Weight loss

<TheWire1>

Now that I think about it I've never seen a hairy set of bingo wings...

<mma4>

Ever got to the point where your body takes over? My tummy is tummy okay doing more than should be but legs and arms are like straws.

Only realised today, and it isn't bad but my arms are starting to grow fluff. It's a natural reaction for protection. Not that I really care what y'all think whether I was Bigfoot but it is really fluff, it's interesting knowing what's happening and why.

Yeah. I got a dad gut (you could see in my IG post with the kids, lol). Luckily for me my body genetics favors a more lean physique. Been to the gym for like a few weeks and my tummy's already pretty flat.

Can't relate to the hair though, lol. My upper half doesn't really grow body hair like that. It's weird.

The lowest I ever weighed was 130lbs and I'm 5'10". Definitely not that anymore. lol

How old were you? I was the same right out of high school. At 45 pounds heavier, it sounds fuckin' insane now when I think about it.

How old were you? I was the same right out of high school. At 45 pounds heavier, it sounds fuckin' insane now when I think about it.

I was that weight at the age 23 I believe. Never again, only if I get really sick or something.

Where your body loses weight (and stores it) is almost entirely a function of genetics. All the ads/products that show people targeting their core for a six pack is nothing but snake oil/smoke and mirrors.

There is also a gender based component to fat storage as well. Woman (on average) tend to hold weight in their lower body (thighs and buttox in particular), while men develop more of a pear shape with weight being concentrated through the mid section.

When you say that your arms are beginning to grow fluff, as your referring to fat, or body hair? The former is explained by the above (genetics.... perhaps lack of muscle tone due to minimal resistance training). As for body hair, that can be a bit more complicated - the first question would be: Did you always grow hair in these areas? Are your prone to hair growth on the body overall? If the answer is no, then in all likelihood, your hormone levels are out of whack. Unexpected hair growth (for both men and woman) tend to be the result of excessively high androgen levels - this is exacerbated for people who use steroids. I shave my upper body twice a week, but the hair on the top of my head seems to be losing its battle with baldness.

I'm going to assume that your not on steroids, and would guess that caloric restriction/deficit has sent your endocrine system for a loop. Ask your doctor for blood work, and check your thyroid, estrogen, prolactin and testosterone levels in particular. Progesterone (steroid, but not in an anabolic sense) can also cause unexpected hair growth, particularly if it is being topically applied.

Probably nothing to worry about, but that's my 2 cents as an armchair medical doctor.
Great post.

I will also add that she can't blame getting old and metabolism to gaining weight since it has been proven that our BMR does not slow down until the age of 60.. and ever after that is like 0.7% per year.

People just get lazier over time.

I'm 35/45lbs heavier now than when finished highschool. And I'm 140/145lbs with a six pack.

All I remember about being 105lbs is that I never got tired doing kickboxing or playing soccer. I should have been a marathon runner or something like that. It took so little oxygen and nutrients to keep my body running back then lol.

Yep I was 40 and 285 and on high blood pressure pills..we not yet but when doctor said he wanted me on them I changed my habits. Walked every day at first, stopped drinking (drank everyday AS PART OF MY JOB schmoozing type job) and got hard again 220 lbs. No meds since 12 years later... now I'm 52 and thinking of lifting too because I notice strength going.

weight loss is all about motivation. if you're really motivated, you can lose it. has to be a lifestyle change, not just a spur of the moment thing. find ways to have to be active. stop driving to work, and if possible, take public transportation. make it a part of your everyday life.

weight loss is all about motivation. if you're really motivated, you can lose it. has to be a lifestyle change, not just a spur of the moment thing. find ways to have to be active. stop driving to work, and if possible, take public transportation. make it a part of your everyday life.

It's funny how everyone lined up for experimental vaccine CDC recommend..but doesnt do the 150minutes of exercise a week they recommend for years now.

It's funny how everyone lined up for experimental vaccine CDC recommend..but doesnt do the 150minutes of exercise a week they recommend for years now.

people aren't dumb. we all know we need to stay active. no matter who you are. if you choose to not exercise, that's your own damn fault.

I'm 35/45lbs heavier now than when finished highschool. And I'm 140/145lbs with a six pack.

All I remember about being 105lbs is that I never got tired doing kickboxing or playing soccer. I should have been a marathon runner or something like that. It took so little oxygen and nutrients to keep my body running back then lol.

Cot damn, how tall are you?

And how can you say in your other post that age doesn't have a bearing on your weight? Before 25 it was almost impossible for me to put on any sort of weight, my body would just shed it off. Now I require some form of exercise to maintain fit proportions.

