Were you impressed by Khamzat Chimaev performance?

Were you impressed by Khamzat Chimaev performance?

• Total voters
Unimpressed. Nice to see him shut the fuck up about how great he is for once in the post-fight though. That was impressive.

Wasn't close to a title shot performance.

After this fight I wouldn't favor him over someone like Whittaker. Specially in a five round main event.

And that is what I think should be his next fight, a fice rounder main event against Whittaker or Vetori.

He rode a champion fighter like a donkey for five minutes, yes I was inpressed

Impressed with his wrestling but disappointed with his striking. Usman was out striking him . I did not see that " smash " intensity from Chimaev. He was too cautious. I guess the Burns fight made him that way.

Reactions: mkt
I'm his biggest fan, his wrestling takes a lot of energy, he does not have the cardio to use it and his striking is not good.
1649020251-sourire2-2.png

Still, war Goatmaev !
Maybe with usada out he can take some advice from dillashaw on that

If it is true Khamzat broke his hand in the first round- this was still a solid performance by him against arguably the greatest WW of all time. Khamzat was also training for Costa for the last few months, and was training for a much different fighter than Usman. Respect for both fighters on stepping up on short notice.

*Puts on wrestling clinic against the person with the best TDD in all of UFC history*

Sherdog response: he was exposed/overrated

lol this place is a fucking joke. Get the next round of pre-emptive tears ready now boys, because winning the undisputed title is next.
The best TDD in all of UFC history couldn't stop a Leon Edwards trip?

You're going a little overboard. Strickland straight up doesn't get taken down at MW, you're crazy if you don't think he'll be a serious test for Khamzat.

Made Usman look like a bum in the 1st. Like anyone has ever done that. " Not impressed."

So cool
Edwards in his 1st fight also made Usman look bad.

And that wasn't an Usman 10 days off the couch either.

No, he was terrified to strike and his cardio really is bad.

The best TDD in all of UFC history couldn't stop a Leon Edwards trip?

You're going a little overboard. Strickland straight up doesn't get taken down at MW, you're crazy if you don't think he'll be a serious test for Khamzat.
I think he is a plenty serious test for Khamzat, yes. I'm stoked to see it.

But yes, it was actually advertised in the walkouts to the fight in case you missed it. Kamaru had the best statistical TDD in UFC history heading into the cage (97.4%) and he had it against top fighters/grapplers like Colby, Demian, Tyron, etc.

If it is true Khamzat broke his hand in the first round

It simply means that he has weak bones in addition to struggling against a short notice declining fighter coming from a lower weight class.

He's also much younger than Usman.

He's a great fighter, but definitely not as great as his hype. Usman (like Burns) were just that good to put his hype in check.

Khamzat is very exciting,very talented,and considering how little experience he has,he's beating grizzled vets.

We do see though that he is less effective as the fight goes on,but hes also good enough of a fighter to persevere through that anyway. He will keep throwing hands when hes tired and doesnt get discouraged.

I think he is a plenty serious test for Khamzat, yes. I'm stoked to see it.

But yes, it was actually advertised in the walkouts to the fight in case you missed it. Kamaru had the best statistical TDD in UFC history heading into the cage (97.4%) and he had it against top fighters/grapplers like Colby, Demian, Tyron, etc.
Be real man. Stats don't always tell reality.

Old man Tyron barely used his wrestling and Demian was never that good at takedowns. Fair play on Colby though - nobody defends Colby's wrestling except Usman.

I don't classify his TDD in the same tier as someone like prime Aldo.

Much more impressed with Usman, he wins that fight at WW and would've likely won tonight if it was 5 rounds or if he even had a few weeks more to prepare.

Back