What are your top 3"Dream Fights" That never happened.

Rickson vs Sakuraba

saku-rickson1.jpg

Fedor vs Randy

randy-couture-fedor-emelianenko.jpg

Khabib vs Tony

007_Khabib_Nurmagomedov_x_Tony_Ferguson.0.jpg

<mma1><mma1><mma1>

This one is very high up on my list as well. Just an insane style matchup.

We almost got to see it but Overeem couldn't finish Bigfoot

Great list!

I came her to say Saku vs Rickson.

Bas vs Wandy

Khabib vs GSP

Rickson vs Sakuraba

saku-rickson1.jpg

Fedor vs Randy

randy-couture-fedor-emelianenko.jpg

Khabib vs Tony

007_Khabib_Nurmagomedov_x_Tony_Ferguson.0.jpg

<mma1><mma1><mma1>

This one is very high up on my list as well. Just an insane style matchup.

We almost got to see it but Overeem couldn't finish Bigfoot
You, my friend, are the king of this forum for being the first to point out the only true dream fight numbers 1 to 3--Saku v. Rickson

1) Fedor vs Randy in Affliction
2) Arlovski vs Cro Cop
3) Chuck Liddell vs Forrest Griffin (if Chuck had beaten Rashad, he could have conceivably got the belt back)

HM: - Arlovski vs JDS
- Arlovski vs Nog
- Chuck vs Dan Henderson
- Shogun vs Anderson
- Fedor vs Brock
- Sherk vs anyone during his endless streak of injuries which were a terrible end to his career

Edit: Call me crazy but I always wanted to see Cro Cop vs Tim Sylvia. Tim was so close to beating Nog at UFC 84 and that could have led to so many interesting match-ups when he was still relevant and taking training seriously.

I actually thought this should have happened at UFC 122 in Germany when Tim was on a bit of a win streak again (and still close to 265) but alas, it never happened. He seems to be universally hated/disregarded but Tim was a major face of the UFC HWs for years and I would have loved to have seen him in the mix for longer

Last edited:
Why the hell are people voting Silva vs Jones?

Silva was taken down at will by Sonnen. Jones would have molested Silva.

Prime Anderson, Izzy, Pereira, prime Machida, prime Wonderboy to all fight each other

1. Ngannou-Jones: Greatest fighter of all-time against the ultimate “puncher’s chance” which is the only way Jones could ever lose a fight since he can’t get out-skilled by anybody IMO

2. GSP-Khabib: Just a dream matchup from a technical ability and intelligence standpoint

3. Stipe-Jones in the prime of their careers: Unfortunately we’re going to get the watered down version of this in a few months

Right now obviously Ngannou-Jones

Also Khabib vs a couple of more guys after he tells his mom to chill out

Jones/Henderson has always been the fight that fell through that bummed me out the most. Probably as I had the poster up for years over my mini-fridge so was constantly reminded that it fell through lol.

But apart from the matchup, especially so as Henderson's knee injury that ruined it derailed the whole latter half of his career. His mobility was night and day different upon his return, you could immediately tell he hadn't returned to his prior form. And yet despite that he was still going to arguable splits with Machida, Rashad, Bisping, etc., and winning big fights.

I don't think he'd have beaten Jones, and we did eventually see them grapple and Jones subbed him, but man did that falling through have a ripple effect. Henderson could've possibly won the LHW belt, ended Jones dominance, then with functional knees beat a ton of other guys including winning the MW belt. When he's already a GOAT without all that.

Fedor Overeem
Fedor Barnett
Fedor Couture
Fedor Lesnar
GSP Silva
Menne Castillo 2

Pre Bigfoot Overeem vs pre Cain 2 JDS.

Fedor vs Barnett. I always thought Josh had the best chance to beat Fedor stylistically, too bad it was canceled a few days before the event.

GSP vs Silva

Tony Ferguson vs Khabib

Cyborg vs Rhonda Rousey

Overeem vs DC at heavyweight

Lee Murray vs. Matt Lindland

Igor Vs Vanderlei
Lawler Vs Daley
Silva Vs Jones

A few of the lesser popular choices here, but Igor Vs Vanderlei and Lawler Vs Daley would have been two of the most violent possible fight to make back in the day.

I remember Robbie being at 185 in strikeforce and being pissed that him and Daley were both in the same org, but Robbie was being lazy and not cutting weight.

Back