Was anyone really surprised about Garbrandt/Almeida?

Would you believe there was a guy who went 12 for 12 on Tapology? :eek:

45981-Sweet-Jesus-mother-of-god-Jura-ytNE.gif

Mother of god...

I thought Almeida had the more complete skillset, and that maybe his kicks might give Cody some issues.

But he never even got the chance to get his game going. Garbrandt lit him the f up.

This

I thought he was a more complete martial artist and would take over after the first

He had nothing

Hid behind his hands and never did anything like a world star victim

I'm not surprised, Almeida hangs out in the pocket for a long time and Cody has fast, heavy hands.

Hard for me to believe. There was some iffy decisions as well. Always a bit of luck involved.
For sure, I had perfect picks on the Nelson/Barnett card and I didn't know who most of the guys were, just went like "I like this dude, i'll pick him".

32823-892376.png

You mentioned their lack of defense and some of the shots he hurt Almeida with were in the pocket when both were throwing and landing. Right on the chin, too. I gave the edge to Almeida because of his impressive streak and because I thought he was faster, but was surprised with Cody's speedy combos. Almeida was in a very defensive posture for most of the fight, but CG was still able to land around and through his high guard. Those punches were so fast though that I'm not sure were exactly they landed.

Lol my exact reaction holy shit

BTW, did you ever heard about the Sherdog Draft Game? :D

This is the main thread with rules&applications in it;

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/s...w-draft-thread-on-dec-21-all-full-up.3118781/

This is the link to the leagues (where the game is actually being played and people draft fighters);

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/sherdog-ufc-real-time-game-thread-all-league-links-inside.3137783/

I'm in league 4....

This season of the game ends in September..... You would be a fantastic addition to the line up for next season! :D Always welcome active players :D

Am I the only one who sees how slow and non-explosive/athletic Almeida is? That's why I'm shocked at all the future champ talk. To me he's almost like a Thiago Silva type who is a pure destroyer against most but has little chance verse the faster higher level athletes.

I definitely did not expect the fight to be anywhere near THAT one sided, however.

I'm not surprised at the result, as I though it was a fight that could go either way, I was however very surprised by how timid Almeida was, he fought scared and didn't do himself justice at all.

I thought Almeida would win a war. But Cody came out guns blazing and he was fast as fuck. I think Almeida, given the chance to get going, is the more complete fighter and he could've done the job but Cody didnt let him breathe and was really just too fast for Almeida and his boxing is better. He lit his ass up. I think it's better this way. Might make a good prospect like Almeida improve more which is always a good thing. He's still what 23-1 now ? with mostly finishes. Still young, dont count him out just yet. Remember soon, Cody will fight someone better and will get his ass knocked out or chocked out. Dont count them out.

It was a little surprising. I was aware that Almeida is a decent striker and being honest, didn't know too much about Cody except on tuf where he pushed Conor. .
I noticed he lacked a lot of experience having only 8 fights compared to almeidas 21.

I was. I knew both were serious prospects but never realised Cody was that slick, really. I mean, to go from beating Brimage, Briones and a green BJJ fighter in Mendes to that - I was impressed.

Back