What if Max wins against Gaethje at UFC 300?

Any fighter that has a history with Conor and a gimmick belt to dangle in front of his nose would undoubtedly take the easy pay day, but I have a feeling that Max would instead opt for the ill-advised shot at Makhachev in the unlikely scenario that he beats Gaethje.
He's too competitive to ignore a good standing in a brand new division.

I know this isn't likely but there is definitely a chance that Max survives the first few rounds and drowns Gaethje with volume.
The only thing that worries me is Justin's leg kicks. Max doesn't deal well with leg kicks and Justin's the best leg kicker in the division.
After he eats a few dozen, that will ruin his defense and set him up for Justin's power shots.

Anyway, if he wins does that mean he is next for Makhachev?
That's interesting beacuse all of Makhachev's title fight wins would be against feahterweights who moved up to lw.

Who are you rooting for?
Who would you have Makhachev fight next?
Win or lose.

Makhachev must defend vs the winner of Olivera vs Arman THAT'S the #1 contender fight.

If you put a gun to my head I would put my money on Justin, but I think it's ridiculous to completely dismiss Max's chances. Max is one of the most accurate strikers in the history of the sport, and Justin is one of the most hittable LW's to ever compete for the belt. Justin's leg kicks are pretty savage and Max doesn't deal with that overly well, but if it becomes a battle of attrition I would still back Max to win on points if it went to a decision, yes leg damage impairs you but having your face caved in with 700 punches does too.

Then Max will fight Conor at MW. The winner will face the DDP vs. Strickland fight for the MW belt.

I think the winner is fighting Conor. Chandler is gonna get fucked.

If he wins then Conor will probably call him out for that fake belt.

All due respect to Max but I really have a hard time believing he can win this fight. I’m surprised he accepted it. He just doesn’t have the power to match the big hitters in that weight class. And the amount of time it takes to put on the volume to really hurt an elite LW. Is too long to be taking leg kicks, and powerful strikes from Justin. I just can’t see this going Max’s way. Justin is the last person I’d suggest Max fight at LW.

I like Max way more, though.

Spot on
Why Max ?
Stay in your lane (weight) you Warrior.

He'd prob tell me gtfo, although he is too nice, but i dont see a pat to W for him, nor i want to see his face battered #CSO tonyesque.

If you put a gun to my head I would put my money on Justin, but I think it's ridiculous to completely dismiss Max's chances. Max is one of the most accurate strikers in the history of the sport, and Justin is one of the most hittable LW's to ever compete for the belt. Justin's leg kicks are pretty savage and Max doesn't deal with that overly well, but if it becomes a battle of attrition I would still back Max to win on points if it went to a decision, yes leg damage impairs you but having your face caved in with 700 punches does too.

All that you mention plus JG hits HARD and FINDS HIS TARGETS.

Max isn't that fast either, and do too het hit im the face a tad 2 much. Plus he's fightinh a class above.

Although The Best Is Blessed..

I root for both guys, but its going yo be a long night for Holloway

You heard it here first, Max TKOs Justin in th 4th against the fence.

Back