Crime What did the cops do wrong today. Vol. 2

Did you even watch the video?

The cop was threatening to put a bullet in his chest over a minor driving infraction? OH MY GOD THEY WERE SELLING WEED IN THE VICINITY THOUGH, LYNCH HIM!

You don't sound mental at all.
The poor boy in all his wisdom felt like fleeing the scene was the best course of action, why escalate it to a felony instead of just stepping out of the car?

There are a plethora of recent events alone that display officers violating citizens' rights and rights under color of law. In September, a local PD in Colorado left their patrol vehicle (with a person in custody) on a railroad track and it was struck by a train. A sea of officer negligence and people wonder why the public is upset
Yeah I saw that one. Woman is soooo lucky to be alive.
The result was a 12 million dollar lawsuit wasn't it?

The poor fellow in the video didn't have plates on his car, and was parked in a lot where two different marijuana dispensaries were at, they didn't bother mentioning that part, because they wanted the exact reaction you two are posting. A simple way to get police to freak on you is to drive around a car with no plates around places that are known to carry large amounts of cash and are frequently robbed. But fuck those people working there, the local rappers feelings were hurt because he couldn't turn a fuckin screwdriver for 30 seconds.
Actually, they did mention that. The cops still unnecessarily escalated the situation IMHO.

Until it killed him. Somewhat of an important detail, wouldn't you say?

Oh the guy who committed felony hit and run while high on cocaine and fled the scene?
If true, that's also an important detail, obviously. But it doesn't answer the question of whether this is true or not,
"The claim said officers used unreasonable deadly force, carelessly and mistakenly deployed the Taser, failed to follow training on the dangers of asphyxiation while handcuffing Anderson and conspired with each other to hide and distort information in false police reports."
Well really how much people seem to resist arrest in America and then expect something from it.

Like you commit crimes and then just run away screaming they gonna kill me while you continually fight while being arrested.

America just seems like people look for a pay day and fuck around with cops who most of the time don't seem to give a shit and do what they want.
I agree running from the cops is stupid as hell. Be that as it may, it's irrelevant if the quoted text above is true, isn't it? The veracity of those claims is all that matters.

So, what you're saying in the first couple of sentences, if I my paraphrase, is that anecdotes aren't worth a fuck; have I got that right?

More like sample size if everything and people make misinformed decisions based on an arrogant perception they have all the pertinent facts sometimes. Let me know when the 10 o clock news has a feel good story involving the cops. I’ll wait here.

Didn't they say he was high on drugs and that's why the tazer killed him?
See my post immediately above yours. I don't know if that's true or not. That's why it's not up to me to decide if the claims are true; I'm only saying if the claims are true the lawsuit is warranted and if they aren't then it's not. If those claims are true the guy's prior criminal past is irrelevant, as are any concerns about people just out to make a quick buck or any other reason one might have to not care about such a guy dying in those circumstances nor his child's suffering. If they aren't true it's a non-story, pretty much.

See my post immediately above yours. I don't know if that's true or not. That's why it's not up to me to decide if the claims are true; I'm only saying if the claims are true the lawsuit is warranted and if they aren't then it's not. If those claims are true the guy's prior criminal past is irrelevant, as are any concerns about people just out to make a quick buck or any other reason one might have to not care about such a guy dying in those circumstances nor his child's suffering. If they aren't true it's a non-story, pretty much.
the toxicology report is gonna exonerate the cops. As it probably should. Then entirety of the various police body cams show Anderson acting in an incredibly erratic manner, one that can immediately be presumed to be indicative of a narcotic stimulant. He's extremely figgity, cant stop talking, and very emotive. All that combined with a 'yep, coroner found 'insert drug here' in his blood stream' and its a done case. Guy high as fuck gets restrained, and has a bad reaction to the drugs in his system combined with adrenaline from police encounter.

