Well, I done don got Covid

Day 6 - Other than fatigue I think that’s it done.

No other prominent side effects from Covid that I can tell - other than no taste and no smell.

Sleeping has been difficult throughout this whole process averaging 3 hours a night, but last night got a full 8 hours.

Taking a week (5 days) off work so I don’t rush back and have a detrimental effect on recovery, but I think that’s it guys.

Big thing to take out of this is, don’t panic! My wife did and ended up in hospital whereas I kept calm, checked all the vitals and managed to get through it with paracetamol and a week in bed (I know everyone is different, this is just from my own experience).

I guess I got lucky, my wife was still battling a host of side effects 4 weeks in.

If I had to compare, the immediate effects of the flu are worse than Covid. But Covid certainly hangs around longer.

Thanks for all the support throughout Sherbros, it’s much appreciated.
How much longer do you have on your quarantine? Glad you're over the worst of it.

@Phlog :(
I hope you feel better soon, that sounds rough as.

How much longer do you have on your quarantine? Glad you're over the worst of it.

@Phlog :(
I hope you feel better soon, that sounds rough as.
10 days for quarantine in the U.K. so 4 more days.

I am feeling up to 85% today and taste and smell are already coming back.

I’m just fatigued now but I’m sure that will pass this weekend so I can get back to working from home again starting Monday.

The worst part is now having to still stay in the bedroom away from my family until then.

I did another test this morning which shows I am still positive so still contagious but feeling almost back to normal.

Last edited:
Glad you're doing well. Keep on riding that road to recovery.

@ClubFoot
this is a good clear and USEFUL thread about the details of what happens in a typical COVID19 case and personally i find it quite instructive.

thanks for taking the time on this man. Glad you gonna be ok.
Thanks for that, that’s what I was aiming for.

I’m also very glad the mods didn’t move this to the War Room so for those Mods who have popped in, thank you for that.

I think it's day 4/5

Brain fog was worst day 2/3, cough is worse lungs at 70%, couldn't sleep much cos of lower back pain, I woke up 4 times, once for an hour. Random pains, at this point I think lack of sleep is the worst part. Oh that and my mouth tasted like arse this morning, exactly.

Luckily wife is not quite as ill, but she's a bit behind me, yesterday she was out of it and I had to do family lunch, dinner and run the home schooling. Was about as hard as any illness gets IME.

Speaking of which, this is the worst illness I've ever had. Flu was tough as a kid, that I can't judge cos I was 8 and I was mostly upset I just got a book for my birthday while sick. My parents didn't even move the TV into my room, not like they watched it.

I've been double vaccinated, and I don't want to get into any politics about it, maybe it did nothing. But if it did, fuck me, if I hadn't got it I'd be in hospital struggling to breathe right now. My lungs ain't great, mild sports asthma, but I've read that's not a risk factor. Just having a taste of it scared the shit out of me.

I think it's day 4/5

Brain fog was worst day 2/3, cough is worse lungs at 70%, couldn't sleep much cos of lower back pain, I woke up 4 times, once for an hour. Random pains, at this point I think lack of sleep is the worst part. Oh that and my mouth tasted like arse this morning, exactly.

Luckily wife is not quite as ill, but she's a bit behind me, yesterday she was out of it and I had to do family lunch, dinner and run the home schooling. Was about as hard as any illness gets IME.

Speaking of which, this is the worst illness I've ever had. Flu was tough as a kid, that I can't judge cos I was 8 and I was mostly upset I just got a book for my birthday while sick. My parents didn't even move the TV into my room, not like they watched it.

I've been double vaccinated, and I don't want to get into any politics about it, maybe it did nothing. But if it did, fuck me, if I hadn't got it I'd be in hospital struggling to breathe right now. My lungs ain't great, mild sports asthma, but I've read that's not a risk factor. Just having a taste of it scared the shit out of me.

Did you have any other contributing health factors?

Did you have any other contributing health factors?

No, I'm a manual worker, I've done skateboarding in youth, martial arts my whole life, football and lifting the last 8 yrs. My resting heart rate is mid 50s during the day, blood pressure is all good. No conditions to speak of. My BMI says I'm obese but that's cos I'm 6'6" 250 odd lbs, although I have lost some mass recently during the season.

My wife's got a bunch of pre existing conditions and has been hit less by it.

No, I'm a manual worker, I've done skateboarding in youth, martial arts my whole life, football and lifting the last 8 yrs. My resting heart rate is mid 50s during the day, blood pressure is all good. No conditions to speak of. My BMI says I'm obese but that's cos I'm 6'6" 250 odd lbs, although I have lost some mass recently during the season.

My wife's got a bunch of pre existing conditions and has been hit less by it.

No one would have picked you to have done it this tough then.
Hope you kick it soon mate.

No one would have picked you to have done it this tough then.
Hope you kick it soon mate.

Just the luck of the draw. I did just remember I have IBS since I had antibiotics after being stung In The eye by bee 2yrs ago, but that's been slowly improving. Might have an effect tho!

Day 8?

Didn't soak the sheets last night, only woke up a few times.

Smell completely went a few days ago, like a switch. Appetite is gone and it's hard to eat, I'm going to be a shadow of myself after this.

Coughing up phlegm with the occasional blood in it.

Random sharp pains, general dull ache in spine, brain fog, emotional.

Out of breath up stairs, 2 nights ago I was this close to calling hospital about breathing, waking up unable to chill, sleeping on front helped me out and the lungs haven't been that bad since.

