Not open for further replies.

Jackonfire

BMF Mod
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Oh man,

Bauhaus’ Peter Murphy Suffers Heart Attack

Peter Murphy of Bauhaus has suffered a heart attack, a representative revealed in a statement. He was taken to a New York City hospital on Tuesday evening due to shortness of breath. Cardiologist Jason Song, MD of Lenox Hill Hospital said that while further details of Murphy’s condition could not be divulged, the singer had “stents placed in his right coronary artery and was started on medications to manage his heart condition.” Murphy is still being monitored in the hospital.

https://pitchfork.com/news/bauhaus-peter-murphy-suffers-heart-attack/

@Monte Moku
You said you were on a barbershop spree. I love that stuff. Not sure if you saw my post in the last thread, but these guys are all about vocal harmony:
Thought I'd shared these guys before. Couldn't find it. San Diego act that specializes in the niche of attraction park performances (such as the San Diego Zoo). Stellar harmonists. This isn't the current group. The third member, the one with the gold face, is no longer with the act. The other two, the silver one and the lead singer, are actually identical twins...or at least they were. The lead singer later became transgender, so I guess now they're fraternal, or transternal, I don't know what to call it. Whatever. The music is great.

I'm not as familiar with their newer stuff, but here are two older ones I like a lot:

It may be surprising that the two main members are identical twins considering how seemingly different their voices are; a bass and a tenor, you'll wonder? That's how it seems, anyway, until you hear a song like this one where the brother who paints his face silver sings in his higher register. Not only does it convey how similar their voices are, but it also conveys his astonishing vocal range.

Loving the latest release of Iron and Wine and Calexico collaboration.

It’s beautiful, for myself it hits the spot.

Kinda like Roy Orbison's "Crying" meets Linda Ronstadt's "Blue Bayou."

Hot summer night, cold beer and Morrison Hotel

Gilmour is one of my favorite guitarists. He has the best tone and texture. Just perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back