Wait, some Sherdoggers actually think Izzy beats Jones?

Izzy smokes Jones at this point. Jones has been on a steady decline for years now, he's slower, less technical, doesn't hit as hard and won't be able to use his length against Israel. 4.5 inches is not much of an advantage against a seasoned striker with superior footwork.

Not right now because Izzy is giving up too much weight. But you give him a year or a bit more to gain 15 pounds and you got yourself a fight. Maybe even a beatdown. Jones is a shadow of what he used to be, no wresslin, no crazy moves, no explosiveness and flat footed. His cardio, chin and fight iq is what makes him win. He is such a great fighter that even this washed up version is enough to keep winning.

If Jones cant get Izzy to the ground Jones gets picked apart.

So yeah it's not crazy if people think Izzy can beat Jones.

From what I've seen Izzy is deceptively strong in the clinch and his TDD is good to very good. Plus his cardio and heart is never in question.

I think Izzy stuffs enough of Jones TD's and picks Jones apart on the feet

Well, it's MMA of course Izzy "can" beat Jones - that doesn't mean he will beat Jones.

<DCWhoa>

{<jordan}

@GoshiShun17 get your ass in here dawg.
I saw the profile pic, congrats on the baby but you've got some 'splaining to do bradtha...

Jones isn't some guy who Izzy has reach and length on like all the rest. Jon is Izzy's height with 4.5 inches of reach on him. You think he isn't gonna use that? You think Jon Jones is gonna stand there and be Izzy's punching bag ? Lmfao stop. ..

Jones isn't Kelvin, Yoel, or Whittaker bro -- he's gonna actually use his wrestling, and take that boy down. Then its gonna get ugly real quick. Also, everything that Izzy can land in KBing range, Jon can too, but keeping Izzy out of reach.

Throw in elbows, knees, and a GOAT chin, and Izzy is unequivocally fucked.

Stop the bullshit bro.

If Izzy beats Jones . I'll delete my account.

wow 10 years on Sherdog and doesn't know how wrestling works

Why is that seems so crazy to you?

Izzy is a FAR better striker if Jones can’t take him down Jones loses
It's extremely crazy to me because I see it the exact opposite way. Jones is far more powerful, well rounded, and experienced than Izzy. If Izzy can't keep it at his range, He's fucked.

2021 will be your last year here. Jon arguably loss to Reyes and a judge scored in favor of Morretta.
We will see.
Mmath doesn't work bro...
1- Jones lost to Reyes. Not arguably, but 100% lost.
But Izzy is no where as strong as Reyes to defend TDs and doesnt hit as hard either. Jones ate Reyes shots for 3 rounds like cookies.
2- Izzy arguably lost to Marvin the mother fucking Stallion Vettori and had the worst championship performance of all time vs Yoel.
What's your point?

Izzy isn't some guy who Jon has reach and length on like all the rest. Izzy is Jon's height with only 4.5 inches less reach. You think he isn't gonna use that? You think Izzy is gonna stand there and be Jon's punching bag ? Lmfao stop. ..

Izzy isn't Reyes, Gus, or Santos bro -- he's gonna actually use his striking, and knock that boy down. Then its gonna get ugly real quick. Also, everything that Jon can land in KBing range, Izzy can too, but countering Jon.

Throw in anime, trolling, and GOAT memes, and Jon is unequivocally fucked.

Stop the bullshit bro.
<mma4> I like it

As long as Izzy can handle the reach and height of Jones he wins

I hate Jones as much as most people, but some of you Sherdoggers are off your fucking rockers right now, disrespecting his greatness. When Jones was winning belts and killing the greatest fighters in the world, Izzy was in China fighting 5 foot tomato cans for a box of Yu-Gi-Oh cards, sit the fuck down. Jon Jones, a motivated Jon Jones will be damned to lose to a guy with 2 years of experience in the ufc. You will see. It's called veteran savvy. He's gonna introduce Izzy to a whole new world of physicality and MMA, not kick boxing, but MMA. The smesh will come...

Izzy's height gets inflated to 6'4" and Jones is on the high end of 6'4" (probably closer to 6'5").

It's a different type of fight for izzy but he could get it done.

had izzy ever faced someone adove 6 1 in mma besides 44 years old anderson silva

Back