What bends your mind every time you think about it?

Wave/particle duality.
For anyone unfamiliar, experiments were done to determine if light is fundamentally a particle, or a wave. It turns out, it is both. It is a wave unless/until it is observed or measured in some way, at which point it “becomes” a particle.

Some interpretations of quantum physics believe everything is this way: the things you are looking at right now only look like carpet, couch, and walls because you are looking at them. Everything you can’t see right now is a quantum soup of wave/particle duality, and isn’t really the reality you think it is at all—until you turn to look at/observe it.
The simulator only generates it when you look. <seedat>
The fact that the average person in a developed nation has a far better quality of life than virtually any emperor, king, pharoah, etc of even a hundred years ago.
Idk... the emperor/king etc. had power and didn't have to work and be exploited.
I don't know much about Alan Watts, but I love this story he told of the Chinese Farmer.

Was he a philosopher Mr. Watts?

Alan Watt > Alan Watts
The fact that there's so many stupid people in this world.
They have all the knowledge in the world at their fingertips and they decide to go on Instagram or Twitter, Facebook etc.

They think they're smart, yet most of them don't even know how to square a left turn ffs, or put on their directional for that matter.

The lack of empathy and or patience also bends my mind.
People post in threads without taking 15 seconds to scan the thread and see if someone else has already said this, if it has already been addressed etc. Some imbeciles actually reply without even reading the OP.

People post things which are wrong without taking 30 seconds to skim the relevant Wikipedia page, where they would be corrected. When you say they haven't read the thread, because what they posted was already addressed, they pretend they have. If you point out they could have checked their 'facts' in 30 seconds or less using current technology they usually just don't reply, then later in the thread, or next week in the next thread on the subject there they are repeating the wrong information like the previous conversation never happened.

orange_jelly_nailed_to_wall.jpg

Last edited:
The housing crash in 2008. I own 3 houses outright and still can't wrap my head around what happened in 2008.

The idea of crypto currency. Just sounds like people trying to pull money out of thin air.

super glue
Well it's only hat so it could've just been acceptable glue
The simulator only generates it when you look. <seedat>

Idk... the emperor/king etc. had power and didn't have to work and be exploited.

Alan Watt > Alan Watts

People post in threads without taking 15 seconds to scan the thread and see if someone else has already said this, if it has already been addressed etc. Some imbeciles actually reply within even reading the OP.

People post things which are wrong without taking 30 seconds to skim the relevant Wikipedia page, where they would be corrected. When you say they haven't read the thread, because what they posted was already addressed, they pretend they have. If you point out they could have checked their 'facts' in 30 seconds or less using current technology they usually just don't reply, then later in the thread, or next week in the next thread on the subject there they are repeating the wrong information like the previous conversation never happened.

orange_jelly_nailed_to_wall.jpg
Is... is that Jell-O nailed to a wall? A Jell-O hanger to save some for later?

How easily people take things as facts.

That's a hell of a thing to think about! Imagine some experiment suggested that might not be the case tho ;-)
Unscramble an egg, then I’ll believe lol.

Though yeah, the time scale of it all makes it not really scary for most, it will come to that day. Unless time travel, but that is unlikely. Who knows? Fun to think about.

Or, the thought of existing forever, and becoming bored after living the life of everything imaginable for the millionth time. Unimaginable time scales, though still interesting.

Last edited:
Haiti is pretty much there right now.
exactly. I saw that 4k prisoners broke out of prison .... think about that? I guess you would just hope for the best in public and keep your firearm ready at night.

Or how dismissive religious folks are about other gods/religions that TOTALLY contradict their own. I mean... HELLO!!! They just think theirs' just happens to be the correct one and all the others are fake?
I do believe Christianity is correct and I do believe all others are at least partially fake . However I would never say that to a non Christian an be a douche about it.

Unscramble an egg, then I’ll believe lol.

Though yeah, the time scale of it all makes it not really scary for most, it will come to that day. Unless time travel, but that is unlikely. Who knows? Fun to think about.

Or, the thought of existing forever, and becoming bored after living the life of everything imaginable for the millionth time. Unimaginable time scales, though still interesting.
Wouldn't time travel KO entropy? Or at least wobble it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back