Television WANDAVISION Discussion (Dragonlord's Review)

If you have seen the whole season of WANDAVISION, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
More than likely, Dr. Strange knew the whole time. Did his going to the future looking for possible outcomes again, and didn't see a reason to intervene, because doing so would have worse implications. Him knowing the possible futures is the "Golden Loophole" of the MCU.

Doubt Strange would be able to do that without the time stone.

It's all about how Olsen and Bettany were so amazing that led me to still find a way to like the finally. Over all I really enjoyed the series as a whole and can accept it's ending with one exception. I hate that we got trolled with Ralph Bohner. It's a big dissapointment they didn't find even some small way to make an x-men connection. The news of a new marvel mutant movie dropping the same day as the wandavision finle does however give me some hope.

The ship of the Theseus scene was the highlight of the finale and maybe the series for me.

Long time since this post, but, wanted to share this old philosopher talking about the ship of Theseus problem. Timestampped it.

Long time since this post, but, wanted to share this old philosopher talking about the ship of Theseus problem. Timestampped it.

My eyes are barely even open yet this morning. I got a few minutes in and it seems like an interesting listen but I'll have to come back to it later. Cheers!

Woke and Broke are not in Marvel's dictionary. And much the same that Lucasfilm could care less about my opinion on the sequel trilogy, Marvel isn't gonna sweat yours when there is a hundred more fans that did enjoy the ending to WandaVision.

All we can do is come to the internets and bitch about it.
Just so we're clear, over a year later, no, the mainstream did not like the ending to the show. The finale was the lowest rated episode in the show's run outside the first three episodes which was a slow build.
https://www.ratingraph.com/tv-shows/wandavision-ratings-85403/

Time hasn't been kind-- short as it's been. It's already slid 0.3 points since it ended last year. With that rating, on IMDb, it's only the #23 ranked English-language non-documentary TV series or Miniseries that released in 2021 with over 5K total votes.

It ruined most of the potential it had going with that high we got in Episode 5. Could have been a Top 3 show for the year. At least it partly justified its ending as Wanda turned out to be a villain, indeed, in the extended MCU, as she was the primary antagonist of the latest Doctor Strange movie. However, that doesn't justify the cartoonish treatment of the so-called villain of Wandavision itself. As I said last year, in this thread, the show could have been good if it centered its disruption of expectation around making Director Hayward of SWORD the good guy.

Wanna see great TV from 2021 about powered heroes and villains? Watch Arcane.

Just so we're clear, over a year later, no, the mainstream did not like the ending to the show. The finale was the lowest rated episode in the show's run outside the first three episodes which was a slow build.
https://www.ratingraph.com/tv-shows/wandavision-ratings-85403/

Time hasn't been kind-- short as it's been. It's already slid 0.3 points since it ended last year. With that rating, on IMDb, it's only the #23 ranked English-language non-documentary TV series or Miniseries that released in 2021 with over 5K total votes.

It ruined most of the potential it had going with that high we got in Episode 5. Could have been a Top 3 show for the year. At least it partly justified its ending as Wanda turned out to be a villain, indeed, in the extended MCU, as she was the primary antagonist of the latest Doctor Strange movie. However, that doesn't justify the cartoonish treatment of the so-called villain of Wandavision itself. As I said last year, in this thread, the show could have been good if it centered its disruption of expectation around making Director Hayward of SWORD the good guy.

Wanna see great TV from 2021 about powered heroes and villains? Watch Arcane.

One whole year and many shows later, I could care less. While I still enjoyed it for the most part, there are now definitely things that could have been done better now that the phase has fleshed out. My main let down was putting so much stock in Wanda possibly bringing in some XMen. I’d say the one show that delivered was Hawkeye.

Back