News Warner Media and TBS "quiet quit" from the Power Slap League

https://www.mmamania.com/2023/1/5/2...ighting-league-quietly-removed-tbs-lineup-ufc

:eek:

The newly-created “Power Slap” fighting league, recent brainchild of UFC President Dana White, promised “big things slappening in 2023” — complete with slap emoji — though I doubt this is what the promotion had in mind.

Less than two weeks before the league’s premiere on TBS, White was caught on video slapping his wife during a New Year’s Eve party in Mexico. As a result, the network has quietly removed Power Slap from its Jan. 11 lineup.

“Dana White’s Power Slap League has been removed from the TBS programming schedule ahead of its expected launch on Jan. 11,” veteran MMA reporter Damon Martin wrote on Twitter. “The Power Slap page was also removed from the TBS website. Warner Media has not responded to multiple messages asking for comment.”

White publicly apologized for the altercation in the days that followed but the incident cast a long shadow over a promotion built on professional slapping. No word yet on whether or not the premiere has been delayed or permanently removed.

giphy.gif

I still can't believe this was ever a thing to begin with. Seems like something that would've caught on back in the Spike TV era. Everything from the league itself to the ironic twist that has apparently ended it seems like a poorly written parody of an actual sports organization.

Imagine the pr work hyping up Power Slap League where the Bald Father is in the front seat of the billboards slapping his woife.

Uncle Dana did us all a favor making Power Slap not happening by slapping his own wife
(that bish deserved the bitchslap back though)

I had no idea that was a slap emoji. I thought it was waving.

You can´t be fast enough these days. Delete thread or merge or sticky it!

Lmao it wasn't domestic violence ge was just training for the slap league

<31>

Back