What are the rules in pro wrestling these days?

Herwald

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
In the fictitious world of pro wrestling, within the story - what is considered illegal and allowed these days? Why is the referee in there, what is he looking after? It used to be, effectively, a wrestling match with some open handed slaps and kicks. And cheating was pretty easy to recognize - you blast someone with a chair, I mean, that's clear as day.

But now I see MMA moves, a lot of flips, a complete mush between normal matches and hard core/stipulation matches. Stuff gets brought into the ring and the ref doesn't object. I just don't understand the frame work anymore.

Is there a pamphlet somewhere that describes the rules?

Oh theres definitely pamphlets.
You dont have wrestling missionaries going door to door in your area?
Be careful if you open the door up for them though, last time one of those fuckers tried hitting me with a steel chair.
Luckily I had a bucket of sand by the door so I threw a handful of that into his eyes before he connected then I threw him through the Spanish announcers table which happens to be set up outside my apartment.

Be careful if you open the door up for them though, last time one of those fuckers tried hitting me with a steel chair.
Luckily I had a bucket of sand by the door so I threw a handful of that into his eyes before he connected then I threw him through the Spanish announcers table which happens to be set up outside my apartment.
Sounds like you got converted.

BdO.gif

Its an exhibition
So, in the WWE universe, for example - every match up is just an exhibition fight? Exhibitions, by definition, are matches whose prize money and impact on the fighter rankings is either zero or close to it. But isn't there a belt and some kind of ranking's structure at play?

But, ok, that aside - I'm more interested in what's allowed in the ring. Does anyone know?

So, in the WWE universe, for example - every match up is just an exhibition fight? Exhibitions, by definition, are matches whose prize money and impact on the fighter rankings is either zero or close to it. But isn't there a belt and some kind of ranking's structure at play?

But, ok, that aside - I'm more interested in what's allowed in the ring. Does anyone know?
WWE is not wrestling though

WWE is not wrestling though
I think I'm being misunderstood in this thread.

WWE, AEW, NXT - what have you: it's a TV show. They're playing characters who are professional fighters in a real fight promotion. Like, that was the point for the longest time, right? Dwayne Johnson played a character named The Rock - no different than the Scorpion King - who fought for the WWF title and for The Rock it's all real cause he's a character in his character world. So what are the rules in their world now?

It's like if they made a TV show called "UFC" - about a fictitious MMA promotion - and they had actors playing MMA fighters. In the show, the UFC/MMA rules would be the rules we're all aware of, right? No groin shots, fence grabs, 12-6 elbows, etc (shit that a heel in the show would utilize).

So what are the rules in pro wrestling?

P.S. If you're being a smart ass and saying WWE isn't wrestling cause it's not the kind of wrestling you like - I'm fine with it, zero issue with that, but I don't know what you mean.

Back