What Are You Listening To? (Vol.44)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had completely overlooked JG for years....now no more :):)
They are excellent, but only the version with Joe Walsh. They made four albums (one live) with Walsh before he got tired of fucking carrying them, as he was the main writer and force behind the band. They got Tommy Bolan to replace him on guitar, but it was nothing more than typical 70s schlock rock. Not my thing. The singer is horrible in that version, and I don't even know his name. I made a post about one of my favorite songs, and I didn't see you like that one, so I figured you missed it. Check that out, and the four albums with Walsh. If you like that, then check out Joe's solo albums.

On a trivia note, Joe actually influenced the sound of The Who, particularly Pete Townsend, who Joe gave a Gretsch guitar and amplifier to (I forget which one) that Pete used to create some of his greatest work with. Pete called Joe America's greatest guitar player at one point. Also, Joe was in The Eagles. I'm glad somebody still likes real classic rock. Most people don't get it. Walsh era James Gang is one of the barometers I use to see if people have good musical taste. You passed.

Last edited:
They are excellent, but only the version with Joe Walsh. They made four albums (one live) with Walsh before he got tired of fucking carrying them, as he was the main writer and force behind the band. They got Tommy Bolan to replace him on guitar, but it was nothing more than typical 70s schlock rock. Not my thing. The singer is horrible in that version, and I don't even know his name. I made a post about one of my favorite songs, and I didn't see you like that one, so I figured you missed it. Check that out, and the four albums with Walsh. If you like that, then check out Joe's solo albums.

On a trivia note, Joe actually influenced the sound of The Who, particularly Pete Townsend, who Joe gave a Gretsch guitar and amplifier to (I forget which one) that Pete used to create some of his greatest work with. Pete called Joe America's greatest guitar player at one point. Also, Joe was in The Eagles. I'm glad somebody still likes real classic rock. Most people don't get it. Walsh era James Gang is one of the barometers I use to see if people have good musical taste. You passed.
I had read that Walsh was the driving force behind JG, but probably I was too much into the Eagles to take further notice of JG :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back