Weidman could not continue because of Gegard's knees. Pretended they were illegal. Deserved to lose.

Not sure about NY, but other states, they said the ref can overrule the doctor. Either way, if the ref, with no replay, said it was illegal, that ruling should stand.

Damn, a ref can overrule a doctor? That's some Escape From New York shit right der

The doctor said he wasn't fit to continue.

It was a doctor stoppage.

You do have a point, but I still think it's going to get overturned. He never once told the doctors that he couldn't continue. He was definitely stalling to take a breather though.

He was told he had five minutes. He was also 100% coherent and wanted to continue. The NSAC don't know what the hell they are doing as they are still green when it comes to handling MMA.

I could swear I've heard it on more than one occasion.

You do have a point, but I still think it's going to get overturned. He never once told the doctors that he couldn't continue. He was definitely stalling to take a breather though.

He was told he had five minutes. He was also 100% coherent and wanted to continue. The NSAC don't know what the hell they are doing as they are still green when it comes to handling MMA.

He wasn't gonna last. He tried to get the DQ win. You don't do that if you're sound.

Athletic Commissions never admit wrongdoing either. So that's a long shot.

Sherdog poster who's never been kneed in the head: "time to let my opinion known peasants"

He claimed that those LEGAL knees murdered him, keeled over like he couldn't continue because he was done and getting smashed by Gegard.

This is confirmed in the post fight interview where he was ranting about illegal knees and then was proven wrong on the replay.

I don't blame him for trying because he was finished at that point. I feel bad for him because he's a good guy but that was a legitimate TKO loss.
Tkotom- back with the program.

Hard for Weidman to tell if they were legal or not, the ref gave him time to recover so he assumed they were illegal.

Not Weidmans fault and he wasn't hurt enough for that to be a stoppage.

Ref made a judgement call and he was wrong, fight should have been restarted from the same position.

Gegard was finding his rhythm but it was a close fight, very unfortunate circumstances.....

Also Miragliotta went and saw a replay, when in New York there is a no replay rule....how does that work?

Weidman thought the knees were illegal no question, he had his hands down and he thought the ref made the right call there. He was taking his time to recover cause he was obviously hurt and tired but I think he was overdoing it. Where it backfired was they checked and the knees were in fact legal and they called it a TKO cause Weidman didnt respond that he could continue. If he would
have just got up the fight would have continued. I think Gegard was gonna finish him either way

I think thats what happened. Im gonna watch it again

This was my take on it as well. Chris could see momentum of the fight shifting with Gegard hurting him even before those knees landed and Chris was also getting tired. He did think the knees were illegal and wanted to use the full 5mins as opportunity to recover (from the knees and for gas tank to recover). The ref should have been clear to Chris the knee was legal and told him to continue or he'll lose by TKO.

Pretended like he couldn't continue initially until he was notified by Miragliotta that they were legal.

He was told by Miragliotta he could take 5 minutes then he was notified that the knees were legal. Stop making shit up.

The ref stopped the fight. Everybody thought it was illigal. I still don't know whether it was or not.

CW was hoping that he would get the match. But if they continued, CW was in the bad shape to fight anyway. He seems to be hurted by those knees.

Anyway, I don't blame him for trying to win by that hit.

He was told by Miragliotta he could take 5 minutes then he was notified that the knees were legal. Stop making shit up.

What the actual shit are oyu talking about?

He was still saying the knee was illegal after the fight. He yelled it into the mic. He wanted out.

What the actual shit are oyu talking about?

He was still saying the knee was illegal after the fight. He yelled it into the mic. He wanted out.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe he actually thought they were illegal? And once he was told that they were legal he wanted to fight again but they denied him that. This is not on Weidman.

Yeah, there's no question that Mousasi was winning the 2nd round ... at all.

Mousasi's grappling in this fight was phenomenal, despite not being able to stop the takedown.
Very few if any got mounted by Chris, and managed to get out.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe he actually thought they were illegal? And once he was told that they were legal he wanted to fight again but they denied him that. This is not on Weidman.

He was either hurt - in which case he lost by TKO ......OR he was acting hurt because he thought they were illegal and that's his fault for looking for a DQ win.

He was either hurt - in which case he lost by TKO ......OR he was acting hurt because he thought they were illegal and that's his fault for looking for a DQ win.

He was hurt but the fight should have continued when they saw the knees were legal. The ref stopped the action to begin with - Weidman didn't.

Nothing gets overturned unless its for pissing hot

Cote got hit in the groin, and came back 10 seconds later. Weidman wasn't really hurt or rocked, he wanted to take a break by milking the foul and he paid the price for it.

Cote got hit in the groin, and came back 10 seconds later. Weidman wasn't really hurt or rocked, he wanted to take a break by milking the foul and he paid the price for it.
Ref stopped the fight,not Weidman. When he was told he can take 5 minutes,of course he will.

Back