What happened to Big Foot Silva??

Evenflow80

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Jesus christ. Has there EVER been this dramatic fall in any combat fighting career ?

I just checked his record, with the exception of a lone TKO win in 2015 against Soa Palieli, he hasn't won a single fight since 2013, and has suffered 11 consecutive losses with 10 of them being TKO/KOs!!!

I honestly do not recall such a depressing gall from grace. That's 8 YEARS being an active fighter with only one single win and 11 losses!!

Why is this guy still getting licensed to fight ? It's criminal at this point for any state commission to approve him to fight.

The guy fell of the radar but I just read he lost another fight so looked up his profile and was shocked. What the hell happened ??

He had surgery removing the tumor/cyst from around his pituary gland, I think. It's life saving/preserving for people with gigantism, but tends to have rough effects too, it seems.
Do you know when he had that surgery? To me his real downfall happened when he lost back-to-back to Arlovski and Mir. Both those guys had been KO'd more than he had and should've been more shopworn and chinny than Bigfoot. He's already beaten Arlovski once, too. But he managed to get KO'd by two past-their-prime guys. He managed to beat Soa Palelei after those 2 losses, but went completely downhill afterwards. Even at Bigfoot's best he understandably lost to prime Cain, Cormier and Werdum, but he should've beaten a guy like Mir who had already suffered 7 KO/TKO losses and a terrible motorcycle accident.

Do you know when he had that surgery? To me his real downfall happened when he lost back-to-back to Arlovski and Mir. Both those guys had been KO'd more than he had and should've been more shopworn and chinny than Bigfoot. He's already beaten Arlovski once, too. But he managed to get KO'd by two past-their-prime guys. He managed to beat Soa Palelei after those 2 losses, but went completely downhill afterwards. Even at Bigfoot's best he understandably lost to prime Cain, Cormier and Werdum, but he should've beaten a guy like Mir who had already suffered 7 KO/TKO losses and a terrible motorcycle accident.

Google says that he went under the knife right after Arlovski fight, check it.

Wonder what he is getting paid..

After being released by UFC, Silva sought to continue his MMA career despite his most recent crushing defeats. If a Russian organization is going to pay him a hefty sum of $200,000 though — more than what UFC was paying him — how could he say no?

After that, who knows, prolly rather terribly now, though his name carries note and he is resume filler.

After being released by UFC, Silva sought to continue his MMA career despite his most recent crushing defeats. If a Russian organization is going to pay him a hefty sum of $200,000 though — more than what UFC was paying him — how could he say no?

After that, who knows, prolly rather terribly now, though his name carries note and he is resume filler.
Poor bastard is gonna spend his last years eating baby food through a straw..

I don’t get how he’s licensed at this point.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back