Social War Room Lounge 317: Who's your da.. uh accountability partner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The page doesn’t have to refresh when a post is made. Also unsure but new posts might show up as well without a refresh. I haven’t been in a higher traffic thread to see if that’s the case
I don’t think I’ll enjoy that

The page doesn’t have to refresh when a post is made. Also unsure but new posts might show up as well without a refresh. I haven’t been in a higher traffic thread to see if that’s the case

Pretty sure it’s the same as before. You get a notification above your post that says something like ‘post has been made since…’ or something. The PBP for the UFC thread wasn’t live in the sense that posts automatically appeared; you had to refresh or hit the ‘view posts button’.

@Lethal please add that to things we need to talk about besides house of the dragon.

I don’t think I’ll enjoy that
Post again. I want to see if it shows up.

Edit: Nvm, I do see the post below this one without the refresh

Pretty sure it’s the same as before. You get a notification above your post that says something like ‘post has been made since…’ or something. The PBP for the UFC thread wasn’t live in the sense that posts automatically appeared; you had to refresh or hit the ‘view posts button’.
I think they did test one PBP as truly live before and it didn’t go well because of how fast the thread moved. The page definitely refreshed after posting though right ?

Post again. I want to see if it shows up.

Edit: Nvm, I do see the post below this one without the refresh
Are you asking me for more?

I already do everything around here

So state of the art early 1990's ICQ technology?

So state of the art early 1990's ICQ technology?
Oh my god ICQ lol. My dad used to say he’d monitor my icq and msn messenger conversations but quit after about a week of me talking about makeup and what underwear wouldn’t be visible with my low rise jeans

Another thing is the post number shows on vertical mobile. I think old format you had to turn the phone sideways to see it. Most people probably don’t use it but it’s useful when linking a specific post in a thread instead of the thread itself.

I just took a look. Its definitely not using web sockets. Looks like network polling and only when you start to type out a draft. <28>

I just took a look. Its definitely not using web sockets. Looks like network polling and only when you start to type out a draft. <28>
So I have to type in the box to trigger new posts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back