• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Were you impressed by Khamzat Chimaev performance?

Were you impressed by Khamzat Chimaev performance?

• Total voters
He's similar to Conor. He has some legit deadly skills, but will never have the cardio to allow him to be a dominant fighter.

Nobody cares... if there's an injury during a fight, it's his own problem, whether it's true or not.

Ciryl Gane broke his hand (not speculation, certified) against Tuivasa and still won by KO.
Why are you responding to me like I care

If Strickland can survive a round or two I think he would beat chimaev, Dricus I don’t think would need to, cause khamzat doesn’t move that big head of his, lay up for the brutish power of DDP

Was expecting better cardio after the first

I think he overtrains or covid really fucked his lungs up
I just don’t believe that Covid story
Whatever
He has major holes in his striking game- Burns and Usman both lit him up
DDP would rejoin his life
I think Bobby would too

he’s def not ready to a title shot

*Puts on wrestling clinic against the person with the best TDD in all of UFC history*

Sherdog response: he was exposed/overrated

lol this place is a fucking joke. Get the next round of pre-emptive tears ready now boys, because winning the undisputed title is next.
No way he’s ready for a title shot
Then again, I’m not a big Strickland fan, I think that’s a bad match for Sean

I was impressed how he outwrestled and outgrappled Usman.
It was a very good win, but he doesn't deserve the shot over Dricus imo.

Oh man. There has never been a fighter who isn’t beatable. He chose to fight a war against burns.

Name any fighter who has ever lived and you can say the same thing.
Which champiomntoday is unbeatable ? Or any ever?
Gsp

Matt Hughes ran through him and he struggled against a fat bj penn. Arguably lost against Hendricks and tapped to strikes against Serra. He couldn’t even finish hardy with him on his back the entire fight.
You can do this with anybody. As everyone is beatable and when you face top competition consistently you’re going to have some wars and losses.
all fighters have been through this.

People need to realize he was fighting usman. Not some can they picked up at the local bar.

That was really impressive. Considering how he took usman down at will. A guy who probably has the best TDD in ufc history prior to this fight.

Nobody stands a chance in middleweight if khamzat can take down someone like usman at will. What khamzat needs to do is improve his striking.

what’s his record? 50-0

the guy I quoted said he wasn’t impressed and “ burns already showed that he was beatable”
Like the standard is flawless victories for fighters.
all of those guys showed that Floyd is beatable.

MW has some of the weakest wrestling out there, and it's been like this in a while. It's telling when a guy with no technique like Vettori prob has the best takedowns in the top 10.

Usman 30-26'd Strickland with ease, and now Khamzat got 3 td's on a guy that was previously taken down once, in a flash takedown that didn't amount to anything, in his entire UFC career of 16+ fights facing the best wrestlers at WW.

One of Kamzat's td's led to a 10-8, and the last one that he managed off a leg grab with a bum wrist led to a half round of control.

It's like if GSP had fought Khabib and wrestlefucked him and ppl would be like "pfftt yeah, but Khabib is much smaller and look how tired GSP is" lmao.

Khamzat will have no trouble with the rest of the division. Maybe a guy like Whittaker can give him issues if he can go back to his previous form, but after that DDP he's clearly slowing down as well.

He needs to fit his ass back in at MW. he's nothing spectacular at MW. I expected him to have more energy and not gas at MW so easy like he did in the burns fight at WW.

Dricus, Whittaker, Izzy, Strickland, Cannonier would probably all beat him based on what i have seen here today. Maybe I'm over-reacting but if you surivive his round 1 blitz, You have a good chance of beating if him if you can control the pace.

I just don’t believe that Covid story
Whatever
He has major holes in his striking game- Burns and Usman both lit him up
DDP would rejoin his life
I think Bobby would too

he’s def not ready to a title shot

His striking isn't that bad

Usman & Burns are two killers and even then Khamzat rallied in the later rounds

He just seems so tired so fast in the fight. I really think these 6 months camps are hurting him more than helping me

Back