What if USA diverted 25% from military spending and put it towards national healthcare?

If we stopped being world police and stopped being security for every country this wouldn't be a problem at all

America would've had a little bit more military spending if Mexico actually paid for the wall.
<Neil01>

Would 25% of military spending be enough to pay for a national healthcare system? And would that 25% military spending cut cause us to be put in danger?
How about you split that 20/5 and send 20 to healthcare and the extra 5 to our military and vets that’s suffering.

Look up the word deterrent, retards.

China is salivating at the chance to be the dominant military power.

Read a history book, maybe. The world is not a nice place.

Our military is one of several reasons why the USA is the only super power on the planet.

Our government will never give it up. Our military is here to stay.

So how much military spending is deterrent for China?

Our Navy pretty much keeps China in check. Without our Navy, good luck to China getting oil and food imports. China does not have the blue water navy needed to protect the oceans of the world in order to maintain order and get the stuff they need shipped to them. China's navy is only set up to protect the chain of islands around them.

Also, America uses their superior demographics, which almost no country has anymore, to keep the machines turning in China.

The USA could lean on China at any time.

The USA relies on imports and exports, as a percentage of GDP, the LEAST amount of any country in the entire world. We are the most self sufficient country in existence.

You know what China offers, cheap labor, something lots of other shitty countries would be very eager to offer if we gave them a chance.

China is the boogie man that our government loves to use to scare Americans into doing what they want. TBH, China is not an issue for the USA at all.

Or education. The return on investment would far out weigh any military superiority gains from dumping money at bloated government programs.
Teaching useful skills and knowledge would mean people stop lining up around the block to get the new iphone when their 10 month old iphone is perfectly fine.

I think you've topped your idiotic best with this doozy..........

Blacks and Mexicans have the highest rates of obesity in the US, and they vote 91% and 70% favoring democrat.

Fattest Americans are democrats, you idiot.

Facts really fuck up the typical arrogant yet stunningly ignorant democratic narrative.

I would agree if we paid off the National Debt with that money first and balanced the budget.

Blacks and Mexicans have the highest rates of obesity in the US, and they vote 91% and 70% favoring democrat.

Fattest Americans are democrats, you idiot.

Facts really fuck up the typical arrogant yet stunningly ignorant democratic narrative.

Ummmm, you realize there are far more whites in the USA than blacks and latinos, right?

I mean, the fattest states are typically in the deep south, but hey, I'm not a retard like you, so I don't see the need in going down the "GOPs is the fats, not the dems!!!" road you're taking.

It's gonna be great when you get banned and have to go back to Parler, Twitter and 4chan!!

I think you've topped your idiotic best with this doozy..........

50% of black are obese. 40% of non-Hispanic white are obese. I wonder how many black and non-Hispanic white peoples are there? I bet there’s more than 10% more white people but that’s just a small guess.

Going a step further we can take out the ones of each race that have felonies.

50% of black are obese. 40% of non-Hispanic white are obese. I wonder how many black and non-Hispanic white peoples are there? I bet there’s more than 10% more white people but that’s just a small guess.

You're close to realizing a basic point, but noooooooooooot quite there.

Hint - socio-economic status plays far more a role than political affiliation.

Also, non latino whites account for 61% of the country, latinos account for roughly 18% of the nation's population, while blacks account for roughly 13.5%.

You're only off by a whole lot...............

There's nobody in politics who is going to do this. So you can let go of the pipe dream. You guys keep voting the same people In and expect different results. Edit - Bernie may have made some major changes, maybe. But his lack of a spine may have prevented him.

You could get rid of the military entirely and spend 100% of the military budget on HC and it wouldn't even be in the neighborhood of covering it. Medicare right now costs close to the military budget, and it only covers 40 million people, and covers them insufficiently to the extent that around 80% of them need supplemental coverage, and about 20% of doctors won't even accept it.
As a Canadian, this is insane to read. I'm glad we have something and place and am greatful I've lived with it. It definatly doesn't sound easy to implement

Ummmm, you realize there are far more whites in the USA than blacks and latinos, right?

I mean, the fattest states are typically in the deep south, but hey, I'm not a retard like you, so I don't see the need in going down the "GOPs is the fats, not the dems!!!" road you're taking.

It's gonna be great when you get banned and have to go back to Parler, Twitter and 4chan!!

And all whites are republican now?
Deep south has plenty democrat voters and they predominantly are democrat voting race/ethicity.

Must aucks being part of the fat sack of shit democrats.

Would 25% of military spending be enough to pay for a national healthcare system? And would that 25% military spending cut cause us to be put in danger?
We spend 3.5% of our GDP on the military, and 20% on healthcare (8.5% is the OECD average all of which have national healthcare systems).

Then we'd spend 2.6% of our GDP on the military, and 20.9% of our GDP on healthcare.

It is when the Democrat and MSM reich ignore any and everything outside of the narrative.

what did Omar Ilhan say in regards to 9/11? Some people did some things.
200.gif
She said good people on both sides

As a Canadian, this is insane to read. I'm glad we have something and place and am greatful I've lived with it. It definatly doesn't sound easy to implement
See my post right above this one. If we adopted a universal healthcare system and cut healthcare spending to 8.5% of GDP like is normal, we could actually use the savings to quadruple the size of our military.

Americans would still be fat as fuck
I came in here to assert this notion.

Tossing money at healthcare means nothing when there’s too much problems with American’s diets, cigarette smoking and alcohol consumption (not including moderate consumption).

edit: oh and all the other drugs some Americans have trouble with.

And all whites are republican now?
Deep south has plenty democrat voters and they predominantly are democrat voting race/ethicity.

Must aucks being part of the fat sack of shit democrats.

Nope!! You just keep making an ass of yourself on this basic stuff.

You're trying to break it down as democratic voters=obese Americans

I'm not, despite the South being mostly white, and mostly Republican (were, until Trump fucked up so bad to flip many of those states blue, lol)

I'm fine not looking at the poor people in Appalachia, for example, as a bunch of scumfucking conservatives. I see them as fellow Americans whose communities have been devastated by opioid abuse, lack of educational investment and poor quality of life indicators across the board.

Must suck neither having a coherent argument nor the ability to arrange it in the stricture of your chosen language........

Back