What do trophy points do?

WarFan90

I'm not a rat, I'm a turtle, a ninja turtle.
@purple
Reaction score
I got a lot of flak for asking about the belt system numbers recently. So im going to assume this will be the same. What do trophy points do for you/why do they matter at all?

https://forums.sherdog.com/help/trophies

1. 1
    First Message
    Post a message somewhere on the site to receive this.

2. 2
    Somebody Likes You
    Somebody out there liked one of your messages. Keep posting like that for more!

3. 5
    Keeps Coming Back
    30 messages posted. You must like it here!

4. 10
    Can't Stop!
    You've posted 100 messages. I hope this took you more than a day!

5. 10
    I Like It a Lot
    Your messages have been liked 25 times.

6. 10
    Embezzler

7. 15
    Seriously Likeable!
    Content you have posted has attracted 100 likes.

8. 20
    Addicted
    1,000 messages? Impressive!

9. 20
    Can't Get Enough of Your Stuff
    Your content has been liked 250 times.

10. 30
    I LOVE IT!
    Content you have posted has attracted 500 likes.

11. 100
    Ravden Award of Excellence
    Awarded for reaching 100,000 posts

https://forums.sherdog.com/help/trophies

1. 1
    First Message
    Post a message somewhere on the site to receive this.

2. 2
    Somebody Likes You
    Somebody out there liked one of your messages. Keep posting like that for more!

3. 5
    Keeps Coming Back
    30 messages posted. You must like it here!

4. 10
    Can't Stop!
    You've posted 100 messages. I hope this took you more than a day!

5. 10
    I Like It a Lot
    Your messages have been liked 25 times.

6. 10
    Embezzler

7. 15
    Seriously Likeable!
    Content you have posted has attracted 100 likes.

8. 20
    Addicted
    1,000 messages? Impressive!

9. 20
    Can't Get Enough of Your Stuff
    Your content has been liked 250 times.

10. 30
    I LOVE IT!
    Content you have posted has attracted 500 likes.

11. 100
    Ravden Award of Excellence
    Awarded for reaching 100,000 posts
Ok but what do they do/why do they matter

It’s kind of similar to “likes”. They don’t really matter, but some people enjoy having achievements or various things that measure involvement.

It’s just for fun
Ok thank you for an actual answer appreciate it

It’s kind of similar to “likes”. They don’t really matter, but some people enjoy having achievements or various things that measure involvement.

It’s just for fun
I think likes should speed up your belt progression, if your a good poster and people regularly like your posts at a higher rate than most. It should give you a multiplier of your posts. Like if your receiving 2x as many likes as average per post it should increase your post count by 2x.

For many many sherdog (and social media in general i.e. 'likes')...it all has something to do with the brain's reward cycle, you get a squirt of dopamine every time you get a like or a positive response

I think likes should speed up your belt progression, if your a good poster and people regularly like your posts at a higher rate than most. It should give you a multiplier of your posts. Like if your receiving 2x as many likes as average per post it should increase your post count by 2x.
I mean, we have a “likes” leaderboard and all that jazz. I think that would over complicate it and place even more emphasis on only posting for the purpose of accumulating likes as opposed to actual meaningful interactions.

I don’t think we need to further incentivize things like rushing to post on the first page etc..

I mean, we have a “likes” leaderboard and all that jazz. I think that would over complicate it and place even more emphasis on only posting for the purpose of accumulating likes as opposed to actual meaningful interactions.

I don’t think we need to further incentivize things like rushing to post on the first page etc..
That makes sense. It's hard to quantify what is a like for an informed and reasonable opinion vs a straight shit talk post that may actually receive more likes

i don't know what the trophy points are for either and i'm old as fuck

Back