What do you guys think of Tesla’s Cybertruck?

I wish it wasn't so fucking ugly. I'll probably buy the electric Ram as my next truck

We saw one in the Bay Area a few weeks ago. I dig the aesthetics, but I probably wouldn't purchase one.
386879436_1071352967371370_4606764537475533169_n.jpg

It easily one of the worst looking vehicles ever made.

im in the first 200K preorders, hope to get it year 1

As I posted above, Musk has predicted 150,000 units per year at maximum production and Tesla has never met one of his predictions so you probably have at least another 2 years. I'd predict at least 5 more years to get to 200K produced. You might move up the list as people cancel and get their deposit back. At least you only invested $100 not the $50,000 that the people paid to reserve a roadster.

As I posted above, Musk has predicted 150,000 units per year at maximum production and Tesla has never met one of his predictions so you probably have at least another 2 years. I'd predict at least 5 more years to get to 200K produced. You might move up the list as people cancel and get their deposit back. At least you only invested $100 not the $50,000 that the people paid to reserve a roadster.
I've waited this long already, I can wait two more, I don't even want it next year, going to be busy, but the following year would be great.

It's a lifestyle vehicle, not a truck for people needing a truck. You can do recreational stuff with it, but any of the fullsize trucks from the Big 3, with 6 and 8 foot beds, will be way better for doing truck stuff.

I think it looks awesome, makes me want to step out of that shit like RoboCop & burst shoot rapists in the dick.

I hear they sorted out the bulletproof-ness & actually beefed that up to be even tougher than the original claims, if that's true, & includes the tires, then it might be a pretty rad consolation prize apocalypse whip.

future zombies movies will see people picking Tesla truck out of the dozens when escaping from zombies horde

I think men care more about vehicles' looks than women, which is strange.

I would have pride in owning an ugly vehicle that performs.

If stainless steel is a superior material for building a truck then I am happy to have a design that allows the use of stainless steel.

I am interested in seeing some real world reviews, and if positive, I would consider renting or leasing a Cybertruck.

Concern about battery life presently keeps EVs off of my short list for next vehicle to purchase instead of lease.

Trucks are for hauling things , building materials , tools , firewood , camper etc .

I really liked the 1977 -1979 F250 4 x4 honest hard working trucks with 8ft long box , used both of those for hauling equipment and fuel for building logging roads in the bush . We also used them to cut firewood to sell , we could haul a over a cord of wood with racks in each truck.

I see some problems with the box configuration on the Tesla truck for hauling what a lot of things trucks are actually used for . Still I would try one out and it likely is ok for some things , not sure about the visibility , it looks more of a military type vehicle at first glance .

Trucks have evolved quite a bit from the first real pick-up the Ford Model T Truck in 1917 https://www.youtube.com/shorts/0sWEX75oOEE
1917_Ford_Model_TT.html

An enterprising individual could buy an old F-150, a couple of broken stainless steel refrigerators, and craft their own for a fraction of the price. I mean it won't be an EV or have all the modern amenities, but I can't see the homemade version looking any worse than the actual...

Back