Social What are all your jobs

How you getting on at the moment?

Aside from my mental health making things harder than they should be, actually pretty damn good.

Job is fine, no real stress aside from what I make in my own head, easy enough and I work alone for the most part.

I'm also able to save a grand a month after expenses, which is a huge plus as I'm looking to buy my first property soon. It's really opened the floodgates for good things, and I'll be travelling a lot more once I get that first home.

How's things?

kitty cat wrangler. I just returned from rounding up the family cats.

By garbage do you mean leachate water runoff etc?

Or literally just a garbage topic?

No, that is for actual scientists like chemists and engineers (although I did do a project with Environment Canada measuring landfill leachate contamination in ground water systems earlier in my career). My focus is on sustainable waste management system design (developing effective legislation etc.) and behavioral intervention strategies. I do ALOT of work with consumer packaged goods companies helping them meet legislative requirements and advocacy. With that being said, I do find myself conducting waste audits on occasion, where I am physically in the muck measuring things.

It's an interesting job - I introduce myself as being an actual garbage man.

Producer on an unscripted tv series. Arguably the one of the biggest.

Union Electrician, Project manager, Estimator.

Worked as a software developer for a few years and enjoyed it, but felt very limited on what I could contribute. Got bored and wasn't really motivated to move up at the time. Saved what money I could from that stint and took a chance on myself doing freelance web dev.

Hindsight 20/20, I definitely shouldn't have accepted referrals from people that I didn't really trust or respect. Many turned out to be arrogant and quick to point fingers when something wasn't going exactly how they wanted. "Why my site not #1 on Google yet for best ___ near me, kid? Fix this pls!". Bro, it's been 2 months, you don't pay me for SEO, and your approach to advertising is stuck in 1950. Damn casual.

Still have a short list of clients I work with because they're pretty ok (local and not referrals). Far from successful but it helps.

My main gig now is homeschooling my kids, getting my Master's so I can climb up the ladder in the public sector, and working on a line of computerized Power Slap home training equipment which should be the biggest thing in the fitness industry by 2026.

No, that is for actual scientists like chemists and engineers (although I did do a project with Environment Canada measuring landfill leachate contamination in ground water systems earlier in my career). My focus is on sustainable waste management system design (developing effective legislation etc.) and behavioral intervention strategies. I do ALOT of work with consumer packaged goods companies helping them meet legislative requirements and advocacy. With that being said, I do find myself conducting waste audits on occasion, where I am physically in the muck measuring things.

It's an interesting job - I introduce myself as being an actual garbage man.

#unsungheroes #hespect
nksalute.png

I work at a steel mill, easiest/best job I have ever had. Only downside is long hours and missing out on family stuff.

I’ve been a lawyer for 12 years. Started off as a general practitioner for the first 8 years, then decided to specialize in labour and employment law four years ago. Left private practice a year and a half ago to become in-house legal counsel for one of Canada’s largest employers, part of a team of 10 lawyers that handles all internal labour and employment matters for a workforce of 130,000 of which about 100,000 are unionized, 20,000 are non-union and the last 10,000 are contractors.

Radiologic technologist. I set up sterile fields and assist MDs during procedures.

I'm a lifelong chef, sushi chef, restaurant owner.
Eventually I design some stuff. The only thing I got from engineering (2x).
Rarely play guitar for change.
I've done translation stuff. Will if asked. Competent technical translators are somewhat rare and the pay is reasonable for the amount of work you do. Started off breeding hamsters when 12 or so.
Mostly I drink, smoke weed, and cook. And manage. And administrate. And since I'm extremely hiperactive, sleep very little, and take many shits a day, I'm here often.

Security in a private bank. It's easy but the salary is nothing special. And I always aim to do other things in my life and just keep this as a job not as a career. Basically I just do this for money and got other interest. Now if nothing works out within 3 years or so, I might actually get an actual education of some sort.

Back