Was this the best UFC event of all time?

Probably, i mean, Pereira pulled the smoothest of smoothest KO sequences, Holloway pulled the most BMF moment in UFC history (for a 2nd time), ladies fight was not bad at all, i mean, other than probably Aljamain vs Kattar every fight delivered something, it probably was the best night ever for MMA.

I’m gonna say most likely, it was awesome and every fight delivered something.

We had two Chinese girls and some can I’ve never heard of fighting a 5-0 prospect in the main ppv portion that cost $100+ to watch.

Best card of all time. Watched literally every fight

You don't even believe that. Grow out of contrarianism.

Uh, no. I do believe that.

Every fight on that was good apart from 1, which was the only decision.

PFL had no fights as boring as Aljo/Kattar, and they were all more exciting than Renato/Turner.

Bo's fight wasn't that great.

Armen/Charles was mostly just LNP outside of a few hard GNP shots and some sub attempts.

Max and Gathje was good, but it needed to be more violence and less point fighting for a 5 round BMF fight. They got going at the end and it was great, but it needed more than that.

Yan and Zhang was fun for a couple rounds until they both ran out of puff and Zhang decided to just take the easiest route and LNP.

PFL was way better.

Nope. Barely lived up to the hype. Without Max and Potan finishes it would've been an abysmal failure.

Huh?

Without the finishes it got it would have been a failure

Uh... but... they happened???

What the fuck goes through your fucking heads when you guys say this retarded shit? "If these massively fucking awesome knockouts didn't happen I wouldn't have even liked the card!!"

Okay??? and if Machida didn't do a crane kick on Randy he would have still had all his fucking teeth. WHAT IS THE FUCKING POINT

Uh, no. I do believe that.

Every fight on that was good apart from 1, which was the only decision.

PFL had no fights as boring as Aljo/Kattar, and they were all more exciting than Renato/Turner.

Bo's fight wasn't that great.

Armen/Charles was mostly just LNP outside of a few hard GNP shots and some sub attempts.

Max and Gathje was good, but it needed to be more violence and less point fighting for a 5 round BMF fight. They got going at the end and it was great, but it needed more than that.

Yan and Zhang was fun for a couple rounds until they both ran out of puff and Zhang decided to just take the easiest route and LNP.

PFL was way better.
I still don't believe you believe that. But if you do, then we see things wildly differently. Arman/Charles was as good as MMA gets, between two of the highest level fighters you could ask for. If you are just looking for finishes alone, and that's all you care about, then there are a lot of regional scene shows you would think were better than UFC 300. Tell me one moment from the PFL card that made you feel even a fraction of what you should have felt at the end of that Max/Justin fight.

Aljo/Kattar was the only dud of the night.

Huh?

What the fuck goes through your fucking heads when you guys say this retarded shit? "If these massively fucking awesome knockouts didn't happen I wouldn't have even liked the card!!"

Okay??? and if Machida didn't do a crane kick on Randy he would have still had all his fucking teeth. WHAT IS THE FUCKING POINT
If most of the fights weren't fantastic, this card would have sucked.

Not to me at least, but it's up there. (Relatively) Weak main and co-main because as fantastic as the KO was, Hill was waiting to be exposed, and no wmma fight has ever given me goosebumps outside of Rousey-Holm and Joanna-Rose 1. It was awesome though, definitively up there among the greats.

I still don't believe you believe that. But if you do, then we see things wildly differently. Arman/Charles was as good as MMA gets, between two of the highest level fighters you could ask for. If you are just looking for finishes alone, and that's all you care about, then there are a lot of regional scene shows you would think were better than UFC 300. Tell me one moment from the PFL card that made you feel even a fraction of what you should have felt at the end of that Max/Justin fight.

Aljo/Kattar was the only dud of the night.

Yeh, I never said PFL was higher level fights. It wasn't. I'm just saying it was more exciting to me overall, as an event.

I wouldn't say Arman/Oli was as good as it gets for MMA. Wasn't that much exchanging on the feet. And Oli isn't some wizard off his back like the commentators were trying to make out. Most of his subs either start standing or from him on top. Gamrot/Armen was a way better fight to me that showed all of what MMA can be. This was just one dude holding down another that wasn't that great off his back.

And yeh, the end of Max/Justin was ball tingling good, but it was 1 insane 10 second moment in a 5 round fight that only really had a handful decent ones. I expected more out of that.

Andrade/Marina was fun when Andrade stopped standing right at Marina's range and letting her pot shot her, but then she did that once in the fight, and won with a bit of LNP.

And a lot of the finishes we did get sorta just happened with not a ton of buildup. Figgy and Cody weren't doing a whole lot on the feet, and then Figgy just gets him down and ends it.

Lopes KOing was great, but we hardly got a fight there. Even Alex and Hill had barely gotten going before a big shot lands and it was over. Hill got like 2 punches off. Not to say that Impa and Polizzi are incredible and exciting fighters, but that main event was way more fun than 300's.

To be clear, I'm not saying any of the fights were shit, other than the Aljo one. They were still exciting enough. I just don't think they were necessarily more exciting than what PFL served up.

Like, somehow PFL had a Mads Burnell fight and it was awesome. First time I've seen one of his fights that didn't bore me to death. Like, they're normally worse than Aljo/Kattar.

Just in recent memory UFC 295 was better for me but 300 was fantastic. Couple of duds though whereas 295 was all bangers.

It's up there, the fact that the last two awesome bouts made me accidently forget/look over a great fight like Oli/Arman while recapping it afterwards says a lot.
There's some prelims bouts that weren't the best if I had to nitpick(Rodriguez/Andrade or Kattar/Sterling), not bad just sort of meh fights(Sterling looked solid at featherweight tho).

A gripe would be I kinda wish Jiri/Rakic got that main card slot over Bo/Brundage, that was a way better fight with two top guys at LHW. That would of been a sick way to kick off the PPV portion.
That doesn't matter too much if you watched the whole card tho.

Overall I'd say this year has had a great start with the PPV's in 298, 299 and 300.

It's in the upper class. I don't feel like it's even debatable unless you are trying really hard to be a contrarian anti-UFC guy.

Like the guy that was arguing with me that last nights PFL card was superior.

For me, personally, it was. Every single fighter I wanted to see win ended up winning, I made a few dollars on some trash bets, and we got multiple legendary moments. Hard to top it.

Huh?

Calm down, thats not what I said. I actually said it barely lived up to the thanks to two incredible finishes by Max and Potan. Other than that what was truly memorable???

Plenty of good fights over all.

Oliviera vs Arman was great, but not amazing.
Jiri vs Rakic was great, but not amazing.
Lopes looked great!
After that, meh!

Max and Potan literally saved this event from being overhyped.

It's probably top 5 ever

But I still think 295 was better and was literally not even 6 months ago.

Recency bias holds so much sway on Sherdog. After all, this is the land of 'whoever just won is the GOAT and whoever just lost is a bum'.

Back