While I was certainly no fan of the vaccine, this makes sense. It is easier to commit to a one (or few times annually) thing - especially when there are severe consequences for non-compliance - than it is to commit to working out several hours per week.

Cot damn, how tall are you?

And how can you say in your other post that age doesn't have a bearing on your weight? Before 25 it was almost impossible for me to put on any sort of weight, my body would just shed it off. Now I require some form of exercise to maintain fit proportions.
I'm 1,74mts tall.. about 5'8.5.

I'm 1,74mts tall.. about 5'8.5.

The amount of people who claim to have a metabolic disorder, vs. those that actually do is like a million to one.

Almost every overweight person I know says one of two things:
1) My metabolism has slowed once I hit 30
2) I have a thyroid problem which causes me to gain weight.

They will always claim to eat really healthy and exercise, but just can't keep the lbs off. If I had to guess, only 0.01% of those people actually have metabolic problems beyond their control. A thyroid that is actually fucked up will almost always require medication, as having too slow/too fast a thyroid causes causes a hell of alot more problems than just a person's body weight.

In my opinion, the average person struggles to quantify how many calories they take in, and as a result, will severely underestimate just how much they are eating. The two biggest problems that I see are that people don't count calories from beverages, and that people don't understand how much is in a serving size, i.e. "A bowl of cereal is only 120 calories with milk!"..... no, a 100g serving of cereal is 120 calories, a large bowl is probably closer to 500 calories".

I could talk about this topic for hours - I have experimented on myself with every diet, drug and supplement under the sun over the past 20 years, and there were times where I was as light as 115lbs (when I first started weight training at 16), and as heavy as 297lbs (off season weight when I used to compete in bodybuilding).

Yeah. I got a dad gut (you could see in my IG post with the kids, lol). Luckily for me my body genetics favors a more lean physique. Been to the gym for like a few weeks and my tummy's already pretty flat.

Can't relate to the hair though, lol. My upper half doesn't really grow body hair like that. It's weird.
I mean it isn't like dog hair, I've just noticed it in a certain light that it's more than it was 6 months ago. For a dark haired person I had pretty much none. Our bodies are clever looking after ourselves adjustment wise.

The amount of people who claim to have a metabolic disorder, vs. those that actually do is like a million to one.

Almost every overweight person I know says one of two things:
1) My metabolism has slowed once I hit 30
2) I have a thyroid problem which causes me to gain weight.

They will always claim to eat really healthy and exercise, but just can't keep the lbs off. If I had to guess, only 0.01% of those people actually have metabolic problems beyond their control. A thyroid that is actually fucked up will almost always require medication, as having too slow/too fast a thyroid causes causes a hell of alot more problems than just a person's body weight.

In my opinion, the average person struggles to quantify how many calories they take in, and as a result, will severely underestimate just how much they are eating. The two biggest problems that I see are that people don't count calories from beverages, and that people don't understand how much is in a serving size, i.e. "A bowl of cereal is only 120 calories with milk!"..... no, a 100g serving of cereal is 120 calories, a large bowl is probably closer to 500 calories".

I could talk about this topic for hours - I have experimented on myself with every diet, drug and supplement under the sun over the past 20 years, and there were times where I was as light as 115lbs (when I first started weight training at 16), and as heavy as 297lbs (off season weight when I used to compete in bodybuilding).
Lol, when I was 65lbs overweight I never made an excuse. I loved cooking and loved eating and wasn't burning off the calories I was eating. Simple logic.

Less than 8 decreases brain function. Repeatedly getting less than 6 REALLY decreases brain function.
i suppose it depends on the person, Jay Leno says he sleeps five hours, he's never had a problem being alert. Everyone is different and I think it also depends on what you do for work, I used to know older people who said they didn't sleep much, but they also didn't do much, they just ran on sort of a pilot light. Still impressive because they were in their 70's but it's not like they had demanding lives at that point.

Diet and exercise are super important, especially as you enter the latter stages of life.

When we are young, we can get away with poor diet, lack of exercise and sleep deprivation much better. Then again, our regenerative functions are a lot better, the body produces more testosterone, metabolism is higher, immune system better, etc.

So the older we get, the more we have to do to strengthen our mind and body. Better diet, more exercise, less stress, more rest. Fundamentals.

Ignore those and you will most certainly pay.
some people say people like Margeret Thatcher and Reagan who slept a little, both had huge cognitive declines, some were saying that as pertains to Trump who doesn't sleep much.

We're in a society that glamourizes not sleeping though, and work. We're not taught to respect our limits and the consequence is, a lot of extra health problems and early deaths.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back