers will know that short compact guys who knows what they are doing can be incredible anti grapplers.

Back