Social West End play starring Kit Harington and its plan for controversial 'black-only' nights 'concerning' and potentially 'wrong and divisive'

White Whale

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score

Downing Street
has said the idea of blacks-only audiences for some nights of a West End theatrical production is 'wrong and divisive'.

Slave Play at the Noel Coward Theatre, which features Game of Thrones star Kit Harington among the cast, will have two performances aimed at an 'all-black-identifying audience' that is 'free from the white gaze'.

Organisers of Black Out shows say they do not 'prevent or preclude anyone' from attending and 'nobody' has been turned away in the past.

Producers of the show said they would be 'carefully considering' holding the evenings on July 17 and September 17 as part of its 13-week run in London this summer.

Defending the decision, playwright Jeremy O Harris had claimed the nights would allow black theatregoers 'to feel safe with a lot of other black people in a place where they often do not feel safe'.

Well the left will defend and praise this as usual. Hating whites is mainstream thanks to liberals and progressives.

that's how you make publicity for possibly a shitty play.
creating identity-based controversy is pretty much the only way ultra-mediocre people in entertainment know to get ahead these days.

also, In before:

-why do you care??? I AM HERE TO SAY I DON'T CARE!
-racist!
-something about conservatives
-you guys are obsessed!
-AHAHAA YOURE UPSET YOURE HAVING A MELTDOWN YOU'RE HYPERVENTILATING!
- various laugh emojis

Last edited:
creating identity-based controversy is pretty much the only way ultra-mediocre people in entertainment know to get ahead these days.

also, In before:

-racist!
-you guys are obsessed!
- various laugh emojis
Yea, this is quite cheap and bizarre. I could also imagine the guy is trolling given his quite high established position in theatre scene and is doing this just to be edgy and controversial.

Yea, this is quite cheap and bizarre. I could also imagine the guy is trolling given his quite high established position in theatre scene and is doing this just to be edgy and controversial.
i'm trying to think of safer places for theater loving black people than alongside other theater loving people.

Yea, it’s the most liberal and open crowd there is basically. Especially in fucking multi-cultural metropolitan city of London.

It’s not like Hoyerswerda in east Germany or Radom or some shit.
Why you think that east germany isn't mulitcurtular? Visit Berlin and then....you will have real life experience.

Sounds like inclusive, diverse and equity in full effect. Society is so advance, people in the future will be jealous at this along with men breastfeeding

Jesus Christ.

Imagine being a white person at a black out event. First of all, you ain’t hearing a fucking thing spoken by the actors on stage.

But, this being a play called “Slave Play” and kind of a horror-esque title, I can guarantee the large, black woman behind you gonna be yellin “no baby, don’t go in there! This show called “slave play” n they gonna catch yo ass.”

i'm trying to think of safer places for theater loving black people than alongside other theater loving people.

Probably a Juneteenth celebration would be lots of fun, festivities, and safe spaces.

also, In before:

-racist!
-you guys are obsessed!
- various laugh emojis
And the cherry on top:

<Dany07>

I laugh every time.

That's for white liberals.

No, the white liberals are the ones that would see the play several times to show support for being excluded some nights to make sure they make up for any losses. It’s a privilege, in fact, it’s white privilege to have such an effect on your environment that some areas need to be off limits to you.

Back