Was Holloway vs Gaethje really the Fight of the Night ?

No but for that performance Max deserved major cash. I think there were a bunch of undisclosed bonuses handed out. Hopefully the fighters in the fight you think was FOTN were taken care of behind the scenes.
I've read or heard somewhere that every finish got a backroom bonus but can't find the source now.

I've read or heard somewhere that every finish got a backroom bonus but can't find the source now.
Dana himself said he was going to take care of the fighters. Not sure how true that is but I believe it.

No, but it was always going to get it with that ending.

If Yan and Zhang had been more competitive in 4/5 and action packed, then that would have been better.

Jiri vs Rakic, Olives vs Arman were more action packed and more closely contested imo

I thought the whole fight was amazing. The card was overall a stunning success. Too bad the main event wasn't a bit more competitive.

Everybody is saying Jiri vs Rakic, is Weili vs Yan disqualified because it's WMMA? From my memory Zhang dominated her on the ground and it looked like it was over then Yan came back and knocked her down like 4x, then Zhang turned it around again..

It had it's moments but Zhang rode out the last round with control and won her rounds that way too. It was only fun because Yan woke up from the dead and had some good moments.

Jiri/Rakic was a war where both guys were just banging to the end

Back