What are Your Thoughts on the BMF?

It's gimmicky, goofy, a money-grab ....
and I lovre every minute of it!

They should ditch all the other belts and have everyone fight for the BMF world championship!

I mean seriously, if the belt is going to float only between the lightweight and welterweight divisions, how can one be considered the "BMF" when no one at HW, LHW, MW, BW, or FW will ever get a chance to compete for it?

I mean, let's say the BMF is actually Alex Pereira. He'll never get a chance to fight for it.

Aw heck, what do I care, I'm on "team gimmick belt" anyway. Just a thought.

I mean seriously, if the belt is going to float only between the lightweight and welterweight divisions, how can one be considered the "BMF" when no one at HW, LHW, MW, BW, or FW will ever get a chance to compete for it?

I mean, let's say the BMF is actually Alex Pereira. He'll never get a chance to fight for it.

Aw heck, what do I care, I'm on "team gimmick belt" anyway. Just a thought.

They didn't even weigh in at champion weight, so its not legit title.

It's made for us idiots to be entertained.

It's working perfectly.

I like the idea of it always staying with the winner regardless of weight class. It will slowly move around weight classes I think which will add some extra fun to fights down the road. It's a fake belt anyways, so who gives a shit. Fighters shouldn't get distracted by it.

Oh for Pete's sake, so now we're gonna have silver medals in every weight classes? Does the BMF automatically become the #1 contender even he's not?

Are you trying to make this boxing or something? Let's just make everyone a champ! The actual champ, the BFM champ, the "hey I just won two in a row" champ, the "If I'd lost tonight I'd have been cut so I deserve a belt for that" belt.

It was funny for a once off, but now it’s just goof shit

It’s fine. It lets non champion fighters headline a card. They can also get PPV points. In short more fighters can eat.

I think it's corny and feels likes some pro wrestling gimmick belt. It felt silly explaining it to some friends new to the UFC/MMA during UFC 300.

I personally don't mind it. The matchups so far have been good although the idea of defending the belt is a little lame.

When Buffer did his intro saying "The reigning, defending, undisputed BMF champ" it made me cringe a little.

Being a BMF is subjective so the whole idea of being a defending champ against curated opponents is a little weird.

IMO The BMF belts should just be something you fight for and "accumulate" Like trophies. Not "defend" if that makes any sense.

The BMF idea isn't bad but it should probably be a once a year thing. Hopefully they don't start throwing it in every other PPV.

What are your overall thoughts on it? Anything you would do differently now that it's here to stay?
Before was not big into the BMF belt for context because I won't mention names but the two fighters were not really in that right situation, but, Max vs Justin...was the perfect reason to put the BMF belt out there. for a great UFC card...and for the Future of that right person...MAX

I like it...I mean, people like Max, who met his kryptonite vs Volk....now gets to move forward, and be in the mix...BMF belts to me are more about giving those real fighters a chance around their short coming vs say one fighter...I mean other than Volk, Max had a near perfect career...thought he won one of them vs the judges...but...yeah..BMF belts should be more about giving the right guy a chance.....ok, Volk is on the decline...lets give Max another go...and now he has it...that is perfect imo...go max.....it should be a rare thing..to promote that guy, that we know as fans...was always there.. but it only belongs to fan favorites because they are exciting to watch too...both Justin and Max are warriors..so its what fans want really...to see two top fan favorites get a chance to pull off something that will propel their career in a way it would not happen because we all know...how many champs dodge fighters that are dangerous because they actually take risks...Max Ko'd Justin...only because Justin was willing to slug it out in those final moments....BMF belts = two guys who actually take risks...and for us fans...we love it...we get to see it end the way we want...it is one or the other...they did not come in to play it safe...and I will always still watch Justin fight because his mentality is something else...a warrior...but now Max gets to really move forward...it was epic what happened...like dana said...it look like a movie.

Last edited:
So, every weight class then?

No you need like a belt covering two weight classes plus, so like 4 total BMF titles.

Max can't go fight some larger 170ers and forget about fighting a 185er.

Seems like having a BMF title is the only way to get the UFC to throw caution to the wind and just do a fun damn match up. So if that solves that issue then go ahead and do it. Not too mention, its a nice belt to have when got people like Max kind of caught in a no one to fight at his own weight class and you can use these match ups to further push their stardom.

I think it's corny and feels likes some pro wrestling gimmick belt. It felt silly explaining it to some friends new to the UFC/MMA during UFC 300.

I think everyone knows it on the corny side/gimmicky. But it seems to get the UFC to move on just matching up two greats for the fun of it and if that takes a made up belt to do it, fine.

i say make it an openweight
like 200lbs is the max limit of fighters weight

some HW guys maybe can cut down (a big maybeeee)
some lw fighters do reach 200 lbs

lets see whos the real bad mf

fight anyone anywhere

BMF is sorta silly but they have all been fun fights to watch so I am okay with it.

I think it's a shameless gimmick that is bound to cause confusion among the casual viewers...

...but if it's going to be strictly used as a gimmick in exciting superfights and motivates fighters to put on shows like Gaethje/Holloway then I will watch

As long as they don't make it a belt that the 'BMF' holds on to and defends it's fine. I don't mind the idea of just making a new BMF belt occasionally when high profile and exciting fighters are matched together without ranking or title implications on the line

It’s a fun marketing tool for making matches that don’t have a title on the line. If a fighter tries to take the other down, they shouldn't get the belt. Let me bang bro.

Back