What books are you reading?

been on a sci fi binge -

Finished the red rising series which was pretty brilliant. latest book was Lightbringer which is setting up the final book.

carried on my sci fi books with Blake Crouch's Dark Matter.

looking for another bingeable addictive book.

The Duke which is about Tommy Morrison.

Attachments

• The-Duke-The-Life-and-Lies-of-Tommy-Morrison-Paperback-9781949590524_2068102a-7c3f-48a8-bd9b-...jpeg
    The-Duke-The-Life-and-Lies-of-Tommy-Morrison-Paperback-9781949590524_2068102a-7c3f-48a8-bd9b-...jpeg
    133.6 KB · Views: 1
Empire of the Vampire

I've never read a Fyodor Dostoevsky book so I decided I'd start with The Idiot. It's really enjoyable. I was expecting something a lot dryer tbh, but I really love its flow, its sense of humour, its fast moving plot and its wide cast of interesting characters. He is an impressive writer for sure

The Mysteries of the Great Cross of Hendaye​

by Jay Weidner and Vincent Bridges

For me, it all started a few years ago when Jay Weidner asked me what I thought of Fulcanelli. Being full of my own opinions and sure of their validity, I gave him the quick rundown on what I knew: “Mysterious twentieth-century alchemist featured in Morning of the Magicians and therefore somewhat suspect. Colin Wilson suggests that he is another alchemical con man such as Cagliostro or St. Germain.”

Jay laughed and suggested that I read Mystery of the Cathedrals, Fulcanelli’s first book, and The Fulcanelli Phenomenon, by Kenneth R. Johnson. When I did, I realized that the books described one of the most fascinating puzzles of all time. Alchemy was certainly a key part of the mystery. At the heart of this puzzle, however, lay something even stranger— ancient knowledge of the location of the center of our galaxy and from that knowledge a way to estimate the date of a celestial event of eschatological magnitude. The sophisticated astronomical culture of the Maya considered this event to be the end and beginning point of time itself. After the fall of the ancient cultures in the Old World, simple knowledge of the event became the secret possession of the initiated elite.

been on a sci fi binge -

Finished the red rising series which was pretty brilliant. latest book was Lightbringer which is setting up the final book.

Crouch’s “Recursion” is pretty good too. Another popcorn book that is great for binging.

been on a sci fi binge -

You should give the Expanse series a try, they are great. The Murder Bot series is also really good and the books are a lot shorter so its not quite the commitment that the Expanse is

You should give the Expanse series a try, they are great. The Murder Bot series is also really good and the books are a lot shorter so its not quite the commitment that the Expanse is
Reading the Expanse now, it’s decent

The Bible . Read a little over half. Still have moat of Genesis thru Kings2 and Ezekiel to go.

Finally read my first Brandon Sanderson book (Mistborn) and already started with the second.

He's great at world building and the pacing is nice but everything is a little too clean for my taste. Especially after reading six books from that cynical bastard Joe Abercrombie. Also I don't like how he is constantly explaining the magic (I'm like 700 pages in, I get it) and a lot of the characters (especially the main character) seem pretty generic so far.

It's fun and I'll finish the trilogy but it's definitely not my style.

finished a book called the Sun Down motel - creepy ghost/ serial killer book, only issue i found was the protagonist was really unlikable, however the story and mystery itself was interesting enough - I would recommend it.

Next about to start Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir.

Back