It comes in waves. I'll be just feeling shit, then fever will come and I'll be shivering like a something shivering.

I feel absolutely useless, my off season is fucked, airline is refusing to refund family holiday, not earning and stretched finances are screwed. Luckily my wife earns enough.

I just don't seem to be getting better. Or at least it's 2 steps forwards 1.98 steps backwards. My heart goes out to all those without the family and safety nets available to me.

Just the luck of the draw. I did just remember I have IBS since I had antibiotics after being stung In The eye by bee 2yrs ago, but that's been slowly improving. Might have an effect tho!
...Am I alone in thinking that this small point about being stung by a bee in the eye is terrifying?

I hope it was only about 1% as bad as I think it sounds.

Glad you are doing better and expect to be back to work today.

An interesting article I read this morning on aspirin helping tp prevent blood clots, an issue with COVID.

Is Aspirin the New Horse Dewormer?

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2021/10/is_aspirin_the_new_horse_dewormer.html

excerpt:

Aspirin is one of those drugs that has been around forever. It is commonly used as a pain reliever, anti-inflammatory, and as a blood thinner. Surprisingly it may also have benefit in treating COVID.

A paper in Anesthesia and Analgesia published last spring titled, “Aspirin use is associated with decreased mechanical ventilation, intensive care unit admission, and in-hospital mortality in hospitalized patients with coronavirus disease 2019.”.....

This was a retrospective, observational study of adult patients admitted to multiple hospitals in the U.S. between March and July 2020, in the early days of COVID. The primary outcome addressed by the researchers from George Washington University was the need for mechanical ventilation, which then, and still now, carries an extremely high chance of never leaving the ICU alive.

This was not a gold standard randomized prospective clinical trial. That would not be feasible in this situation since study patients were already hospitalized and critically ill. Remember in the early days, one needed to be extremely ill before even being admitted to the hospital rather than being sent home until sick enough to return and go straight to the ICU.

But the results were impressive. As reported last week by the Jerusalem Post,

...Am I alone in thinking that this small point about being stung by a bee in the eye is terrifying?

I hope it was only about 1% as bad as I think it sounds.

I was working on a wall 3 stories up on a ladder, fucker flew up my nose, I blew it out and it immediately stung me in the eye, I fell/slid down the ladder, flower bed broke my fall.

Eye got infected, they gave me 4 times the adult dose of antibiotics because the eye is basically an exposed pet of the brain.

It was about as unpleasant as you imagine removing stinger from eyeball. I felt so betrayed by the bee.

Day 8?

Smell completely went a few days ago, like a switch. Appetite is gone and it's hard to eat, I'm going to be a shadow of myself after this.

Out of breath up stairs, 2 nights ago I was this close to calling hospital about breathing, waking up unable to chill, sleeping on front helped me out and the lungs haven't been that bad since.

It comes in waves. I'll be just feeling shit, then fever will come and I'll be shivering like a something shivering.

I feel absolutely useless, my off season is fucked, airline is refusing to refund family holiday, not earning and stretched finances are screwed. Luckily my wife earns enough.

I just don't seem to be getting better. Or at least it's 2 steps forwards 1.98 steps backwards. My heart goes out to all those without the family and safety nets available to me.
Jesus. Where were you supposed to be going? Isn't coughing up any amount of blood reason enough to call the semi-emergency line to see what they think. So sorry, what a miserable time.

Day 8?

took me about 2 weeks to get back to normal and I had inferring brain fog

Glad you are doing better and expect to be back to work today.

An interesting article I read this morning on aspirin helping tp prevent blood clots, an issue with COVID.

Is Aspirin the New Horse Dewormer?

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2021/10/is_aspirin_the_new_horse_dewormer.html

excerpt:

Aspirin is one of those drugs that has been around forever. It is commonly used as a pain reliever, anti-inflammatory, and as a blood thinner. Surprisingly it may also have benefit in treating COVID.

A paper in Anesthesia and Analgesia published last spring titled, “Aspirin use is associated with decreased mechanical ventilation, intensive care unit admission, and in-hospital mortality in hospitalized patients with coronavirus disease 2019.”.....

This was a retrospective, observational study of adult patients admitted to multiple hospitals in the U.S. between March and July 2020, in the early days of COVID. The primary outcome addressed by the researchers from George Washington University was the need for mechanical ventilation, which then, and still now, carries an extremely high chance of never leaving the ICU alive.

This was not a gold standard randomized prospective clinical trial. That would not be feasible in this situation since study patients were already hospitalized and critically ill. Remember in the early days, one needed to be extremely ill before even being admitted to the hospital rather than being sent home until sick enough to return and go straight to the ICU.

But the results were impressive. As reported last week by the Jerusalem Post,

Aspirin was once the miracle drug. There was an old joke that if you called a doctor when you were sick at night, the standard reply was to take two aspirin and call back in the morning. Aspirin was used to treat pain, fever, swelling, headaches and just about any ailment. Like many things, the more it is used, the more it is studied and good and bad properties are discovered. It was determined to cause or exacerbate stomach and intestinal ulcers leading to more pain and more aspirin usage. For the past 20 years, low dose daily aspirin was prescribed to people with heart disease or internal prosthetic devices to prevent blood clots. Now there are questions as to the efficacy and the risks posed.

Like everything, it takes time to figure out exactly what mechanisms are at work in a new disease and what the best method of treatment might be. Heart disease and cancers have been studied for many years and many different theories put forth. In the end, it might be our genetic makeup that has the most influence.

Back