Social War Room Lounge 317: Who's your da.. uh accountability partner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any place with Matcha can’t be too bad. I’m very glad an alternative to coffee like that exists. Way easier to make too

It's about award time. Do you guys want to keep last years formatting or change it up?

I purpose a new category "Most likely to be banned"
I can make that happen.

Did we like the multiple threads taking the top two nominations and voting, or just one thread where the most nominations win.

I can make that happen.

Did we like the multiple threads taking the top two nominations and voting, or just one thread where the most nominations win.
I don't have a strong opinion on that.

Alternative to coffee? Those words don't make sense.
Indeed, and I love them both.

@Lead I think they each have their place, just not as substitutes for each other.

Unless you mean over ice cream or some sort of confection. Then yeah, either are acceptable in almost every case.

Alternative to coffee? Those words don't make sense.

Indeed, and I love them both.

@Lead I think they each have their place, just not as substitutes for each other.

Unless you mean over ice cream or some sort of confection. Then yeah, either are acceptable in almost every case.

Definitely can completely substitute coffee out. Aside from some instances of espresso, I’ve gotten more wired from matcha and overall, you crash less from it if you overdo it. Way less acidic too which is something I’ve been trying to move away from as I use to drink soda and coffee a lot in the past.

@Andy Capp what do you use each for?
Well, to be fair, it's mostly a component of desert for me, but speaking of Japanese green tea in general, it's great post-meal as a palate cleanser, digestive, and ever-so-gentle pick me up to combat the sleepiness of a full tummy, plus of course any time you might benefit from those qualities.

I like dark roast coffee, and fairly strong at that, similar to my preference for dark chocolate. Aside from tasting good, it's supposed to hit hard and warm you up from head to toe, leaving you "ready for action" as it were, or skipping the hyperbole, feeling alert and fresh during an active workday. Edit: there are only certain foods that really go well with coffee, like dark chocolate,; it's generally meant to be consumed on its own for me, as is tea.

You didn't ask but in between, during the day, I like plain ol' carbonated water with some lemon or lime juice thrown in*. After the evening meal, I might add something clear from the liquor cabinet in with the water and juice.

It's weirdly hard to find plain ol' soda so I settle for this stuff most of the time,
bubly-lime.jpg

Digressing slightly further, for those times that I need a caffeine boost but not a full on cup of coffee, I have these mints from Japan with caffeine in them,
20121016-e58d88e5898d084703.jpg

Love them and they have lots of other varieties. I like as much variety as I can get when it comes to food and beverages. It makes the world just that much more interesting to me.

*as opposed to Club Soda or Tonic Water

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back