What do you like about the UFC and MMA?

Every fight is the playoffs in which the stakes are extremely high.

In MMA, people aren't just fighting for a title. Every time they step in the ring, their future earning potential is put at stake, as is their bodily health.

I don't understand how people can get excited about a sport where a team can lose most of their games and the players are still making millions of dollars.

The legendary battles between CM Punk, Mike Jackson and Dean Barry

MMA is the most pure form of competition we have and people on every corner of the earth( except for some of these idiot judges) understand what's going on in the cage.

Pretty much all that has been mentioned. And I also love when they're showing sportsmanship once the fights are over. Everyone in life is fighting a battle. People have different things to fight for. Like Chael said, "we fight everyday" and these fighters are literally doing that, fighting for what they love, their passion, for their families, and to be the best in the world. Personally, that just inspires me. Especially when fighters do things the right way and cut no corners, and that's what I love about MMA.

Just scrap.
09ypOG6.gif
Mutual repect (especially post-fight) is a big plus for me as well. When a great scrap is over I often pay attention to those types of details.

There are so many things I love about MMA. Like most fans, I enjoy a great finish, whether sub or brutal knockout. On the flip side, I also enjoy a long, drawn-out war. I love the chess match aspect that some fights take on, where each fighter is trying to force or manipulate the other into a situation that is advantageous. I love seeing an overmatched fighter refuse to quit and eventually grit out a win. I love watching a dominant champion, where everyone knows what they're going to do, but can't stop them. I also love watching a division where any of a half-dozen fighters could take the belt on a given night. I love the redemption stories we've seen, with people like Lawler, Blachowicz, Oliveira, and Teixeira getting the belt long after most had written them off.
In short, I love this brutal, glorious, messy sport.
Yeah like where someone’s down on the cards and then gets a finish. Or when someone who has lost a few in a row starts a winning streak.

Sometimes one notices improvements in an aspect of a fighter’s game. They often mention the hours of work put into training that one facet and then working it into their arsenal.

MMA is the most pure form of competition we have and people on every corner of the earth( except for some of these idiot judges) understand what's going on in the cage.
Lol true!

Trigger warning:

It’s a replacement for old school pro-wrestling.

Back