What are your thoughts on the first female ring announcer in the UFC?

I dont really like female announcers generally. Samatha Irvin in WWE is good, really good but i'd take The Fink over her in a second. A male voice matches the upcoming violence better

The main problem is there just arent that many good male announcers either. The best ones are old and no new guys replaced them. Joe Martinez is good but he's not GREAT like Jimmy Lennon JR or Michael Buffer. Id actually prefer Bruce to Joe because even though his voice is nowhere near as good his passion and enthusiasm is great. Although admittedly he may be getting too old for his job.

Ever been to a party with all dudes? You need girls to balance it out.
The lack of women in sports and other male-domantied career fields is the result of centuries of society systematically keeping them out of those fields. The problem now is that there are plenty of talented and capable women who would do great in UFC and Boxing but a variety of pressures keep them from pursuing it.
You dont have to agree with that but overall, feminine presence is important in all aspects of life.
No you dont.

I watched UFC 300 with my boys and there was no reason any woman needed to be involved in our revels.

Theres no women in reservoir dogs and there didnt need to be any.

If the ring card girls and Megan olivi disappeared overnight, it would probably take us 6 months to notice.

I love women but they dont need to be put into everything just for the sake of diversity.

I dont really like female announcers generally. Samatha Irvin in WWE is good, really good but i'd take The Fink over her in a second. A male voice matches the upcoming violence better

The main problem is there just arent that many good male announcers either. The best ones are old and no new guys replaced them. Joe Martinez is good but he's not GREAT like Jimmy Lennon JR or Michael Buffer. Id actually prefer Bruce to Joe because even though his voice is nowhere near as good his passion and enthusiasm is great. Although admittedly he may be getting too old for his job.

I think there are probably plenty of guys who could do it, but it's not exactly a career people even consider, IMO.

I think there are probably plenty of guys who could do it, but it's not exactly a career people even consider, IMO.
Yeah most people probably fall into that stuff by accident.

The BKFC announcer is almost good, he almost gets close but then does some dumb shit that makes me think he sucks. His voice is decent but he does some dumb shit with it.

Also BKFC really need to stop panning to the crowd when they announce the fighters, None of us care about the crowd and its too dark to see them.

I think I've heard Bruce Buffer or guys that sound like him too much where it feels out of place, but it's only announcing the fights. I think pride had a woman announcer and it was sort of iconic.
Not sure if its a Pride only thing or Japan thing, Pride lady was iconic cause she yelled like crazy lol, PFL has (or had?) a female announcer.

Not sure if its a Pride only thing or Japan thing, Pride lady was iconic cause she yelled like crazy lol, PFL has (or had?) a female announcer.
Yeah but she only yelled when they were on their way to the ring. Thats different than being the MC in the ring

K-1 also had that for awhile but the K-1 woman wasnt as good as lenne hardt. I dont know who came up with the idea first to do that.

lol it would probably be like american idol in the beggining auditions. Also like TUF they would just hire anyone who was good regardless of who won

There'd be more action than you'd think. People would try the Buffer 360 and maybe other kinds of acrobatics to be innovative and get noticed, there may even occur some broken necks in the process.. <{JustBleed}>

There'd be more action than you'd think. People would try the Buffer 360 and maybe other kinds of acrobatics to be innovative and get noticed, there may even occur some broken necks in the process.. <{JustBleed}>
Thats right. People think its so easy but its WAR in the Buffer Zone.

Lol, euro. You should probably catch up on MMA before posting about it.

Meh. I'm not that worried about catching every single FN card. Also, that would make more sense if I wanted to judge a fight or something, I don't usually catch up on MMA to hear who is announcing.

Back