the toxicology report is gonna exonerate the cops. As it probably should. Then entirety of the various police body cams show Anderson acting in an incredibly erratic manner, one that can immediately be presumed to be indicative of a narcotic stimulant. He's extremely figgity, cant stop talking, and very emotive. All that combined with a 'yep, coroner found 'insert drug here' in his blood stream' and its a done case. Guy high as fuck gets restrained, and has a bad reaction to the drugs in his system combined with adrenaline from police encounter.
Ok. I have no basis upon which to agree or disagree, having only read the article posted earlier stating the claims of the family. Hopefully the kid's lawyer is working on contingency or pro bono in case they lose, but civil law in the US is weird because a wrongful death suit doesn't need to establish the claim "beyond a reasonable doubt" like a criminal prosecution does. You just need to convince a jury. I think that pertains to the post earlier ITT where the person said a lot of people there seem to look to make a quick buck with these cases, but enough of them have legit causes that there needs to be a clear path to seek redress when necessary.

The automatic gainsaying of the (usually black) complainant in situations like this by the usual suspects here and elsewhere is the greater issue, IMHO.

Memphis is about to be a war zone.

they beat that man till he turned gray.

I ain’t never seen a black man turn gray before.

Memphis is about to be a war zone.

they beat that man till he turned gray.

I ain’t never seen a black man turn gray before.

That one looks pretty bad. I have, actually, seen several black people turn gray. The worst, a really dark skinned guy, slit his writs and elbows and was bleeding out. I damn near broke my foot kicking the barricaded door in and he in the bathroom slicing away. There were waves of blood coming from under the door. He was still holding the knife and was in the shower and we couldn’t climb over all the stuff (toilet and sink) he piled in front of the door. We peppersprayed the shit out of him and dragged him from the bathroom. I very specifically recall that his penis looked like light blue

Until it killed him. Somewhat of an important detail, wouldn't you say?
Important detail that was in the article.

He made it sound like the kid got tasered. I corrected him. Stop looking for shit that isn't there.

Important detail that was in the article.

He made it sound like the kid got tasered. I corrected him. Stop looking for shit that isn't there.
Fair enough. I mistook your intent because after I read the linked article and didn't catch the ambiguity of "tasered him six times".

I blame the drugs, your honor. Have mercy.

Actually, they did mention that. The cops still unnecessarily escalated the situation IMHO.
The guy looked to be putting his car in drive. Cops have to have a balance of when to escalate and when not to. A potential armed robber/DUI suspect fleeing the scene in a parking lot that I would assume is fairly populated is a good reason to escalate. You'll notice the guy lost all attitude as soon as he saw the cop wasn't playing games. If he'd just obeyed a simple rule and listened to them it wouldn't have happened at all.

The poor boy in all his wisdom felt like fleeing the scene was the best course of action, why escalate it to a felony instead of just stepping out of the car?

Probably didn't want to risk getting the shit kicked out of him by a racist inbred cop with a 35 IQ.

Probably didn't want to risk getting the shit kicked out of him by a racist inbred cop with a 35 IQ.
Dude, nothing even happened in the video. Go donate to his gofundme. I'm sure he will appreciate a blowjob too. Get on it.

Ok. I have no basis upon which to agree or disagree, having only read the article posted earlier stating the claims of the family. Hopefully the kid's lawyer is working on contingency or pro bono in case they lose, but civil law in the US is weird because a wrongful death suit doesn't need to establish the claim "beyond a reasonable doubt" like a criminal prosecution does. You just need to convince a jury. I think that pertains to the post earlier ITT where the person said a lot of people there seem to look to make a quick buck with these cases, but enough of them have legit causes that there needs to be a clear path to seek redress when necessary.

The automatic gainsaying of the (usually black) complainant in situations like this by the usual suspects here and elsewhere is the greater issue, IMHO.
If you're interested, a youtuber named doughnut operator did a breakdown of the bodycam footage from Keenan Anderson's arrest. He's a former cop but he usually does a good job of being unbiased in his breakdowns.

Back