What does the may/mac say about the the level of striking in MMA?

My trainer goes to Japan quite often because of the cross over events involving fighters from Korea and Japan. He says there are boxing gyms in Japan that won't teach you how to throw a jab until you can make a stance move around properly. Won't teach you the hook until you can throw a 1-2 perfectly. You'll apparently have fighter practicing just the 1-2 for a year before they can progress to other things. Could be a reason why Japanese fighters are doing so well.
trolling aside this is how boxing should be taught.

Just no, no it should not............ otherwise it's going to take someone ages to get their 1st Dan black boxing shorts.......unless it's a McBoxing Gym and your mum knows the instructor.........really well........

Just no, no it should not............ otherwise it's going to take someone ages to get their 1st Dan black boxing shorts.......unless it's a McBoxing Gym and your mum knows the instructor.........really well........
well you could supplement your boxing forms training with some braking practice, and maybe some improvised form competitions to dance music would help speed the student along?

well you could supplement your boxing forms training with some braking practice, and maybe some improvised form competitions to dance music would help speed the student along?

Not sure, ask Sinister.............I know he does a mean salsa but I have never seen him use it in anger..........

Are we talking coloured arm sash or boxer shorts????

You know I wear black boxer shorts sometimes.......but it never improved my hand skills...........

Are we talking coloured arm sash or boxer shorts????

You know I wear black boxer shorts sometimes.......but it never improved my hand skills...........
maybe you are confused about the conversation we are talking about empty hand skills

Would it be disingenuous to wear black boxers whilst in a gym, if you haven't earned them............

Also I sometimes use a black or brown belt to work but maybe as I have only been working for this company for a year......a white or yellow one would be better......

You mean no glove right, proper old school bare hands no lotion.......
well from what i understand real old school guys used horse hair somehow.. and some thai guys used broken glass,,,,,
Would it be disingenuous to wear black boxers whilst in a gym, if you haven't earned them............

Also I sometimes use a black or brown belt to work but maybe as I have only been working for this company for a year......a white or yellow one would be better......
very disrespectful

What about hand wraps dipped in tar and glass, like proper Moo tie

I am feeling really pumped now......going to find my hand lotion and punch a cow in the head..........thanks for the motivation........

well from what i understand real old school guys used horse hair somehow.. and some thai guys used broken glass,,,,,

very disrespectful

Don't you think horse hair is a bit much.........you do know that stuff could contain anthrax spores.......

already addressed that.
but that is moo boring style
those fighters are more like traditional kung fu watch the movie kick boxer with JCVD to see a real accurate representation of the style

already addressed that.
but that is moo boring style
those fighters are more like traditional kung fu watch the movie kick boxer with JCVD to see a real accurate representation of the style

But JCVD does Coors light adverts and Brock Lesnar mentioned it in relation to having intercourse with his wife and drinking the same beverage..........illuminati confirmed.

zapataxiv.......

Are you sure your not Tien........

zapataxiv.......

Are you sure your not Tien........
*Tenshinhan?
i mean i could light your ass up with a dodonpa if i really wanted.
edit
I am also packing a tribeam cannon if you know what i mean.

You said striking, not boxing. Evidently you think boxers would just walk into Muay Thai and do fine with just boxing and nothing else. I'm here saying you are mistaken.

What happened on Saturday was boxing...not striking as most people regard it. Boxing is striking but the most limited ruleset of striking.
No, boxers would get destroyed in a muay thai fight. And Muay Thai figjters would get desttoyed in boxing.
Once again, I said striking meaning any individual striking art. Never did I say that boxing was on some level of its own or anything like that.

No, boxers would get destroyed in a muay thai fight. And Muay Thai figjters would get desttoyed in boxing.
Once again, I said striking meaning any individual striking art. Never did I say that boxing was on some level of its own or anything like that.

Well, just saying the level of boxing next time. Or pugilism...or something.

When people say striking around here, it generally refers to more than just hands

Your post was confusing because you're saying the May/Mac fight showed the difference in striking between boxers and fighters, when really it was the difference in boxing between them (as evidenced by your post about a pure boxer going into less restrictive rulesets).

I was thinking due to the structure of most MMA gyms, it would difficult to train somebody like this from the ground up unless he had a dedicated team from the get go

Back