Opinion What does "Make America Great Again" mean to you? And how do you see it being great again?

That's why he's on Mt. Rushmore. Washington, Jefferson, TR, and Lincoln symbolize, respectively, birth, growth, conservation/development, and preservation.

Personally, I'm not as a big a TR fan. Imperialist and authoritarian. Some of his rep is good PR. But he was certainly a significant president who did some good things.

😎

I've read a dozen books on the subject, and Canadians OFTEN know more about your history than you do. Especially the civil war, which we're taught without the propaganda and the necessary myth of American Exceptionalism.
Sad, but probably true.

Teddy was a deeply flawed man of his times who was also a magnificent force of nature who changed the country. Nothing but love for the bulletproof bear.

He had a boxing ring installed in the White House. Lost the function of an eye from boxing and was still combat effective, changed the Country as you said, then mentored Franklin. Also gave a kid a dollar who beat up a bully on behalf of his little Sister and then refused to apologize for it when some people clutched their pearls about the gesture.

Aces in my book.

Last edited:
Top 3 president for sure.

Washington
Lincoln
Roosevelt

"I have always said I would not have been President had it not been for my experience in North Dakota. It was here that the romance of my life began. I grow very fond of this place, and it certainly has a desolate, grim beauty of its own, that has a curious fascination for me."

🤩

The Theodore Roosevelt Presidential Library is a planned museum focused on the life and legacy of Theodore Roosevelt, the 26th president of the United States. It is to be constructed at a site to the west of Medora, North Dakota, near Theodore Roosevelt National Park, which preserves sites associated with Roosevelt's travel in North Dakota between 1883 and 1887. A site in the Badlands of Medora was selected in 2020, as well as the design architect Snøhetta and the architect of record JLG Architects.

NYC doesn't want the controversial equestrian statue that stood outside the Natural History museum and voted to have it removed a couple years ago, so NoDak will be taking it as well.

Top 3 president for sure.

Washington
Lincoln
Roosevelt

George is the straight up #1 American for reasons in addition to being the first POTUS (and only to hold office with no formal political party affiliation). In fact, I see his being Commander-in-Chief of the Revolutionary Army and Chairman of the Constitutional Convention as more important titles.

Lincoln and Roosevelt were both better presidents than Jefferson (pretty good) and Madison, but again, those guys were a whole lot more than mere presidents. Writing the Declaration of Independence and Bill of Rights are like, really big fucking deals. The Biggest. And what also of Benjamin Franklin's place?

@Long Dark Blues

Up until 9/11, America had a cadre of very well prepared public servants in the field of foreign policy. it all went to shit after that and those people were marginalized and replaced by cretinous ideologues who, what they lacked in skill, they made up in ruthless stupidity. What was a game of subtle equilibrium, guided a bit by the experience hands of the europeans (brits mainly, but also germans, french, etc), with shared goals and with respect for the fallen enemy, turned into a neocon drooling party where your point is to teabag the defeated and toot your own horn.

America would do good for itself, and the world, to retreat for a while and do some inward looking, a bit of meditation of what it wants to be, and when that thought turns into a global positive, to slowly radiate that towards the world. that's how you can inspire the world again.

Cause now America went from being a quarterback to being the drunken linebacker.

This belongs here, lol.

George is the straight up #1 American for reasons in addition to being the first POTUS (and only to hold office with no formal political party affiliation). In fact, I see his being Commander-in-Chief of the Revolutionary Army and Chairman of the Constitutional Convention as more important titles.

Lincoln and Roosevelt were both better presidents than Jefferson (pretty good) and Madison, but again, those guys were a whole lot more than mere presidents. Writing the Declaration of Independence and Bill of Rights are like, really big fucking deals. The Biggest. And what also of Benjamin Franklin's place?

@Long Dark Blues
That’s the thing, Jeffersons accomplishments outside of being president were probably superior to his accomplishments as president so it’s not necessarily as easy to rank him. That goes for a lot of the founding fathers who later became president.

Franklin is the GOAT non-President American for sure.

Bunch of nerds in this forum all around - this song is the only correct answer to the OP. Can't believe this hasn't been posted yet.

I have absolutely no idea about that. I can only recall watching like five movies that have been released in the last 10 years: Dead Reckoning, Top Gun: Maverick, Fallout, Rogue Nation, Bone Tomahawk. The number of television shows is 0. I'm not big on escapism or sedentary entertainment. No video games since I was like 14 either.

EDIT: A handful of DC based movies too I guess, though mostly at the behest of my son. I was down for seeing Keaton Batman again; too bad it was one of the most disastrous bombs ever.
Saw all of those movies also. Some really good ones. But fair enough. What does your entertainment/leisure time consist of nowadays?

Michele Obama said she was proud of her country for the first time in a long time and the right lost their minds. Trump makes a slogan which is basically the same thing, and the right make it a movement and maybe even a lifestyle. Talk about funny.

Michele Obama said she was proud of her country for the first time in a long time and the right lost their minds. Trump makes a slogan which is basically the same thing, and the right make it a movement and maybe even a lifestyle. Talk about funny.
The thing to remember is that partisans don't mean anything they say.

Back