Weidman vs Mousasi is the matchup im wanting for the most at UFC 210.

I am excited for this matchup because I truly believe Weidman is going to beat Moose.

I am definitely more confident with this matchup for The Chris than I was with Luke or Romero.

Yea I like it because I'll get to see where Chris is at. He has not looked great since USADA but I've been reluctant to blame USADA cause he seems to have excuses ready. If he doesn't dominate Moose with wrestling though then I definitely think USADA messed with his performance.

Weidman is going to get boxed the fuck up in this fight. Bad matchup for him.

I won't be surprised if my boy takes him down at will and wins a decision.

Yea I like it because I'll get to see where Chris is at. He has not looked great since USADA but I've been reluctant to blame USADA cause he seems to have excuses ready. If he doesn't dominate Moose with wrestling though then I definitely think USADA messed with his performance.

Pre-USADA Weidman struggled taking down multiple fighters. He is a great fighter but he lacks explosiveness and even pre-USADA Weidman lacked in explosiveness and his cardio has always been questionable to me, pre or post USADA.

He looks the exact same to me pre and post USADA. I really don't see what people are claiming about Weidman being affected by USADA. I feel like it takes away from Rockhold and Romero's victories, as well (and I hate both of them). He fought 2 really good fighters and made some mistakes and paid for those mistakes dearly.

He made mistakes against other guys too even before USADA but those guys didn't capitalize.

@Toco should come tell me how salty I am about Romero, especially in this post.

Last edited:
USADA has nothing to do with Weidman's losses. He fought competitive fights against 2 elites who were seen as hard fights going in.

Mousasi is an easier match-up than Yoel or Luke since his grappling was pretty close to Lyoto's, he's not a power striker and he's not that good at getting up from the bottom. But he's a very skilled striker with pretty good TDD and good sweeps off his back, which to me means momentum changes and those make for a good scrap.

The Moose will cook his Goose

...and then salute other pigeons.

I feel like this is a make it or brake it fight for both guys because the loser because will'll be seen as a fighter who's not capable of beating the top guys and will be nearly impossible for him to get a title shot anymore.

But good fight! It's the most interesting of the card to me as well.

Interesting fight for sure. I'd be very surprised to see a finish. As a Weidman fan I think this is a good fight to get him back on track.

I laugh at these posters acting as if Moussasi is gonna walk thru Weidman like a hot knife through butter. I'm not saying that Moose can't win, but damn, some of y'all act as if Weidman turned into CB Dolloway or something.

Anyone that thinks Weidman isn't elite has no clue what they are watching when MMA comes on.

Precisely. Weidman is one of the best fighters on the roster IMO. He's just run into a few guys who have styles to beat him. I still would love to see him and Rockhold go at it again, I think Yoel beats him almost every time though.

This is another really interesting fight as Chris has power and a solid stand-up game. He's cracked chins that haven't been cracked before, but, Mousasi is really really good at not getting hit clean. He's also got the better stand-up of the two and improved TDD. Chris has to get the fight to the floor with him on top to win this fight I think.

I can see it going all sorts of ways, KO/TKO by either, Gegard by decision via landing jabs and better punching combos in an ultimately sort of uneventful fight, or Chris winning by decision by using stand-up to set up takedowns and winning a sort of uneventful fight as well.

Either way, I'm looking forward to this

I hope he knocks out weidman and then makes a pro immigration post fight speech to trigger the conservatives lol

has further evolved his ground game and has bolstered his td defense ..

Based on what? Until he fights Weidman, Romero, Rockhold or Jacare, I wouldn't come to any conclusions about his TDD or ground game improving.

weidman ran into an IV ban and ran out of washed up brazilians

I cant wait for this fight to go down !

People are overlooking Weidman since he got brutally kneed to a oblivion by Romero a man who can knock the lights out of a freaking elephant (lol)
That being said in the mw division its just hard all of the top 5 could get the W against each other all of them have a certain set of skills that could finish each other

as a long time moos fan I want him to get the w maybe even a FINISH :)

But I feel like all of the sudden people are overrating moos a little not to long ago it seemed like I was one of the few mousasi fans on here ..now after some wins everyone is one the fan-wagon

Weidman is a great wrestler and his stand up is not that BAD if he uses a good game-plan he could grind out the w or maybe even sneek in a high kick and get the ko tko

Mousasi is a experienced fighter his stats should tell you enough but in my opinion his ufc run has been a little disappointing (yeah I know he toke on fights he should have refused fought injured ectra)but still the fights that where important he lost ..

so i wont count out Weidman like a lot of people are doing right now

War Moose! he could be the champ. I like his chances against Bisping, Anderson and even Romero if he somehow avoid takedowns in a 5 rounder.

War Moose! he could be the champ. I like his chances against Bisping, Anderson and even Romero if he somehow avoid takedowns in a 5 rounder.

Anderson is tricky for moos ...spiders kicks come out of no where and moosmaster has the tendency to come in with a kind of boxers approach witch leaves him open for kicks :(

Romero is Physically to strong that combined with his wrestling makes for a real hard fight
Moos struggled with king mo when the fight got to the ground ..imagine what a romero could do

In the mw top 5 its all about who matches up against who in a way all of those 5 have something to beat each other

Back