Crime What did the cops do wrong today. Vol. 2

“Tony, time for school, wake up!” one officer is heard saying.

“I don’t want to go to school, mom,” another officer responds, mimicking the voice of a child. “Five more minutes, mom.”

When paramedics arrived at the scene, they administered a sedative to Timpa and transferred him to an ambulance.

“He didn’t just die down there, did he?” one officer says as an apparently unconscious Timpa is moved. “Hope I didn’t kill him.”

Paramedics tell the officers that Timpa is not breathing.

“He’s dead,” a paramedic says, pointing to Timpa in the ambulance.

Pieces of fucking shit.

These fuckers deserve life or the death penalty...tired of cunts like these getting away with it because they have a fucking badge.

tumblr_mshajciBbO1qb4op4o4_250.gif

Merge with generic crime thread.

Man, the paramedic's reaction at the end. Pure disgust and frustration.

Ugh. It just continues and continues. Where does the violence end? We have to do something about these bad cops. We have a problem with cops in America. No other 1st world country is having these issues. They have too much power. At least there was body cam footage of this one. Most cops turn off their bodycams now days when they are about to commit crimes.

So discouraging to see things like this happen time after time. It says something about our culture. We may need to make vast changes to our policing system. Certain police groups have even banned hiring people who are too smart.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/tony-timpa-dallas-police-body-camera_n_5d42ac68e4b0ca604e2d10f8

Horrendous behavior and we are supposed to be outraged when the cops get some water thrown on them,

Merging into one giant thread is akin to burying news on the back pages. If this was a minor case of police abuse it is understandable to have it in a catch all police abuse thread , but this is a serious case. Some cases deserve their own threads, like that Las Vegas cop shooting one.

So you agree my thread on the black kid shooting at white people in his neighborhood because they were white shouldn’t have been merged into one giant “crime” thread?

Then why are you bringing it up 3 years later troll?
From the article linked in the O.P.

Newly released police body camera footage

-

Multiple media outlets have been reporting on this incident in the last few days, because the body-cam footage was only just made available.

The Police dept. tried to withold the footage. It took persistent legal wrangling from the Media to get the footage released.

Body camera footage ― obtained by the Dallas Morning News and NBC-DFW after a lengthy legal battle with Dallas police — shows what happened next.

So you agree my thread on the black kid shooting at white people in his neighborhood because they were white shouldn’t have been merged into one giant “crime” thread?
I have no issue with every major issue having its own thread. Actually I have no problem with any issue getting its own thread. I didn't even know your thread got merged, until you telling me now. I saw it on the front page in the morning.

I have no issue with every major issue having its own thread. Actually I have no problem with any issue getting its own thread. I didn't even know your thread got merged, until you telling me now. I saw it on the front page in the morning.

It got merged in a general “crime” thread. And then, in an effort to disguise the partisan nature of that thread getting buried, this story got buried as well.

I wish each topic could stand on its own and be discussed on its own merits, but that apparently can happen no longer.

Liberals shot first, conservatives are merely returning fire.

Brah.
What do you mean liberals shot first?

The cop abuse mega thread has been around for many weeks , if not months.

Most cops turn off their bodycams now days when they are about to commit crimes.

Does this often happen or does it only happen on occasions when the police feel he has done wrong? What are the directives to use bodycam? Does it have to be on during calls or the entire day of work on the field? I think it sounds suspicious when they turn off. Why would they do it if they just did the job, now they try to hide something. Hmm, sounds like a strange behavior. It should be banned.

@Starman had an active and engaging thread with high activity going on, reaching double digit pages. It got merged in a, let us say, interesting and unexpected manner. The only thing about that thread is that it was black person committing a blatant, racist, gun crime against innocent whites for the literal sole reason of them being white.

If that is what dictates a merger, than the cop thread easily should be merged into the cop thread. As has been done.

You shoot first, we shoot back. Equality.

Brah.
@Starman's thread was started yesterday or today morning. The Cop abuse mega thread was started weeks if not months ago. So the act of burying all cop abuse threads in 1 mega thread preceded the act of merging Starman's thread.

Lolwut? That must be the biggest spin of all time.

The Crime megathread and the Cops megathread start dates are literally irrelevant. One could have been made a year ago and the other a month ago, they are both megathreads. The only relevance comparatively is that there is a mega thread in general. Meanwhile, Starman's and WDJ individual threads both were created within 24 hours. Which is the point. So today Starman's thread was dubiously merged, a thread that had massive activity within hours that arguably should not have been merged, then WDJ's thread was subsequently merged in the name of equality.

It is very relevant because you are trying to argue that the merger of the rightwing friendly Starman thread was the initial act and the merging of the anti-rightwing friendly WDJ thread was the tit-for-tat reaction. But as I pointed out, the Cop-abuse mega thread preceded the Starman merger, so the attempt to bury cop-abuse stories preceded Starman's thread.

-False equivalence is a logical fallacy in which two completely opposing arguments appear to be logically equivalent when in fact they are not.
  • "They're both living animals that metabolize chemical energy. There's no difference between a pet cat and a pet snail."
The "equivalence" is in factors that are not relevant to the animals' suitability as pets.

That is you right now lol. The megathreads could be 10 years old, created in 2009. That is irrelevant to the point. The point is both threads are sporadically used, at best, and usually used for dead threads. A lot of crime, and a lot of cops, have had threads exclusively active on the first page. There's a MAGA hat dude with a swollen eye from being beat up on the first page right now. Starman's ultra active soon to be 20 page thread merged into the mega might literally be the first time that's happened. Ever? Possibly. Within 24 hours. That's why it was an eyebrow raiser. So when WDJ posted his thread, it was almost mandatory that it was merged to the Cops mega, or it would have looked to blatant of an oof.

You saying it is false equivalency does not make it, so typing out the definition of what false equivalency is meaningless.

You are deliberately ignoring countless rightwing friendly threads stretching back weeks and months that that never got merged into a collective thread.

WDJ's thread getting merged was not because the Mods were trying to placate you rightwingers over Starman's thread, because the cop-abuse mega-thread preceded the @Starman thread. Do you notice how threads that sympathize with Cops get their own individual threads.

Back