What are Your Thoughts on the BMF?

The first two suck because they took existing contenders and had them fight for made up circumstances instead of just calling it a #1 contender / contender fight. Especially after they'd already started making 5 round regular fights so they didn't even need to add a title to it to give us the excuse of 2 extra rounds. Could've just had them fight 5 rounds with nothing symbolic on the line.

Justin / Dustin especially sucked as we'd already seen them fight. We were expecting another barn burner sure, but at the end of the day it wasn't some kind of what if scenario.

Max / Justin was the best one they've done because they actually just made a throwaway badass fight. Lo and behold, not only did it produce a fun fight but also a brand new contender and star in Max.

Last edited:
It's a fun way to honor fan favorites known for their tougness and violent styles. I'll copy my post from another thread about the Ilia/Max situation:

Ilia doesn't deserve to fight for the BMF yet. I know BMF is just a stupid toy belt etc. but if we were to take it semi-seriously, all BMF holders and challengers so far have been:

VETS who are known for violence. Not only can they do damage, they can TAKE damage, be the nail. They are proven durable tough guys who can fight through adversity, bounce back from losses, not just once or twice but consistently throughout long gruelling careers.

Khabib and GSP were great fighters and winners but not BMF's. GSP had a boring non-violent style and Khabib never showed he could be the nail and bounce back from a loss.

Right now Topuria is building a reputation as a BMF because of his violent style but he still isn't a proven tough guy like Max, Justin, Dustin, Masvidal and Diaz. He needs more mileage.

Lame belt but since it pretty much guarantees us getting to see 2 exciting fighters in a 5 rder... I'm cool with it. Max vs Gaethje probably would not have been 5rds otherwise and idk if Gaethje would have went to sleep like that if it was a 3 rder. I thoroughly enjoyed watching Gaethje take a nap.

It's a pointless belt in my opinion and I don't give a damn about it. However, if the UFC wants to use it as a marketing tool, I say go at it. It isn't my jam, but other folks and casual fans probably dig it so whatever. It also is an excuse to make non-title fights 5 rounds which I like.

It's dumb, but the fights have been fun.
The pearl clutching on this forum about BMF makes it all worth it.

It's a gimmick, but it's difficult to complain about it, considering what fighters have participated so far and what the fights have been like. The BMF idea also provokes guys for extra violence and JBG behavior, which is entertaining as fuck. No playing it safe with BMF, as of now.

But, yeah, if it sticks around for too long, it's gonna get diluted and lose it's meaning. That's why I'm not into Max vs Tops with BMF involved. I do think you need some UFC/MMA history behind you to fight for it. Nate, Mas, Doostin, Gaethje, Max - excellent choices, so far.

It's a pointless belt in my opinion and I don't give a damn about it. However, if the UFC wants to use it as a marketing tool, I say go at it. It isn't my jam, but other folks and casual fans probably dig it so whatever. It also is an excuse to make non-title fights 5 rounds which I like.
Shut up nerd.

It's a cute belt for "exciting" fighters that are not the best fighters in their respective divisions.

It's lame as hell because there is nothing BMF about it really.

If there were no weightclasses and it was open to everyone then that's cool but that can't happen in North America.

weird. Mother fucker? like come on. think about that... is weird.
When that stupid reporter asked if there would ever be a female BMF fight I laughed because of what BMF stands for.

Then I remembered that 90% of the female roster are lesbians so it actually would apply.

It's pretty stupid. But I understand the marketing so I just don't pay much attention to it.

I sure wasn't like, oh man, I hope Holloway wins the BMF belt last week, he's totally the BMF champ. Can't wait until he defends it now against another BMF.

No, don't give a shit, like the matchups mostly, but those matchups should happen anyhow. Say Benoît Saint Denis vs. Poirier could have been a BMF fight, it was a great violent matchup and it delivered. Do I care if they made it a BMF fight? Nope.

Poirier vs. Oliveria rematch could be BMF, but again, who cares if it will be BMF or not.

It's a cheap knock-off of the only belt that has ever truly mattered.

EWUi1ypXkAEkLlT.jpg
Do you mean the og BMF belt?

Since the title fights cycle are so slow, just make BMF belts for every weight where FOTN fighters duke it for a bigger pay and 5 rounds. I dont give a fuck now, im kinda done with hoping the UFC goes for the true sport dynamics, they should incentizive action fights more

Back