Television WANDAVISION Discussion (Dragonlord's Review)

If you have seen the whole season of WANDAVISION, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
You sure about that?
yeah, I’m not getting all the Justin Hammer love I this thread.

I watched iron man 2 not too long ago and he was portrayed as incompetent weapons engineer who was always getting cucked by Tony Stark. He was good as a bullshitting salesman but when it came down to it, his weapons did not work.

I watched iron man 2 not too long ago and he was portrayed as incompetent weapons engineer who was always getting cucked by Tony Stark. He was good as a bullshitting salesman but when it came down to it, his weapons did not work.

Didn’t Hammer Corp technology feature prominently in one or more of the Netflix marvel shows? Maybe I’m misremembering but we’re the guns/bullets that could hurt Luke Cage from Hammer?

Of all the hundreds of dumb, unnecessary sequels, this gem of a film never got one.

A travesty.

I can't believe they didn't at least use the same production etc for a Battle of Trafalgar or Battle of the Nile movie. Trafalgar is the greatest victory in British history (perhaps all history) but doing a movie about it is kind of like doing a movie about a football game that ended 105 - 0, so battle of the nile might be more fun

haha Bettany is great.

That Star Wars Solo movie from a few years back is, in my opinion, damn entertaining and underappreciated and Bettany steals the film every scene he is in. Great performance.

The film as a whole was a bit uneven (although sitll better than any of the sequels or prequels IMHO) but yeah he worked very well, played off of Crowe well too in Master and Commander which I'v had liked to see turned into a franchise.

Again I would recommend Martha Marcy May Marlene if you want to see Olsen in a very strong dramatic role, I think she's been good in the MCU up to now but not used to her full potential pre Wandavision.

Maybe turn down the comedy a bit and turn up the menace but why wouldn't you want Rockwell back?

Last edited:
I'm gonna see this through to the end in hopes that wanda still becomes the big bad.

But this evil witch chick is really the dumbest plot point I've seen in a marvel movie. And if she's the fucking big bad of all this.

Yawn.

I'll pass on phase 4.

Agatha isn’t really doing anything beside trying to understand how Wanda is doing what she’s doing. Wanda is still very much the most powerful person in Westview.

I can't believe they didn't at least use the same production etc for a Battle of Trafalgar or Battle of the Nile movie. Trafalgar is the greatest victory in British history (perhaps all history) but doing a movie about it is kind of like doing a movie about a football game that ended 105 - 0, so battle of the nile might be more fun

Probably the issue there, British military victories outside of WW2 arent generally very popular in the US or indeed most places outside of the UK.

Master and Commander was really I think a way of doing a Thomas Cochrane movie on the sly.

The film as a whole was a bit uneven (although sitll better than any of the sequels or prequels IMHO) but yeah he worked very well, played off of Crowe well too in Master and Commander which I'v had liked to see turned into a franchise.

Again I would recommend Martha Marcy May Marlene if you want to see Olsen in a very strong dramatic role, I think she's been good in the MCU up to now but not used to her full potential.

Maybe turn down the comedy a bit and turn up the menace but why wouldn't you want Rockwell back?

Thanks. I’ll check it out.

Yeah man I actually thought Rockwell was one of the highlights of a pretty subpar movie in Iron Man 2. Yeah it was mainly comedic but I thought he did an awesome job.

I'm on book 7 of this fantastic series - that joke is straight from the books. I sure wish the movie had been made a wee bit later, given the wealth of material, the Aubrey-Maturin is perfect for the age of franchises and streaming. Just one movie, smh. At least there are 20 novels in the series, I've never read anything quite like them.

Didn’t Hammer Corp technology feature prominently in one or more of the Netflix marvel shows? Maybe I’m misremembering but we’re the guns/bullets that could hurt Luke Cage from Hammer?
Yeah, they were. But Justin Hammer should be in prison still at the time and it was probably on of his engineers that designed the bullet. Plus so far the MCU films haven’t referenced or acknowledged the Netflix shows.

I felt like they did not do his character any favors in Iron Man 2. He would really have had to undergone some growth during his incarceration in order to be perceived as a threat otherwise bringing him back would just he be fan service. The only thing I way I could see them bringing him back is if he worked on reviving Vision, but is not successful at controlling Vision and Vision goes on a rampage destroying the base.

You’re all missing the beauty of Justin Hammer. If it isn’t obvious to you, you’ll never understand.
please enlighten me then.

Agatha isn’t really doing anything beside trying to understand how Wanda is doing what she’s doing. Wanda is still very much the most powerful person in Westview.

I'm holden out hope. I prey that the "scarlet witch" name drop is going to be what we call evil wanda.

If that's the case then I'm back on board.

But agathy looks like she belongs on that 90's Xena warrior princess show ffs. She's so goofy and cheaply written.

Thanks. I’ll check it out.

Yeah man I actually thought Rockwell was one of the highlights of a pretty subpar movie in Iron Man 2. Yeah it was mainly comedic but I thought he did an awesome job.

Even in that film I felt you saw Rockwell could mix in a bit of threat with the comedy effectively, honestly it was Rouke's character that let the film down for me being a generic thug out for revenge.

He probably wouldnt be well suited for a main villian on a show/film but a supporting role I could definitely see, maybe working for Ross or being manipulated by Doom?

It would have been awesome if Black Widow showed up after Agatha said "you're the Scarlett Witch". She could have said "yeah, but I'm The Scarlet Johansson" and shot them both in the head then left with the kids

I follow through everything

if it’s a bad book, I’ll still read until the end!

So Wanda mentions season 2, episode 21! That’s not the correct order, that episode they watch is not what it is supposed to be

Mistake?

Back