Media Anthony Smith accepts Poatan's 50k grappling challenge

Never realized it before, but the way Anthony answers media questions kind of reminds me of Tito.

would it really cause that much butthurt? Alex gets choked out all the time. It's grappling.

Exactly.
This is (grappling) practice.

A man seeks challenges,
not stipulations.

Just a bunch of goofy-kids who never rolled when challenged. That's the truth of it.

<Oku02>
To think it has to be about money,
or somehow "butthurt" is so fuckin childish.

Why should I let it resonate? What is your point?
Neer was a lightweight who choked Anthony Smith. It is the history of Anthony fuckin blowing it, and then talking shit on Alex.

It is not as simple as blind Alex fans
and Anthony haters. One guy is the champ, the other got choked out by a lightweight,
and curled into a ball against Jones.
Yet... talking like he would walk through the champ. Even in grappling, it is hilarious.

This isn't about fans being blind, or haters.

Neer was a lightweight who choked Anthony Smith. It is the history of Anthony fuckin blowing it, and then talking shit on Alex.

It is not as simple as blind Alex fans
and Anthony haters. One guy is the champ, the other got choked out by a lightweight,
and curled into a ball against Jones.
Yet... talking like he would walk through the champ. Even in grappling, it is hilarious.

This isn't about fans being blind, or haters.

Even if you think that's a good reason to hate on him (I don't agree, but that's okay), that still just makes you a hater and doesn't disprove my point at all.

@CasualBot

What exactly do you think "this" is?

Grappling, and smith's mouth,
relating both to his history.
Again, let it resonate.
Not being hungup on a "fan" position,
His history. His mouth. His performances.

Nobody is jealous of Anthony Smith,
and laughing at him is not hate.
It is hilarious mockery.

By the way,
i bet on Anthony over the weekend.

<{Heymansnicker}>
Come on now.

Even if you think that's a good reason to hate on him (I don't agree, but that's okay), that still just makes you a hater and doesn't disprove my point at all.
<36><YeahOKJen>

Mockery is not hate.

The dude is who is he is.

<WhatItIs>

"Lionheart" of stipulations.

It's not like Josh Thomson is a hater,
and he posted a video stating the exact same perspective.

It is just fuckin goofy.

<36><YeahOKJen>

Mockery is not hate.

The dude is who is he is.

<WhatItIs>

"Lionheart" of stipulations.

It's not like Josh Thomson is a hater,
and he posted a video stating the exact same perspective.

It is just fuckin goofy.

It's negative emotion. Doesn't really matter how you call it. It is what makes you root against him, and rejoice in his failures. And the fact that Poatan is so beloved for the many reasons people have for liking him is what makes people really root for Alex. So if Smith would beat him in whatever kind of contest they would have, it would be experienced in a negative manner by those who would rejoice in him failing, and the people who are blinded by their love for Poatan would literally be blind sided by the result.

You shitting on him with mockery is definitely hating on him. Doesn't mean I think you literally hate the guy and would be seething with hatred if you would ever meet him in real life. I think many haters would actually act like fans if they ever met the fighter, IRL. But a real fan they are not, because a real fan would have shown a lot more respect and understanding for the fighter instead of mocking him for believibg in himself, even if you don't share that believe in him.

Grappling, and smith's mouth,
relating both to his history.
Again, let it resonate.
Not being hungup on a "fan" position,
His history. His mouth. His performances.

Nobody is jealous of Anthony Smith,
and laughing at him is not hate.
It is hilarious mockery.

By the way,
i bet on Anthony over the weekend.

<{Heymansnicker}>
Come on now.

Bruh, why are you taking this so personally? You know I was talking about general butthurt here on SD, right? Why are you trying to argue so hard against that? I never said you would get butthurt, but you really seem to feel addressed by my comment, huh? Seems a little sus, bud.

Anyway, so no your personal feelings towards Smith have nothing to do with my conment. I said there will be a lot of butthurt if Smith were to choke out Alex. You mocking him or not mocking him, betting on him or not, has absolutely no baring on how I think a lot of fans will react to that outcome.

His past losses and all the things he has said in the past will not take away that he will have beaten Alex and choked him out, even if it's a ridiculous scenario to start on Alex's back with the hooks in. Especially diehard Brazilian fans who tend to be on the passionate/emotional side will not be happy. Lol.

Last edited:
FLOL the butthurt on here if Smith were to choke out Alex... It would be hilarious!

Not sure how it'd cause butthurt. If Alex KTFO Smith during kickboxing that would mean...?

Smith has like 15 years more grappling experience than Alex, maybe more. And done at a highly competitive level.

Although, shertards are shertards, so your point is well taken.

Not sure how it'd cause butthurt. If Alex KTFO Smith during kickboxing that would mean...?

Smith has like 15 years more grappling experience than Alex, maybe more. And done at a highly competitive level.

Bruh, I'm talking emotions, not reason. Lots of people aren't great with reason, if you haven't noticed yet. These people often let themselves be guided by emotion, which often results in unreasonable expectations and/or a strong unwillingness to face reality.

Are we now pretending SD is filled with civilized, reasonable, level headed people?

Although, shertards are shertards, so your point is well taken.

Exactly.

Also, you have to remember, people wil constantly throw it into the faces of Poatan fans that he will have lost to Smith, and that Alex was stupid for making the call out. Trolls a plenty.

What makes you so convinced that a brazilian who's been training jiu jitsu under glover for 7 years is so terrible?
The fact that Alex has looked like a lost puppy on the ground against pure strikers and ale to lost to Jan who would have won had he used ground and pound, Alex don’t look like someone who has rolled very much

It's negative emotion. Doesn't really matter how you call it. It is what makes you root against him, and rejoice in his failures. And the fact that Poatan is so beloved for the many reasons people have for liking him is what makes people really root for Alex. So if Smith would beat him in whatever kind of contest they would have, it would be experienced in a negative manner by those who would rejoice in him failing, and the people who are blinded by their love for Poatan would literally be blind sided by the result.

You shitting on him with mockery is definitely hating on him. Doesn't mean I think you literally hate the guy and would be seething with hatred if you would ever meet him in real life. I think many haters would actually act like fans if they ever met the fighter, IRL. But a real fan they are not, because a real fan would have shown a lot more respect and understanding for the fighter instead of mocking him for believibg in himself, even if you don't share that believe in him.
You're a more patient man than I. Dude is cuckoo.

It's really not hate to say Smith is going to beat Poatan in a grappling match. Alex's grappling isn't really there. Smith might not have the best pedigree but he has a lot of mat time. His black belt took him more or less ten years of training. It isn't like Alex's progression where he was drilling white belt stuff before his fight with Israel. He went straight from white belt to brown belt in a few months. He got a black belt recently. You have guys like Jon Jones and Khamzat who are purple belts.

I just don't believe he is black belt in BJJ by what he is doing in his training clips. If he went out and said he is a black belt in MMA. I would have no issues with that statement.

Back