News Wang Cong, the woman who defeated Valentina in kickboxing signs with the UFC

She's at least competent at it, she won her Road to UFC fight by sub.
Val is 36 and out of prime. Assuming this woman is even good enough to work her way up to title contention it's almost certain Val will be retired by then unless she decides to stick around too long, at which point it won't even be an interesting matchup. If Cong's goal is to pull a Pereira type run she should have gone into MMA the second Val became flyweight champion, not 4 years later.

Val is 36 and out of prime. Assuming this woman is even good enough to work her way up to title contention it's almost certain Val will be retired by then unless she decides to stick around too long, at which point it won't even be an interesting matchup. If Cong's goal is to pull a Pereira type run she should have gone into MMA the second Val became flyweight champion, not 4 years later.

I don't think her goals are necessarily anything to do with Val, she just wants to be UFC champion, maybe she'll end up fighting Val, maybe she won't.

I do think she'll rise through the ranks very quickly though.

I don't think her goals are necessarily anything to do with Val, she just wants to be UFC champion, maybe she'll end up fighting Val, maybe she won't.

I do think she'll rise through the ranks very quickly though.
We shall see. I would like to see more high level strikers in wmma.

Did Valentina ever talk about this chick sitting in a bar watching her be a champ?

Cause if so, I have some bets to place.

Tapology pic is decent. Good to see she's only 32. Not really young but when I read she fought Valentina I was thinking 35-ish.

She has 8 kickboxing wins, 7 of which were by decision and 1 by TKO. All wins in China. Hard to get excited about that.

She's a beast, obviously she's a great kickboxer but it's how ridiculously strong she is that stands out to me, she just ragdolls girls around in the clinch.

Ok but will this athlete pass the stringent hormone testing of the ufc' new drug testing body, run by The MacLife?

we got Wang and Yadong in the UFC
if the organization doesnt put them on a fight card together that will be a criminal missed opportunity.

Back